Carowinds 2018

• 37 replies

Offline Salad Fries

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
Re: Carowinds 2018
« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2018, 09:15 AM »
Wow! Your tunnel on Goldrusher is absolutely spectacular!

Offline bmdavis4

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 23, 2018, 12:30 PM »
Just some new updates redid the front entrance ticket and guest services and starting on Chickies Restaurant

Tickets area

Guest Services

Chickies Restaurant

I hope before the new year I will have the park pretty much done. 

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 25, 2018, 05:13 AM »
Nicely done buildings, especially the non-linear ticket building.  It's hard to make the seams look good with those :).
-Bullethead
NIHIL INIQVIVS QVAM ÆQVITATEM NIMIS INTENDERE
My Steam Workshop page

Offline bmdavis4

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 01, 2019, 04:01 PM »
Its done.

Welcome to my first full park recreation. This park took a lot of time and I learned a lot from the game with this park. I am not going to lie there is some rough areas of the park and some areas look incomplete. You are correct I pretty much was over the park as far as what I have done. I would like to thank the multiple workshop items that I used such as Fury Tunnel, Carowinds logo, Carowinds Building, Diner, Camp Snoopy areas. and all. Some of Camp Snoopy looks off due to the flat rides not available and the space needed. Dinos Alive has nothing just a few trees no dinos. A lot of the restaurants just have random food buildings just to fill that in. I kept the coasters as accurate as possible, I did not do custom scenery. I had a fun time and I plan to make a Carowinds 2019 but as a whole new park. Thank you again to all who assisted me in this first big Planet Coaster Journey.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1611279227

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 02, 2019, 06:55 AM »
Congrats on finishing the park!  (pops champagne---it had a bottle left from New Year's :D )

Doing park replicas is quite challenging due to the various constraints forced on you by PC.  The lack of certain rides, the size of coaster stations, the limitations on path size and entrance/exit locations on coaster stations, all really test your ingenuity.  You should certainly feel proud of yourself for meeting these challenges ;)
-Bullethead
NIHIL INIQVIVS QVAM ÆQVITATEM NIMIS INTENDERE
My Steam Workshop page

Offline Salad Fries

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 03, 2019, 07:17 PM »
I would just like to +1 what Bullethead said (he said it much more eloquently than I could have). Recreations are incredibly difficult and you should definitely feel proud of yourself!

I'm not familiar with Carowinds, but from a bit of google searching, your recreation looks great! Your ticket area in particular looks really accurate. I look forward to what you come up with in 2019.

Offline hhnman234

• RCT3 Forever and Always.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 04, 2019, 10:55 PM »
I love what you built. Big fan of Cedar Fair parks. Have not been, but would love to visit some day!

Offline bmdavis4

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 06, 2019, 09:12 AM »
Thanks everybody yeah it was a lot of work and towards the end I was over it.  I learned a lot and I plan to do a new recreation of it with what I learned.  Anyways enjoy it