You Know You've Been Playing Too Much PC When......

• 7 replies

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
You Know You've Been Playing Too Much PC When......
« on: August 04, 2018, 03:00 PM »
..... when you see this and think nothing of it at first, then do a double-take because you realize you're not in-game:

Many questions arise.  Is PC realistically portraying the scale of actual furniture and we've been wrong to criticize it?  What world are we living in?  Has up really be down all this time?  Or does the lunatic who built this play PC too much, and perhaps even now is lurking in this very forum, snickering in some dark corner at my WTF moment here?  Or were both myself and my camera hallucinating?  I did just get the new shingles vaccine the other day and it threw me for a loop. and there was an Android update yesterday, after all.  Coincidence?

FWIW, I took this pic today in the park in the nearest town to me (8 miles away, population 1500 normal people and apparently now 1 giant).  It has a nice pond where I can do 1/4-mile laps in my kayak.  I normally do that twice a week but have been away for a couple months due to real life.  This is what I saw when I returned today.

Anyway, feel free to continue this thread indefinitely at irregular intervals like the "What did you just do?" thread, as real-world stuff reminds you of the game.  Or just delete this thread now, as it might attract the attention of the Illuminati :D
« Last Edit: August 04, 2018, 03:02 PM by Bullethead »
-Bullethead
NIHIL INIQVIVS QVAM ÆQVITATEM NIMIS INTENDERE
My Steam Workshop page

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
Re: You Know You've Been Playing Too Much PC When......
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2018, 03:59 PM »
You know what I do?  My brain is constantly in PC build mode.  I look at buildings and think "what scenery objects would I use to make that?"  I've done that since the RCT1 days.  ha ha

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2018, 04:41 PM »
You know what I do?  My brain is constantly in PC build mode.  I look at buildings and think "what scenery objects would I use to make that?"  I've done that since the RCT1 days.  ha ha

Well, obviously 4m Haunted House pillars for the corner posts but sunk 1m into the ground as the roof is only 3m above grade.  And it's a 3m square so you'd have set grid size to 1m and use the small brackets for the shingles of the custom roof. 

But then you have the grossly over-sized chair, which is what made me think of PC when I saw this scene.  There's the obvious problem that the giant it was made for having to bend double to get under the roof, and sit stooped over to keep his head out of the ceiling just above the back of the chair.  This ceiling, BTW, would be made of 1m square "coloured" panels (because this is a 3m building) to hide the forest of brackets on the underside of the roof.  The chair itself would largely be made of the medium and small sized Haunted House planks, with a few of the original planks thrown in for the skinnier parts.  Then there'd be the fight getting their colors to match up despite the different surface textures and specularities of the old and new planks.

Stil, the question remains, is it unrealistic to make chairs this big in PC, given that there are real-life examples?
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2018, 06:08 PM »
ha ha ha

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2018, 07:54 PM »
Me too - I look at all buildings, scenery, etc. now and think how could I do that in the game. Actually said it out loud once at dinner with my wife...she was like "WHAT?!?!?!?....you are nuts". Its especially bad when we go to Disney. All I do is take photos of stuff to use in the game or try to mimic.

Offline cody

• Unlock the magic within!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2018, 11:36 PM »
With any theme park simulation game, I know I have been playing too much when I think an area is closed in real life because it is closed in a current project (Example: Imagination).

Offline FCP-Rug

• I'm batman!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2018, 11:51 PM »
I've started to see an areas topography in terms of what trees are available in game.
Always be yourself...unless you can be batman!

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2018, 06:25 AM »
With any theme park simulation game, I know I have been playing too much when I think an area is closed in real life because it is closed in a current project (Example: Imagination).

Ooohhh, that's a pretty serious case of PC overdose :)
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page