SGW Summer Competition 2018 - Challenge #4 (Winners Posted)

• 109 replies

Offline FCP-Rug

• I'm batman!
    • View Profile
Re: SGW Summer Competition 2018 - Challenge #4
« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2018, 10:34 AM »
Well, I have saved all of the images onto imgur now so I was thinking I would post it closer to the time but they are ready now...It is tempting.
Always be yourself...unless you can be batman!

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2018, 06:19 PM »
Well, I have saved all of the images onto imgur now so I was thinking I would post it closer to the time but they are ready now...It is tempting.

I always try to post first so I can claim that, at least for a moment, I was in 1st place ;)
-Bullethead
NIHIL INIQVIVS QVAM ÆQVITATEM NIMIS INTENDERE
My Steam Workshop page

Offline Graystripedkitty

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 13, 2018, 05:45 AM »
I am having trouble with my dark ride. I have tried it above ground but it wasn't as dark as I want and underground but that doesn't seem really realistic. Is there a trick that I don't know about for making dark rides?I may have to keep it underground at this point due to running out of time (doing the Ludum Dare this weekend)but I would like to know how I could make it better. (Also, sorry for any typos: I'm typing onehanded while feeding my 3 month old.)

Offline FCP-Rug

• I'm batman!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 13, 2018, 06:24 AM »
The only thing I can think that block's light is the starfield panels. You can surround a room in them.

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 13, 2018, 06:57 AM »
I am having trouble with my dark ride. I have tried it above ground but it wasn't as dark as I want and underground but that doesn't seem really realistic. Is there a trick that I don't know about for making dark rides?

There's a wonderful thing now called the "Time Machine".  It's a small console-looking thing on the same scenery tab as the display sequencer console.

What the "Time Machine" does is change is change the effective time of day (as far as light level goes) for the ride camera ONLY, nowhere else in the park.  So basically, even if its daylight, when you're on the ride, you can make it as dark as night (you can also add any of the new visual camera filters).  This makes above-ground dark rides possible, provided they have a roof to provide shade.

To use the Time Machine, just plunk it down somewhere and set its time to whatever you want (plus any filters desired).  Then trigger it with a track trigger.  You can have multiple Time Machines at different points along the track to change the light level and filters as you go along, too.
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

Online shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 13, 2018, 10:46 AM »
Or you can simply do what people did before the Time Machine. Just show screenshots of the interior at night.
Browse the Best of the Workshop at the Planet Coaster Depot

Offline PhDisney

• UK based theme park enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 13, 2018, 12:18 PM »
Or you can simply do what people did before the Time Machine. Just show screenshots of the interior at night.

That's what I'm doing. Showing exterior shots during the day, and my POV will be at night.

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 13, 2018, 01:32 PM »
BSI CHALLENGE #4 ENTRY
[/b]

BSI read and reread the rules and finally decided that, having built a big multi-purpose live entertainment venue last time, this time they were only required to build a flat ride instead, along with a major non-coaster ride.  There was also optional objectives of a 2nd flat ride and a shop.  BSI decided to go for the optional objectives as well, to help fill in the rear of the ice rink parcel, plus try to close off the back of the ice rink plaza as well if time permitted.  It didn't quite, but BSI still got a fair amount done before time expired.  It's not great stuff, but it'll have to do.

Also note that I will be out of town all next weekend (my only real time to work on this, but I am going to 6 Flags over Texas so it's sort of a wash) so next challenge will probably not go well for me ;).

Anyway, here's the results...

#1:  Clifftop Area Overview

So, starting in the lower left and going mostly clockwise, we have:
  • Screaminator "Fire Fall", a required project.  It's surrounded by flamethrowers that blast towers of flames up as the car starts coming down.  It commemorates an old local custom of building bonfires on the top of the cliff on Midsummer's Eve, then pushing the burning logs off the cliff.  It looked really cool but eventually burned down one of the campgrounds and got too much ashes in the beach sand, so was discontinued.  Now the locals just have drunken parade down the main street.
  • The new main plaza station for the tram.  Not part of this challenge but needed to be built.  It's entered from the plaza so has the same "Steampunk Atlantic" look..
  • Chair-o-Planes "Chair Swings", a classic ride centered on the path coming from the ice rink plaza.  It has fountains mirroring those at the corners of the ice rink, for a bit of symmetry.  This is the 2nd, optional flat ride.
  • The small building with the tall roof is a new restroom for this "Clifftop" area of the park, one of the optional objectives I guess.
  • The large brown area with lots of umbrellas is actually the foundation of the planned final building of the ice rink plaza.  Depending on what future challenges require, it might turn out to be a big restaurant or gift shop.
     But right now, it's been marked off with 2 each courts for volleyball and badminton, plus seating for participants.  Not part of this challenge, just me trying to guess what's coming next and get a head start as I know I won't have much time.
  • The rectangular, flat-roofed building is 2 drink and 1 food shops for the new "Clifftop" area.  Next  to it, octagonal thing is a dining gazebo with 9 tables.  This is again one of the optional objectives.  Behind this, the path and tramway both extend to the property line of the farm, which was not used this time around.
  • The main requirement, the river rapids ride "Blow Hole".  It re-enacts a local legend, totally not true, about one of the early settlers who was washed over the cliff when a dam burst.  He ended up in the lake but the tsunami caused by the sudden waterfall rebounded off the far bank and washed him back against the cliff.  However, instead of being dashed to bits on the jagged rocks, he got washed into a cave which carried him back up and blew him out a hole in the ground, safe and sound.  So that's what this ride does, and you can see its signature blasts of water coming out of the ground in front of the station.
  • Finally, to the right, you can see the "Blow Hole" track accompanied down the cliff by a new path, the 1st way down other than the tram spiraling around the hotel.  The path crosses the "Blow Hole" track at 2 splashdowns which reach up to the bridges.

#2:  Blow Hole Station

The station's roof was stolen from an old, abandoned Stuckey's tourist trap a few miles outside of town, then propped up on some old beams found lying around.  The major effort went into excessively carving these beams to kinda look like waves if you're drunk enough.  The whole Clifftop area is an attempt to have a less-developed, less-ornate look while still maintaining some of the general styling.  I don't think it works very well but fortunately, being at the back of the park, we already have the suckers' money by the time they get back here and see this area.

#3  Blow Hole Track

This is one of the path bridges where the ride splashes the walkers.  There's a vista point on the bridge to make sure peeps stand there and get splashed.  The main purpose of this pic is to show that both the ride and the path have custom supports throughout.  Which, if you consider how long both of them are as shown in the overview, was a LOT of work for very little practical value.

#4  Blow Hole Cavern

So, after a series of splashdowns going down the cliff, Blow Hole enters another natural cavern behind the cliff (IOW, the only external terraforming was poking a small hole in the cliff face.  Anyway, there's lots of water pouring from above (along with mysterious, probably not radioactive glowing goo), plus gushing down the lifts.  The ride goes up in a couple of steps with boiling water between, so riders will be good and wet by the time they reach the top.

#5.  Blow Hole Blowing

Here you can see the impressive blast of water that hits riders from behind as they start up the final lift back at the surface.  It also reaches the nearest corner of the station, the exit ramp, and part of the queue, ensuring everybody goes home soaked.  The small hill where the ride emerges from underground is made of the spoil from digging the tunnels.

Also in this pic you can see the backstage of the food court (including another fire pump shed), part of the so- not-in-this-challenge temporary volleyball deck, and a good view of the Chair Swings.  BSI considered reusing the ride name "Thunder Thrones" (from Misfit Toyland)  for this ride but ultimately decided to stick with the generic classic name.

BSI is rather proud of the Blow Hole sign but unfortunately it keeps shorting out from overspray of the blowing hole itself.  BSI has also decided that the tramway can be used as the service route for the park.  The trams have a baggage compartment under the seats just like buses, so they can haul away garbage and bring in frozen burger patties as needed.  There's still a reserved space between the ice rink plaza and the gorge highway for the main warehouse and repair shop area.

#6:  Firefall

Here's the rather fancy fence around the base of the Screaminator, each of which has a small "eternal flame" and a big flamethrower timed to when the ride drops.  The 2-story building in the background is the new main tram station, not technically part of this challenge.

#7:  Clifftop Food Court

Here's the restroom, snackbar, and dining gazebo of the Clifftop food court.  Once the restroom was finished, somebody thought the wall decorations looked a lot like a Starbucks sign so there has been some concern that Lake Planco Park might get sued, but so far so good.  Probably because this place is so obscure Starbucks hasn't heard of it.

Eventually, the different architectural style of the Clifftop area will be hidden from the ice rink plaza by the large building that will someday be built on the "volleyball deck".  The main thing to note, however, is all the safety features where the pedestrian crosses the tramway.  Gates, lights, highly visible paint on the ground, and warning sounds which you can't hear in this pic.

#8.  Night View

By the end of the day, BSI had gotten the Blow Hole sign working again so decided to take a pic of it.  BSI also thinks it's kinda cool how the lights below shine through the gaps in the snackbar awning and gazebo roof.

Anyway, that's it for this time.  Not very good work, not very photogenic, and poorly chosen pics, but things are what they are.  Good luck to everybody!

BTW, they recently fixed the bug that had extinguished the hundreds of lit windows I'd put in this park.  YAY!  So I went back and tuned them all back on, which had to be done 1 at a time.  Then it turned out none of them were in any of these pics.  Oh well.  Still needed doing.

PS:  Turns out I had a little bit of time unexpectedly so I made a crappy POV of the Blow Hole ride.

« Last Edit: August 15, 2018, 11:28 AM by Bullethead »
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

« Reply #38 on: August 13, 2018, 01:50 PM »
here come the entries....

« Reply #39 on: August 13, 2018, 03:04 PM »
Nice entry BH !

Probably won't present any entry for this challenge. I was ill during the past week and when I wasn't at my summer job I was basically sleeping (not exagerating...). I feel better now but I will never have the time to propose something decent wednesday unfortunately !
Warner Movie Worlds
(pardon my french!)

« Reply #40 on: August 13, 2018, 03:18 PM »
Correct me if I'm wrong judges, but last place still guarantees six points.  So Neitsab, plop a tree into the park and take a picture of it.  Those six points could make a significant difference in the end.

BH, there's a lot to see there and I'm down to the wire on my build, so I'll come back later with all the delightful commentary the world has come to expect from me.  [crickets chirp]...

Online shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 13, 2018, 03:24 PM »
Correct me if I'm wrong judges, but last place still guarantees six points.  So Neitsab, plop a tree into the park and take a picture of it.  Those six points could make a significant difference in the end.
That's correct. You're guaranteed a minimum of 6 pts if you enter.
Browse the Best of the Workshop at the Planet Coaster Depot

Offline FCP-Rug

• I'm batman!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 13, 2018, 03:36 PM »
Hey bullethead, I love the slatted roof overhang in picture 8 along with the cheesy but awesome Blow Hole Sign!
Nice to see the cave work too!

Sorry to hear you've been ill Neit but even something small would be worth it, why not try one of the optional challenges like...just do one small thing if your struggling for time.

I ended up doing my whole challenge in two long sessions in order to fit it in  but somehow got a lot done. Will be doing the write up after this post.

Offline FCP-Rug

• I'm batman!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 13, 2018, 04:32 PM »
Steep Rock Adventure Park

Hi folks! Welcome to the our next big adventure here at Steep Rock!

We've had our R&D department mulling over the parks options for expansion and it seems to us that there are two major holes in Steep Rocks repertoire. The first is the need for some live entertainment and the second being a larger attraction/ride. One thing that became glaringly obvious...

...We did not have the space.

This is where our story begins because unbeknownst to us our work renovating the church and beach has really held sway with the locals and specifically with Mr Jenkins who owns the neighboring farm. With the recent, freak, fires and poor soil the farm has been struggling and having seen a positive affect on the community Jenkins decided it was time to sell the farm.

Great news for the park!!!

Over a dinner with Mr and Mrs Jenkins to hash out the terms a small revelation that would shape this new project came to light. The couple had never wanted to be just farmers and had only inherited the farm. Their true passions lied in acting and they had their regrets.

Sad to see the buildings be torn down and the couple moved on Steep Rock hatched a brilliant plan. Kill 3 birds with one stone!!!

Here it is!

That's right folks our newest attraction is here! A haunted hayride and show! Combining two of the main shortfalls in our parks repertoire. Mr and Mrs Jenkins head up a team of actors playfully known as "Pumpkin Patchworks Perilous Plays" Guests are invited to enjoy the frankly hilarious shows before making their way to the haunted hayride!

Old Man Jenkins will take guests on a seemingly innocent tour of the farm in the back carriage of his personal tractor.

Guests will learn of the Curse of Old Man Jenkins as he takes them through the farm eventually dropping the guests at the "Barn" where they will be "processed for meat" Guests will traverse an indoor dark maze where they will be spooked by various props and "actors"

The tractor is free to collect more unsuspecting "visitors" and the guests, once the maze is completed, will move onto the final part of the experience. It seems the meat has been turning the locals into zombies. Guests will be chased through a maze of destroyed cars and waste barrels in this apocalyptic setting.

When they finally come to the end of that area there is one final actor hidden behind some tyres ready to chase the guests out screaming. The exit leads out next to the show area but LUCKILY it only helps ADD to the hilarious chaos of the show. I guess what we are hoping to call this 'ride' is an experience incorporating actors and a stage show into a haunted hayride. We hope you enjoy it as much as we here at Steep Rock and the Jenkins' have creating it.

Additionally we have noted an increase in demand for healthy drinks in recent years and decided to us a growing company "Pipshot" and have given them a stall to sell their fresh and wholesome drinks.

ALSO additionally, we have added another flat ride adorably titled "Dog-Flight"! Check out the cutest aeroplane/dog/sign we have seen in a while  ;D

Aside from this we have done some small park work including extending the car park and adding in some quiet wooded pathways and benches for guests to enjoy a rest stop or more scenic walk to their next ride as you can see in the following birds eye shot taken below.

Thanks for stopping by again!

Offline FCP-Rug

• I'm batman!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 13, 2018, 04:35 PM »
Sorry there are no screens of the indoor maze it is partly complete but I just couldn't fit it in time wise with having to be afk and I would also have liked to have made the juicer and slushy machines for the stall to but no time in the end.

Offline champ01

• i live for the meme
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 13, 2018, 06:14 PM »
yeah band camp has destroyed me once again... 9 am to 9 pm days have completely sacked my creativity. i have an idea for what i want to do but i know i dont have time for it. hopefully ill be able to post something good for the next challenge. sorry guys

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 13, 2018, 06:37 PM »
Nice entry BH !

Probably won't present any entry for this challenge. I was ill during the past week...

Thanks, and very sorry to hear you've been sick.  Do turn in something, though.  Every little bit helps and you've already got 2 zeros for joining late.

BH, there's a lot to see there and I'm down to the wire on my build, so I'll come back later with all the delightful commentary the world has come to expect from me.  [crickets chirp]...

Quantity doesn't atone for lack of quality.  In C#1 and C#3, things just flowed for me.  In C#2 and now C#4, I just wasn't feeling it.  The Muses are fickle bitches  :glare:  I look forward to you giving my entry its condign ripping in your delightfully sardonic style ;).

Hey bullethead, I love the slatted roof overhang in picture 8 along with the cheesy but awesome Blow Hole Sign!
Nice to see the cave work too!

Thanks!  I think your doggie-plane sign is cheesy but awesome, too  :up:  And charming.  Somehow it reminds me of Snoopy vs. the Red Baron :).

I was particularly impressed with your chutzpah for making a fake ride (at least partially) for one of the major requirements of this go-round.  This would never have occurred to me so I salute your originality and sheer audacity.  And the results are quite good.  You should do a POV walk-through of that area at night.  But even more impressive is how you conned the Jenkinses into portraying themselves as the villains in a "Texas Chainsaw Massacre" reprise.  That's salesmanship, that is!  I cringe to think of how much you had to pay them for that.  Or maybe they really HAVE been cannibals all this time and you're blackmailing them into doing the show for free, pretending it's all a joke, instead of going to the authorities.  Either way, nicely played ;).

yeah band camp has destroyed me once again... 9 am to 9 pm days have completely sacked my creativity. i have an idea for what i want to do but i know i dont have time for it. hopefully ill be able to post something good for the next challenge. sorry guys

Sorry to hear that, Champ.  But I sympathize.  I was in the band myself in high school, out in west Texas where they take it WAY too seriously.  Doing a half-time show is more of a workout than playing the game, and requires at least as much practice.  I still have the scars.
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

Offline FCP-Rug

• I'm batman!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 13, 2018, 11:26 PM »
I did plan on doing a fly through pov at night but having to leave my p.c. sooner than expected hurt my time scale to complete it all.

Offline PhDisney

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 14, 2018, 12:03 AM »
A great first two entries.

FCP: I’d argue this is your strongest work yet in this competition. Love the dog plane and the imagination behind the tractor tour!

BH: usual high praise for you! I like the consistency in colour and style, something I could learn much from!

Offline PhDisney

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 14, 2018, 06:48 AM »
LAKEVIEW HEIGHTS

Welcome to the newest installment of Lakeview Heights.

We are delighted that Old Man Jenkins finally agreed to sell up, and the newest areas of the park have been built on his former farmland.

The expansion consists of two parts - CANADA PLAZA (sponsored by Air Canada) - which contains a dark ride major attraction, a flat ride, two food/drink outlets, a gift shop, an information kiosk, an ATM, and some toilets. The second area is the FEDEX ARENA (sponsored by... well, it's obvious!).

Let's start with the Arena. This is a 3,000 capacity stadium which hosts the world's first outdoor musicals straight from Broadway, but also doubles up as the new home of Planco FC, the area's newest football (soccer if you're that way inclined!) team. Here is a view from the new multi-storey car park (parking garage) of the South Stand, the ticket office, and some food/drink outlets. You can see Planco FC staff handing out cheap tickets and balloons.

Here's a view of the arena set up for a live music concert. The stage has been temporarily installed, and a large screen sits waiting to be used. The football team aren't too pleased about the state of the grass after the last concert...

Next we move to Canada Plaza. First, let's call at the flat ride, WILD NIAGARA. The entrance is a lovely floral area with a pond that fires water into the air in front of the sign. Ride Photos are available on this attraction, and can be seen on the right hand side near the exit. Full cover is provided in the queue, which is themed blue/white like the rest of the ride and surrounding scenery.

Let's take a quick look in the gift shop now, CANADA TRADING POST. We are still waiting for a few items to be delivered, so the offering is fairly limited, but we have some lovely ride t-shirts for Canada - The Ride and Wild Niagara, as well as novelty hats and local artwork for sale.

Finally, the big one. CANADA - THE RIDE is a dark ride which takes passengers through four different scenes. You'll have to watch the video to find out where it takes them! There is a HUGE show building which has been cleverly disguised behind the grand entrance building and a berm with trees and bushes. This entrance is heavily inspired by the parliament buildings in Ottawa. The atmospheric queue line, which you will see briefly in the video, has television screens on the walls showing scenes from around Canada.

Here is the POV - enjoy!

(Full disclosure - one Workshop item used: the polar bears in the dark ride)

« Last Edit: August 14, 2018, 01:42 PM by PhDisney »

« Reply #50 on: August 14, 2018, 08:05 AM »
Holy crap. Ph, I'm almost speechless.  [I said almost].  You really went all out in every single aspect.  Your video turned out quite well, and I really loved the fast-motion at the beginning.  The ride had some great visuals, yet you kept the "soundstage" feel of being in a large scale dark ride.  And then you had to go and exceed yourself in every other thing you built as well.  Damn you.

Rug: I agree with Ph, this is your best entry yet, which is saying a lot.  You totally stole my idea about turning the Jenkins house into a haunted house, although my story wasn't quite as upbeat as yours, hence the fact that in your version the old coot is still alive.  Some real great details on the zombie scene, stuff I'd have never thought of.  Clever canopy over the stage, and I just love the sign over the farm.  Brilliant.  Damn you.

BH, it's funny to me that you felt more inspired by challenge 3 because I actually like your work here even better.  You have a true knack for adding ornate details to all your buildings, something I even knew before this summer competition.  I really like the playful whimsy in all your stuff, even your railroad crossing is colorfully unique.  Hope you have lots of fun at 6 flags, but before you leave I just want to say... damn you.

Seriously guys, I felt good about my work this round until you started posting.  It's a good thing I'm not working today because 1) just had the advanced move crash after a lengthy session, and 2) pretty much have to do a POV and haven't started the cameras on that yet.  And now I'm stalling because the last thing you want to do after a game crash is start the game back up.  Damn you Frontier.  :P

Offline PhDisney

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 14, 2018, 08:14 AM »
Haha thanks JP. Don’t worry yourself too much. Me working at 100% can still be outdone by you working at 50%. You’re insanely talented at this game.

Funny you say that about my ride. I didn’t want it to be too immersive, which sounds odd, but I like to stick to realism where possible. Even at Disney you can see the roof of the buildings and lighting cables/emergency exits etc. I think being able to see, even subtly, the show building walls/ceiling adds to the realism in a strange way.

« Reply #52 on: August 14, 2018, 09:42 AM »
^^Agreed.  Especially when you're using scenery that's meant to be real in an outdoor setting like a tree for example, but using that same piece of scenery on a dark ride you want it to be a fake tree.  I think you accomplished that well.

Offline FCP-Rug

• I'm batman!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 14, 2018, 12:18 PM »
PHDisney, I'll take a Canada the ride t-shirt please!!!

Great idea for a ride there but I think my fave is the theming for your wild niagra. Great use of that awful floor texture..you've made it look good!

JP and PH thanks for the kind words. I was suprised to hear that this time round.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2018, 12:20 PM by FCP-Rug »

« Reply #54 on: August 14, 2018, 12:18 PM »
these are all great entries so far this round. I like them all.

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 14, 2018, 04:26 PM »
@PhD:  The sheer volume of stuff you make (both in terms of the number of things, AND the physical space they occupy, continues to leave me dazed each round.  HOW do you find both the time and the space for all that?  Especially with all the details and custom billboards hither and yon?!?!?  Great stuff!  BTW, I think it's amusing that "Canada" is a dark ride.   You and Abbittibbi should collaborate on something :D.  BTW, I loved the polar bear statues.

@JP:  I'm honored to be damned by the likes of you ;).  Even though it's not technically a railroad crossing because it's a tram, not a train :)

-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

« Reply #56 on: August 14, 2018, 09:57 PM »
Season 4 was another busy one at Lake Jeronimo Park, with lots of new stuff to see.  But first, it was also a busy year for Planco City as they continue to provide the infrastructure necessary for a growing (mostly tourist) population.  We lost part of our parking lot for their sidewalk project, but managed to retain the same number of spaces using less space between the rows.  Doesn't seem to be a problem so far, we were initally quite generous with that.  We will need to figure out how to add even more parking soon, but the addition of a city bus route has cut down on some of our parking needs.  And also, they've FINALLY put in crosswalks at the busy intersection across from the park, as the sidewalk pillows we voluntarily placed were not cutting it. 

You can also see our new theatre facility in the above shot, something we added at request of the mayor.  Seems they've been trying to lure the Sundance festival to town and more screens are needed.   We built the main auditorium to be used for theatrical and musical productions with a projection screen option to use when needed for the festival.  This auditorium is accessible from inside or outside the park.  Meanwhile the building also houses a smaller more intimate theater only accessible from the park for short films.

Oh, and also, we finally put up a new sign on the entrance, and have been working over the past couple of seasons to tone down the main entrance and get away from the deco for a more "mountain rustic" look.

Shot 2 is just inside the main entrance, where the carousel has gotten a makeover to open up the plaza more to better fit the crowd flow.  We also finally themed the chair swings that have been in that spot for the past 2 seasons.  New streetlamps have been added throughout the park courtesy of BBordewyk.

We lost some small office space (fine, it was a trailer) with the new theater, so next to that we added a much larger A-frame structure that accomodates park office, security, first aid, etc.  We also had to shuffle around our midway a little to add one new flat ride this season, the Caterpillar.    Fun fact: The path to the left goes absolutely nowhere.

Deeper inside the park we're finally getting the chance to go more rustic with our theming, including a new outdoor stage setup for live entertainment.  3 times per day you can catch Moira Cowbell and the Bullhorns, and we just cover up the signs on the side whenever we have somebody else perform.  Another fun fact:  Her name is not really Moira Cowbell.  That's Becky, who we learned could sing just as we were about to fire her from the Bullethead Microbrewery.  Her singing is fine, but her people skills need some work and her performances are largely unattended.  Luckily we own the red wig so perhaps we'll see a new Moira in season 5.

But the big ticket this year is our new log flume, Sawdust Falls.  Yep, the sawmill is a tired park cliche but we didn't want to re-invent the wheel with this one, just make it a better wheel.   We've situated it in our new third land, which we're thinking of calling "Timber Town."  True, we haven't named the first two lands in the park yet, but whatever.

That Zipper ride on the left has been in the park from the very beginning, and has been relocated every single season.  We think it's finally found a permanent home, and has therefore finally received theming.  The building behind it is empty for now, we don't [cough, currently] have path access to it, but our owners wanted it built now for the Sawdust Falls promotional shots.

To lead into Sawdust Falls, both incoming paths have been lined with storefronts.  We have a Chocolatier, a clothing store, a Gulpee freestyle, and a temporary location for Jeronimo Wines, which we are not allowed to sell on the church lot due to a liquor license issue that we really should have seen coming.

Since we're here, we should probably get in line for the log ride.  It's been very popular all season, some peeps seem to think it's the only ride in the park.  With any luck we can get in behind these two kids wearing obnoxiously large hats.

Our budget this year allows me to waste our final screenshot on something we did not build, that lighthouse on the beach.  I don't think the city has done much else with Planco Pier, they've probably been too busy putting in sidewalks.  I do like how prominent Sawdust Falls appears from the beach though.  And also, you can't see it in this shot, but it seems Old Farmer Jenkins didn't plant any crops this year, nor has he complained as much.  We sure hope everything's ok.

--------------

Notes:
In addition to BBordewyk's lights, I threw Fisherman's waves in just to see how they'd look.

The video is laggier than I'd like and laggier than it needs to be, I got crazy and let 1000 peeps into the park because I thought it might be cool to see actual peeps enjoying one of my parks for once.

The onride animatronics are frozen intentionally and given obnoxious complexions to differentiate them from all the animatronics in the park that are supposed to be actual people.

There was some terraforming done under the log flume, I suppose I could argue that it's fake, since this is largely based on Timber Mountain at Knotts. 

You can briefly see the Wild Mouse coaster on the POV, it was technically added last season and just hasn't been spotlighted yet so no new coasters were built this year.

Finally, 3 more shoutouts were added in this update but might not be visible in these shots: "phDisney's phRozen" is the live production at the theater, "Forgath Me Not" is the short film on the small screen, and Ruggles General Store is actually a facade for a bathroom and employee facility.  (Sorry Rug, but it's a very nice bathroom if that helps.)
« Last Edit: August 14, 2018, 10:15 PM by JPAlmighT »

« Reply #57 on: August 14, 2018, 11:08 PM »
Wow wow wow !  The competition is really strong this week...Today is my day off. I will try to post something this evening :).
Warner Movie Worlds
(pardon my french!)

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 15, 2018, 12:07 AM »
REALLY great stuff, JP!  It all just goes together so well and looks so cool.  I'm really envious of your architectural and space-arranging skills, and how you always make each individual piece the perfect color.

But which of your incompetent employees dropped an expensive wine barrel in the log ride pond?  The chlorine can't be doing the vintage any good ;)

-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

Offline FCP-Rug

• I'm batman!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 15, 2018, 12:56 AM »
JP your park went from great to legendary in like...a week!!! I really can't wait to walk around this place!