I miss the CT's.

• 7 replies

Offline TheCoasterGuy

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
I miss the CT's.
« on: August 03, 2018, 12:48 PM »
I have noticed that there hasn't been any new Custom Tracks (CT's) in RCT3 lately. There needs to be more of those. Francescoaster has told me that the realism of RCT3 with those CTs fit well. The ones I want to see next are:

From AstroWorld:
Batman: The Escape
Excalibur
Mayan Mindbender
Serpent
Texas Cyclone
Ultra Twister
Viper
XLR-8

From Cedar Point:
Magnum XL-200
Steel Vengeance
Mean Streak
Maverick
Blue Streak

From Holiday World:
The Voyage
The Raven
The Legend

I wonder if anyone can do these.

Offline TheCoasterGuy

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
Re: I miss the CT's.
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2018, 12:58 PM »
Let's not forget:
Big Dipper
Dominator
Raging Wolf Bobs
Double Loop
(All from Geauga Lake)

Offline TheCoasterGuy

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2018, 12:58 PM »
I almost forgot "The Villain".

Offline Chromin

• I mostly just lurk nowadays
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2018, 07:22 AM »
While the realistic tracks of CTs are nice, CTs have always been quite controversial in the past. CTs were considered to be uncreative and people were sceptical about the high-poly tracks that could easily lag the game. Not to forget, there were rumours that CT creators were stealing NL tracks from others (though I'm not sure if there was proof). Now, I'm not talking about customisable CTs like those in the EP Addon, they were never really controversial and were a huge success.

I personally don't like pre-built CTs. They're basically a pre-built layout done by someone else, with no freedom for the user to make changes. There's nothing bad about that; it allows people with little experience to build and theme coasters without the difficulty of making a layout. And they can definitely be fun to play around with. However, in the past there were many people who downloaded a CT, added some very simple scenery and posted the project, seemingly as their own. This is especially boring if you see the same layout copied by multiple people in an unoriginal way. Maybe it's just me, but because of this I associate CT usage with a lack of creativity and originality. Obviously, people who make their own CTs often do a great job and put in a whole lot more work than those who just download them. But I'd usually prefer to build a custom layout than use a pre-built one, and from other creators I vastly prefer seeing coasters with a custom layout to CTs (unless the CT has really good scenery).

If there were to be more CTs, I'd prefer to see customisable ones like the EP addon CTs and the Track5 and Track11 extensions. They let you build much smoother tracks while letting you keep your creative freedom, and they've expand the boundaries much more than any pre-built CT has ever done. Of course, pre-built CTs aren't bad and cost less work to make than customisable ones, they're just not as good either ;)
Nothing to see here

Offline TheCoasterGuy

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2018, 09:52 AM »
I hope that Francescoaster is still out there. He has made some great CT's!

Offline Wacky Worm

• aka Worm
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2018, 05:48 PM »
Not to forget, there were rumours that CT creators were stealing NL tracks from others (though I'm not sure if there was proof).
There were several cases of these models being not only from NL, but of coasters included with that game. In addition, in many other cases it was pretty obvious that the model was pulled from there. It wasn't something that you had to find a smoking gun for.

I agree with the rest of your post.

Offline hhnman234

• RCT3 Forever and Always.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2020, 07:23 PM »
Magnum XL=200 and Maverick have been created by RCTK1.

Offline zacharyshyguy

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2020, 01:36 AM »
I miss CTR and CT too.  :(
Zachary Lunsford