• View Profile
Disneyland Paris : Dreams! Firework show
« on: August 15, 2018, 02:18 PM »

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
Re: Disneyland Paris : Dreams! Firework show
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2018, 02:27 PM »
That was a nice little fireworks show. It's always nice to see members post these shows. I've never even attempted to do one myself.

The park also looks very pretty at night.
Browse the Best of the Workshop at the Planet Coaster Depot

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2018, 02:52 PM »
@Skyvador:  Very nice show!  When I was very little back in the 60s, I lived not far from the original Disneyland and my parents frequently took me to watch the nightly fireworks, sitting on top of the old station wagon in the parking lot without going into the  actual park at all.  Your show here brings back many memories ;)

BTW, I also enjoyed trying to understand the announcer when he was speaking actual French from France, as opposed to Cajun "French" from Louisiana.  I'm much better at Cajun French than French French and there are huge differences between them in pronunciation, grammar, and vocabulary.  I have great difficulty making myself understood to French tourists who come to Louisiana looking for long-lost cousins.  Thus, your video was good practice for me ;)

@Shyguy:  It's not hard to make fireworks shows, although you can keep adding complexity until it becomes difficult :).  The main thing is, you have to devote the time to learning what each type of pyrotechnic does and how long they last (on average) between launch and burst(s) (if they actually burst).  Then experimenting with the colors for each stage of flight.  Once you have that down, then it's just a matter of piling them up and triggering them with a display sequencer.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2018, 02:56 PM by Bullethead »
-Bullethead
NIHIL INIQVIVS QVAM ÆQVITATEM NIMIS INTENDERE
My Steam Workshop page

Offline cody

• Unlock the magic within!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2018, 05:49 PM »
You make Planet Coaster shine in all aspects. I can only imagine the amount of work it took to use the display sequencer. I tried to use it and found it to be a little bit difficult. Your show looked realistic and really achieved what I feel was the soul purpose of the fireworks in Planet Coaster. Well done!

Offline Skyvador

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2018, 02:20 AM »
You make Planet Coaster shine in all aspects. I can only imagine the amount of work it took to use the display sequencer. I tried to use it and found it to be a little bit difficult. Your show looked realistic and really achieved what I feel was the soul purpose of the fireworks in Planet Coaster. Well done!

It's one month of work with around 3 hours every night, we did not see it well, but their is a watershow sync with the fireworks in front of the castle!

Thx Bullethead! it still a pain to use the in game tool specially with  no visual time frame
« Last Edit: August 16, 2018, 02:22 AM by Skyvador »