Coastangea: Jalkirk Island

• 11 replies

Offline 89James89

• Fantasy for the win!
    • View Profile
Coastangea: Jalkirk Island
« on: August 15, 2018, 04:06 PM »
Jalkirk Island

Found by some very lost and very drunk Sky Fishers, Jalkirk Island is a pretty odd place to behold. Seemingly centred around a giant snail with a pretzel as its shell, this island may or may not hold some sort of significance with the religion or worship of a long lost culture.

Fortunately or unfortunately for the Sky Fishers, they couldn't care less. Having woken up on the island to find both an old but still functional coaster and the several nearby Sky Fish flocks they were more than happy to let the giant snail thing continue being a giant snail thing whilst they built there homes around it.

Welcome to Jalkirk Island!

Now a bustling and lively fishing port housing three coasters (got to satisfy the coaster gods and get the good harvests!) Jalkirk is a happy go lucky place where everyone is pretty laid back, even becoming a small tourist hotspot for people like us to come and question the beliefs of its long lost snail worshipping residents. Anyway, I've been coming back for a while now, being unfortunate enough to have been on the drunken voyage in the first place (despite having no interest in fishing, its weird where betting on a crab and thimble can get you) and have seen this place grow, so my plan is to give you a bit of a tour of the place.

For now though, whilst I get my notes in order, here are a few of the random holographic plates I have of the place at the beginning.

So three we have a first look at my very WIP park. Really enjoying the project so far and have plenty of ideas for other islands after this one. Coaster and building wise it isn't at all realistic but that's never bothered me before so lets just go with it! As for the actual park I'm trying to get it done using as few pieces as possible oh and yes, that is a giant pretzel shaped snail shell with a Elvis quiff. Discord is a odd pace sometimes......

Feel free to run away quickly, try and figure out what's going on, question my sanity comment and criticize all you want!

Cheers

89James89

EDIT: Hey guys just wanted to say that if you do like the buildings in the park they can all be downloaded from my workshop page (link in my sig). Please let me know if there is something you'd like as a blueprint that's not on my workshop and I'll do what I can to get it up there.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2018, 04:32 AM by 89James89 »

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
Re: Coastangea: Jalkirk Island
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2018, 06:29 PM »
Elvis snail pretzels?!?!?!?!?  Mmmmmmmm, TASTY!  Please excuse me if I eat your park :).

This is weirdness after my own heart.  Charge on through the bounds between worlds, never minding those between convention and unconventional.  I greatly look forward to more, seeing as I seem to have nothing but empty snail shells left on my plate now  :up:
-Bullethead
NIHIL INIQVIVS QVAM ÆQVITATEM NIMIS INTENDERE
My Steam Workshop page

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2018, 09:14 PM »
this is one crazy a$$ (but really cool) looking park. Very unique.

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2018, 09:40 PM »
I love the random/anything goes style of the buildings. It fits the random/anything goes shape of the island. :up:

Offline 89James89

• Fantasy for the win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2018, 04:02 AM »
Replies:

Spoiler (hover to show)

Entry 2: Jalkirk Island harbour:

So were back again this time to focus on the area that your greeted with as you come off the ship, boat or whatever you came here on. Quite a bustling little place with lots of buildings around and the Squid Sorter where for a small price you can spun around on a bucket or something, I'm not all that sure I don't really like flat rides. Other things around the area include the secret winch (shhh don't tell anyone about the painfully obviously winch!), a real dodgy looking cabin for when you really have to go and some shops and amenities (for when you can actually wait a little bit). Enjoy these stills of the place!

Oh and yes that is my ship. I like to be modest when I travel around these places!

So, till next time I hope you like these new looks at the place!

Also, I managed to sneak a look at all the plans for a lot of this stuff so if your interested int he ride skin or any of the houses check out my workshop!

Cheers

89James89

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2018, 03:08 PM »
Ha! 'Squid Sorter.' The name describes it perfectly; squid-shapes gondolas, goes round-n-round: what else would you call it? I'm liking the whimsical nature of this park more and more. :up:

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2018, 11:01 PM »
I love the crazy look of this park. It almost reminds me of the kind of towns you might see in a game like Final Fantasy. (Or maybe I've been playing too much FF lately)
Browse the Best of the Workshop at the Planet Coaster Depot

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2018, 10:36 AM »
That little town area has a great sort of cartoony quaintness in keeping with the overall look of the landscape snail thingy ;).

"Squid Sorter" is a better name than "Plasmodium".  I called a Whirly Rig that once because the buckets look like the phase of the malaria parasite's life cycle where it sexually reproduces in your liver :)
-Bullethead
NIHIL INIQVIVS QVAM ÆQVITATEM NIMIS INTENDERE
My Steam Workshop page

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2018, 01:01 PM »
that town also almost has a feel from the Popeye movie look of Sweetwater (I think that was the town name)

« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2018, 01:17 PM »
This park is insane and weird and soooooooooo freaking cool!!!!!! I love it!!!!
I think like I live like I work like I love.....voluminous and disjointed. Get used to it.

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2018, 02:18 PM »
To wowman- The name of the Popeye town was Sweethaven. And yes, that's what crossed my mind as well when I saw the slipshod nature of Coastangea for the first time. 89James89, you're doing a great job with this. And your verbal banter matches the look of the park. :up:

« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2018, 03:31 PM »
To wowman- The name of the Popeye town was Sweethaven. And yes, that's what crossed my mind as well when I saw the slipshod nature of Coastangea for the first time. 89James89, you're doing a great job with this. And your verbal banter matches the look of the park. :up:
Doh - Sweethaven...and I consider myself good at trivia. big red X for me!!!!