"Walk on the wild side" Themepark [Work in Progress]

• 25 replies

Offline Supernovae

• Cellebrating Creating
    • View Profile
"Walk on the wild side" Themepark [Work in Progress]
« on: August 21, 2018, 03:02 PM »
Hi there all!

I'm new here. Altough I allready reading in here for a couple of months. I'm Supernovae, also known as Bdeheus78 on YT and PC forum.
almost 40 year old man with full time job, lovely girlfriend and a son in the age of 8. Member of the "Coaster Heroes" and ECC staff member Benelux. Hardly time to play but I like to clear my mind, and doing that best by creating themepark related stuff in a 3D setting.

A year ago I put a big dot behind RCT3 and started my first project in Planet Coaster. It became "Walk on the wild side" Themepark. Now one year in progres so I have to catch up with some of you. I would like to share the progres of the park in this community so I will post a short pre history to catch up. There after it will be WIP that will be updated once in a while.

So! Welcome to "Walk on the wild side" Themepark.

First the troubles of the park: It has no proper entrance area yet. Honestly I got no idea in what theme to put it in yet so I made a proper gate. At least you known you walk in to something you paid for.

Behind the gate there is a Train station building that is house of the "Iron horse" Railroads.

From another corner.

Side view.

Inside view.

Back view.

The first year the park started with the usual suspects. Merry-go-round, bumpercars, circus loop, balloon carousel, swing mill, and as attention magnet we put down "the Cube"

Then the second year "Walk on the wild side" Themepark brought the public a real high-rated coaster. It would be named after the park: "Walk on the wild side" The ride. It's a Custom designed RMC type coaster. It contains 3 inversions, has 5 blocks and operates with 3 trains. The coaster is High populair with your park guests, so make proper room for the que line when downloding from steam.

Please find below the full onride of the ride.

Here the pictures of the ride during the train it's journey.

Thanks for your attention and see you the next update.
On paper we have the best team of the world! It's a pitty we don't play on paper...

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
Re: "Walk on the wild side" Themepark [Work in Progress]
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2018, 08:40 PM »
Welcome to SGW!  That's a really nice park.  I really like the train station design, it's almost a city in itself.  And the landscaping and gardening are spot-on.

The RMC coaster is very fun and I quite enjoyed the POV video.  It's very exciting the way you have its elements arranged in the hillside.  The one nit to pick with it is that there are a couple of places where the iron cross ties part the hair of the riders.  This is a common issue with hybrid coasters in this game.  I don't know if turning off supports for those sections and building custom gap-fillers would work as the iron cross ties often remain anyway.  But otherwise, it's an excellent coaster!
-Bullethead
NIHIL INIQVIVS QVAM ÆQVITATEM NIMIS INTENDERE
My Steam Workshop page

Offline Supernovae

• Cellebrating Creating
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2018, 04:10 AM »
Thanks Bullethead :)

The third season of "Wotws" will be start with the opening of "Suicidal" A huge swing mill that will be add to the thrill factor of the park.

The second new ride for the season will be "Overload". A classic Top Spin.

The 4th year of operations will add the Wooden coaster "Boulderdash" and a kiddy carousel named "Witch hunt"

For full onride find link here:

Here the pictures of the 2nd coaster of "Walk on the wild side" Themepark.

Station Boulderdash

First Drop

twisted Camelback

And here some pictures of the "Witch hunt" Carousel

Thanks for your time and attention.
See you all on the next update :)

On paper we have the best team of the world! It's a pitty we don't play on paper...

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2018, 05:39 AM »
great looking coaster and scenery all around it

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2018, 06:40 AM »
Supernovae, I KNEW the name of this park sounded familiar but I couldn't remember why until I saw one of the giant dinosaur heads in the backround here.  Yeah, I saw that part of this park on the official forum, where you use another name.

There are a lot of folks here who don't read the official forum (except for bug reports) so they've never seen the fantastic dinosaur dirt sculptures you made in the beginning of this park.  Please post a few pics of that (and the video links) for the folks here, whom I'm sure would be as amazed by them as I still am (besides, I'd like to see them again) ;).

Anyway, Boulder Dash is ANOTHER great ride I very much enjoyed.  Again, excellent pacing and blending it into the fascinating terrain.  And I like how the Suicidal swings over both it and the train track.  Speaking of trains, is this the same train that goes around the dinosaur coaster?  The one that you made the full-length custom bridge and roadbed for?
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

Offline Supernovae

• Cellebrating Creating
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2018, 12:57 PM »
Thanks WowmanRCT and Bullethead :)

Be patient Bullethead ;) I'm now updating from the start off, to the present day. "Walk on the Wild side" The ride and Boulderdash are project number I and II in the history of the Wotws themepark. You certainly have an eye for the detail. I was trying to angle all my pictures so the other projects would not be visible yet. I missed to check out just one image and you spot him  ;D

Well shall I go one with update number 3 to speed thing up than  ;)

for the 5th year of operations "Wotws" Themepark presents "Iron Stomach" The 3rd coaster of the park. This time we bought us a Gerslauer Eurofighter with custom design. Couldn't do anything about the ugly over 90 degrees drop as it is standard in PC on this type of coaster. It is operating with 3 trains and has no midcourse brake to keep the rides speed on interesting levels. Unfortunately it will not help the capacity of the ride. The ride has an over 90 degrees drop + 5 inversions and is set in to the green mid area of the park.

Please find here the on ride of Iron Stomach.

Here you find some photoshots of the new marble of "Wotws" Themepark.

Thank you for the allready warm welcome here at SGW. :)

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2018, 04:26 PM »
Ah, I see, you built the park from back to front and are now telling the story from front to back.  OK, I'll quit spoiling things :)

Anyway, I also enjoyed Iron Stomach.  In fact, I didn't find it nauseating at all, just good clean fun.  BTW, I see a bit of that 100% custom roadbed train in 4th pic.  I'm still amazed at how much of a pain that must have been to build.
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2018, 05:32 PM »
I love the terraforming in this park, and those waterfalls look spectacular! Great themeing, great landscaping, and great coasters! A very warm welcome to SGW. :)
Browse the Best of the Workshop at the Planet Coaster Depot

Offline Supernovae

• Cellebrating Creating
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2018, 12:29 PM »
Thank you Sir's :)

We are writing down year 6 of the history of "Walk on the wild side" Themepark.
So far so good. The coasters are beyond popular and the park attendance is about the 7000 peeps average.

Time to think about the less brave visitors and the small ones. The park needs a kiddo coaster very badly to serve all guest well.
So we bought a small but fast junior coaster called "Dragon Fury" It is located next to "Iron Stomach" in the green centre of the park.
The setting is a dragons hole / cave with dragon and some firing effects to play with it for the first time. Can make a whole story around it but for me it's just the kiddy coaster that the parks needs and no big project.

For moving pictures click below:

After the peak season "Walk on the wild side" themepark, started the ground works on Project 5 and 6. The will open in year 7 and 8 in the same area. The Rolling River will open the first but as the two projects will cross each other Project 6 has to be build in the same period.
Project 6 will be a RMC T-rex tracked coaster of great proportions.

Construction Pictures tells more:

Hope to have been entertaining you all! see you all next update :)

Offline Supernovae

• Cellebrating Creating
    • View Profile
Re: "Walk on the wild side" Themepark [WIP]
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2018, 02:58 PM »
The 7th season we opened "Rolling River" a Rapid ride in a Western setting.
This ride is the first I started use the triggers on bigger scale. They are all there at some point. Fire, explotions, animatronics and water effects.

Here the presentation of "The Rolling river"

Area view of the ride it's location

We start in a Western village.

Gonging towards an abonned Silvermine

Waterfall

Backstreet gunfight

After the cave lift the river runs higher in the mountains

A series of drops follow

The end splash.

Shops

I want to finish off today with a promo clip of "Walk on the wild side" Themepark. See how the park comes alive in this promo (It won't disappoint  B) )

Thank you all for your attention. See you soon with Project 5b.  ;)

« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2018, 05:16 PM »
Great looking ride. It fits in the landscape really well...and nice job on all the scenery builds/placements

« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2018, 05:18 PM »
BTW - a great recap video as well

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2018, 07:08 PM »
Ah, finally, some teases of the dead dinosaurs ;).  I enjoyed the recap video, too.

My only suggestion would be to add some boulders embedded in the tunnel walls and the dragon coaster station cave.  With maybe some moss and/or water drips.  That would help break up the constant terrain walls.  Also, you could paint it with a more lumpy terrain texture.
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

Offline xRBz

• Comeback baby!
    • View Profile
    • richardblok.com
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2018, 03:17 PM »
Wow! That terrain sculpted dino is amazing!

Offline Supernovae

• Cellebrating Creating
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2018, 09:57 AM »
Thank you all for the compliments.

@ Bullethead, The Dragon coaster will be under review somewhere in the future. I gave the Predator area the first choise to put all attention on.

Anyhow the story continues. Season 8 is started but "Predator" is not ready yet to open for the public. Never the less there is a plan 5B. The "Octopus Rodeo" It's a Roctopus in a Western style Arena.

Also opening is the "Rodeonaut Lab" Some experimental trainig device

The work continues on "Predator" as the area has to be made ready and needs infastructure. So the same year "Wotws" Themepark builds a second railway station.

"Predator" station (right) Railway station (left)

"Predator" Station

A nice shot

See you all back soon :)     

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2018, 03:19 PM »
That Rocktopus ride skin is fantastic!  Love the roof!
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

Offline Supernovae

• Cellebrating Creating
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2018, 10:56 AM »
Thanks again Bullethead   B)

The progress has been made. The "Predator Valley" has been finished and can be opened right at the start of season 9 of "Walk on the wild side" Themepark.

Proudly we present you: "Predator" The ride!

For full off and on-ride choose below

For short on-ride choose below

For coaster blue print:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1362226072

For Predator Valley park download:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1489416902

And here the final pictures op the "Predator Valley"

In the meanwhile I have upgraded the train station of the Predator Valley with a transfer bridge to change locs or cars.

So, with one project still to come we are almost up to date with the park situation the present day. Next update... The Vintage area.

Steam workshop link: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1464404455

And a new recap video of the park :)

Thanks again for your time. I see you back soon! 
« Last Edit: September 05, 2018, 11:06 AM by Supernovae »

« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2018, 12:49 PM »
Groovin on that ATM building......very cool. This is a fun and funky park. Can't wait to explore it in person.
I think like I live like I work like I love.....voluminous and disjointed. Get used to it.

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2018, 07:09 PM »
This looks even better now than it did originally, which is an amazing accomplishment in itself ;).  The dirt sculpting here is still my favorite part, though.  I really appreciate it when folks exploit what's possible with that.  I wish more people did ;)
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

Offline Supernovae

• Cellebrating Creating
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2018, 11:41 AM »
Thanks for your compliments both.  :)

I'm sorry Bullethead. Then the vintage pack came and I start to build an experiment that would roll out in a good way. So the next chapter will be building a Vintage park Centre. So this will be less dirt sculpting than the Predator valley project. It will come back later, don't worry. I have some ideas in stock.

Technicaly: I had to set back the park visitors maximum to 4000 as we got now a slight change in lagging. Since then the game runs as smooth as ever.

History: Then in the 10th season "Walk on the wild side" Themepark builded on a new park center right behind the park entrance rail station. It will be a vintage styled pier section with 2 coasters and 3 flatrides. The first ride will be "Flying Turns". A wooden bobsled coaster in vintage style. I tried to choose the best match with the Efteling colour pallet as possible as I want it to have an authenic look instead of circus.

So here is the new coaster of season 10. "Flying Turns!" wooden bobsled coaster!

And here are the pictures of the first steps with a new section of the park.

Station and coaster during construction

Thanks all again for your support and attention.
Have a creative day  :D

« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2018, 01:19 PM »
 :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:
I think like I live like I work like I love.....voluminous and disjointed. Get used to it.

« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2018, 03:52 PM »
great ride and coaster station

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2018, 04:22 PM »
That station is a thing of beauty and the coaster itself is quite fun.  But I wish you'd take a pic of it from behind now, before you hide it with scenery, so we can have a better idea of the track layout :)
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2018, 11:04 PM »
The station is beautiful! The muted colors keep it from looking gaudy, while at the same time, give it an exciting, whimsical, and elegant look. :up:

Offline Supernovae

• Cellebrating Creating
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2018, 11:46 AM »
Wow! Thank you all  B)

here is your layout shot Bullethead  ;)

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2018, 02:18 PM »
Nifty layout.  That ascending helix is a nice touch.  Don't think I've ever seen one on this type of coaster before.
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page