Tom's Trip Vlogs/Reports

• 13 replies

Offline ImagineerTom

• It all started with a mouse.
    • View Profile
Tom's Trip Vlogs/Reports
« on: August 10, 2018, 02:02 PM »
Hi all! Technically this is not my photography, but my videography.

I live in Orlando now since I worked for Disney and started making "weekly" vlogs. I recently did one of Future World and made it a little longer than usual and tried to make it feel like I was giving a tour of one of my favorite places in WDW.

I also linked my Disneyland vlog below, I think the crowd here will really like it. I have been a Disney fan my entire life and only ever went to WDW. Gives a cool insight into my first experience there.

Thanks guys!

Shy - LMK if I should post this somewhere else.

Online shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
Re: Tom's Trip Vlogs/Reports
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2018, 03:21 PM »
Did you ride Pirates of the Caribbean? Because "ours" blows "yours" out of the water. But I agree, WDW Splash Mountain is the best.
Browse the Best of the Workshop at the Planet Coaster Depot

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2018, 02:08 PM »
great vlogs.

Offline cody

• Unlock the magic within!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2018, 04:02 PM »
Awesomeness! I am going back to WDW in September and have Disneyland on my bucketlist. Cool videos!

Offline ImagineerTom

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2018, 04:21 PM »
Quote from: shyguy
Did you ride Pirates of the Caribbean? Because "ours" blows "yours" out of the water. But I agree, WDW Splash Mountain is the best.

It was down for refurb to add the new red head scene. "OUR" pirates is one of my fav rides, I have to go back to DL to ride the original. I've heard great things.

Quote from: wowmanrct
great vlogs.

Thanks! I work pretty hard on them.

Quote from: cody
Awesomeness! I am going back to WDW in September and have Disneyland on my bucketlist. Cool videos!

That's great! Food and wine will just be getting going at Epcot. Should be really fun this year.   :up:
« Last Edit: August 12, 2018, 04:23 PM by ImagineerTom »

Offline Old-Spice

• Custom Content Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2018, 10:16 PM »
Love the Epcot one. Don't normally watch full blogs but they are a perfect length. Nice job

Offline ImagineerTom

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2018, 11:23 AM »
Love the Epcot one. Don't normally watch full blogs but they are a perfect length. Nice job

Thanks, Spice! That was actually one of the reasons I started making these. I got a little frustrated with the 30 minute walking tours that were on YouTube and I always liked making videos as a kid.

Made a new one this week. Just kinda goofed around the World Showcase with my friends.

Offline ImagineerTom

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2018, 11:01 AM »
Shy's posts about the main street vehicles in the Disney Parks sub-forums inspired me. I really do love main street a lot.

Check out the new video if you want!

Online JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2018, 06:06 PM »
I'm enjoying your vlogs, Tom. :up: The Main Street lady (castmember, I assume) is a riot. And I could tell you were enjoying her spiel as well. Keep 'em coming.

Offline ImagineerTom

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2018, 05:03 PM »
^ Bea Starr is absolutely a riot. She was entertaining people all afternoon. It was awesome!

Offline cody

• Unlock the magic within!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2018, 09:18 PM »
Great videos! They definitely help me when I am “homesick.”  :D

Offline ImagineerTom

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2018, 08:02 PM »
Thanks, glad you feel that way! I ran over to food and wine this evening and quickly edited a vlog. Not as serious as the other ones but I think it's pretty good. :)

Offline wabigbear

• Gringo en Brasil
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2018, 04:52 AM »
Great vlog Tom.  We'll be there again in early November before it ends.  Try the pão do queijo at the Brazil booth...it's what I have with coffee all the time!

BTW, we're going to Disneyland also in early November for the first time, I'm hoping the park is as manageable as it seemed to be in much of your vlog!  We avoid Orlando each year during the high season, but even the shoulder seasons have gotten pretty crowded.

Offline ImagineerTom

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2018, 10:19 AM »
Great vlog Tom.  We'll be there again in early November before it ends.  Try the pão do queijo at the Brazil booth...it's what I have with coffee all the time!

BTW, we're going to Disneyland also in early November for the first time, I'm hoping the park is as manageable as it seemed to be in much of your vlog!  We avoid Orlando each year during the high season, but even the shoulder seasons have gotten pretty crowded.

Disneyland was very manageable. We got there maybe an hour after opening and still did everything we wanted to. I suspect if you were there at rope drop it would be an absolute breeze.

I do have to try all the booths this year, but my girlfriend is obsessed with food and wine so I'm trying to hold off on trying everything until she gets down here. :)

Thanks for the kind words, Wagi.  :mad:up: