Offline Supernovae

• Celebrating creating
    • View Profile
    • Supernovae Productions
Re: "Walk on the wild side" Themepark [Work in Progress]
« Reply #60 on: April 27, 2019, 04:29 AM »
Hello everybody!

Time for a big update.
I took a serious look to the pillars that have sunk in to the castle and are now not visible anymore and deleted them for "scenery items count" sake.

The last scene of "Judgment day" the "Heaven or Hell" Carousel has been finished and covered up by the mountain surface.

Hell's Gate:

Heaven's Gate:

In the entrance center hall I deleted the arcs as they counted for 2,5 K scenery items each.
Instead I came with some other interior what will not kill the frame rate.  :sweat:

Situation before:

Situation after:

New tower building:

And a total of the project at this moment:

Park in general:

I added the Flying Island ride to the park. (Still to be decorated at the moment).
Here some shots of the park from the Flying Island:

See you all next update.
Thanks for your attention  B)
On paper we have the best team of the world! It's a pitty we don't play on paper...

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 27, 2019, 01:15 PM »
I haven't visited this park for a while. Love all the new additions. You have a very unique and creative style. I had to look closely at that Heaven's Gate screenshot. At first I thought it was a billboard, as it didn't look like something built in Planet Coaster. The way you put it together, with the clouds and forced perspective, was just brilliant.
Browse the Best of the Workshop at the Planet Coaster Depot

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 27, 2019, 01:48 PM »
shyguy commented on Heaven's Gate, so I'll go the other direction- I like how the 'tracks' going into Hell's Gate just end in mid-air, sending you tumbling into the burning Abyss (maybe).

That glowing dinosaur skeleton is taking a bite out of your new tower building. ;)  And the next shot (total of the project at this moment) looks beautiful and other-worldly.

Offline cody

• Unlock the magic within!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 27, 2019, 05:20 PM »
This is a very interesting theme park. The attractions truly do look wild!

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 28, 2019, 03:19 AM »
Wow, you were really busy while I was away.  I had a lot of catching up to do.

That "Project 8" building is fantastic!  I really, really like what you did there.  It was very interesting watching it evolve and change in the interests of part count, and I'm glad to see that you managed to retain the awesomeness of the original concept despite massively paring down the number of parts.  Excellent work!
-Bullethead
NIHIL INIQVIVS QVAM ÆQVITATEM NIMIS INTENDERE
My Steam Workshop page

Offline PatrikV

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 28, 2019, 07:45 PM »
Well you really think big, but when i look at the buildings you also don't forget the details. I really like the landscape and the planting between the coasters, good job!

Offline Supernovae

• Celebrating creating
    • View Profile
    • Supernovae Productions
« Reply #66 on: April 29, 2019, 01:49 PM »
I haven't visited this park for a while. Love all the new additions. You have a very unique and creative style. I had to look closely at that Heaven's Gate screenshot. At first I thought it was a billboard, as it didn't look like something built in Planet Coaster. The way you put it together, with the clouds and forced perspective, was just brilliant.

Wow Sir Shyguy,  :blush: Considering the hours of creation and inspiration you personally gave me my second youth while building with your content and CS packs for RCT3. I take this as a huge compliment.   B) Hope I keep up with the expectations  :sweat: ;)

shyguy commented on Heaven's Gate, so I'll go the other direction- I like how the 'tracks' going into Hell's Gate just end in mid-air, sending you tumbling into the burning Abyss (maybe).

That glowing dinosaur skeleton is taking a bite out of your new tower building. ;)  And the next shot (total of the project at this moment) looks beautiful and other-worldly.

Thank you JB  B) I'm still searching a way how I can make the edge between the rails make less straight. I really should start feeding the Skeletons as they seem to start eat my buildings I think  ;D

This is a very interesting theme park. The attractions truly do look wild!

Thank you Cody  :)
So far my ideas keep on coming. Hope to hold that inspiration trough out the whole park map.   

Wow, you were really busy while I was away.  I had a lot of catching up to do.

That "Project 8" building is fantastic!  I really, really like what you did there.  It was very interesting watching it evolve and change in the interests of part count, and I'm glad to see that you managed to retain the awesomeness of the original concept despite massively paring down the number of parts.  Excellent work!

Thank you Sir Bullethead  :)

Yeah I saw you working on some other kick ass project on your channel  :o

I felt "Wowman's" reaction was one to take serious when the project grew bigger in my head. As I still want this park to grow bigger I should start think about items pieces. I want to keep the big organic pillars so the others had to go to keep the game playable.

A first I tried to find the limits of my system. After some 180.000 + rest of the park I think I found it.  ;D Then I came with the idea to make it a single standing project and take it out of the park. I found out soon enough that I or had to delete the hole park around it and make a new save or scale down on piece usage. Besides, for making a blueprint I have to blow everything still in 160 pieces.  :n00b:

Well you really think big, but when i look at the buildings you also don't forget the details. I really like the landscape and the planting between the coasters, good job!

Thank you PatrikV  :)

Well for now I'm mostly building things I made up allready in the RCT3 area. It only wasn't possible to achieve it with. But the ideas grew bigger with the years passing. With Planco it is worth the try now. And to be honest... this game is not disappointing so far.

Thank you all for your feedback. Wow It is almost overwhelming  B)
And inspirating as well  :)

More will come soon  ;)

« Last Edit: April 29, 2019, 01:57 PM by Supernovae »
On paper we have the best team of the world! It's a pitty we don't play on paper...

Offline Supernovae

• Celebrating creating
    • View Profile
    • Supernovae Productions
« Reply #67 on: May 12, 2019, 01:25 PM »
Hi there  :)

Small update from me tonight. Got a few pics to share about the developments at the right wing of the central castle.

2nd stage is nearly completed

Total overview

Futher more I like to take you on a ride at my "Flying Island" It is not open yet for the public. It's a good opportunity to show the landscape of this park.

Thanks again all of you for your attention. See you all back on my next update.  B)

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 12, 2019, 02:26 PM »
I like the 'Total overview' screenshot showing the entire ride/castle. It gives us a good look at how everything fits together. I keep forgetting that this sits on a huge 'island' surrounded by clouds. (Or mist. The mists of Time, perhaps? I know, I'm going too deep again. :P) And that ominous looking black cloud looks- ominous... and black... and cloud-like. :D

Offline Supernovae

• Celebrating creating
    • View Profile
    • Supernovae Productions
« Reply #69 on: May 26, 2019, 11:54 AM »
Thanks for your support JB  :)

That cloud will be explaind later in the project  ;)

While I am building this "Judgement day" ride I took screenshots during the whole proces so far. I put them togheter combined with a nice tune and some live moving pictures of the project. Enjoy this timelapse video of the "Judgement Day" project  B)

The first Castle tower is sort of finishing up. Here the latest progres on this ride.

The view from the "Entrance railstation passing brigde"

View from "Vintage Village"

Almost done

To top it of for now.  :)

Thanks for your attention. See you all soon  B)

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 26, 2019, 02:30 PM »
The video does a good job showing the progress so far, Supernovae. I like how the castle seems to be a melding of the organic style you've used in this area, plus a more traditional look. For instance, the lighting of the castle is more traditional, less eerie than the other structures here. I don't know if it's intentional but the castle looks a lot like a wedding cake (as do my castles). All it needs is the bride and groom standing on top under the arches. :D  Still waiting on the black cloud explanation. :mad:up:

Offline Supernovae

• Celebrating creating
    • View Profile
    • Supernovae Productions
« Reply #71 on: May 27, 2019, 09:31 AM »
Oké than. The black cloud is part of the judgement day Experience. You need to die to get in the position of being judged. The cloud will release a tremendous lightning strike that will kill everyone on board. And then your judgement will begin 😉

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 27, 2019, 02:51 PM »
Ooh, we all die! Sounds like fun! :P

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 28, 2019, 01:05 PM »
Now that's my type of build video, just hitting the high points and showing the various stages, in a digestibly short duration, instead of 1/2 hour of every single part. :)

Anyway, as to the actual content, I'm very glad you posted that video as it shows more of how awesome this project is than do the screenshots.  It's simply amazing, like the rest of the park.  And I shudder to think of how many parts just 1 column of the castle has, let alone all the SFX needed to make a moat full of smoke  :o  You could maybe cut down a bit on the smoke SFX by using some of the really wide, colorable fog SFX ?  I dunno.

So, the idea is, the peeps die and get judged.  Getting hit by lightning is usually a sign the gods are displeased so I'm not expecting a happy ending to the ride   B)  And given the huge dinosaur skeletons draped over the hills in the background, it seems likely that prior populations have already been judged and found wanting.  Your gods seem quite harsh, just the way I like them  :D
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

Offline Supernovae

• Celebrating creating
    • View Profile
    • Supernovae Productions
« Reply #74 on: June 08, 2019, 02:06 PM »
Now that's my type of build video, just hitting the high points and showing the various stages, in a digestibly short duration, instead of 1/2 hour of every single part. :)

Thank you for that feedback. I try different approaches to make videos as this park is a good use to record good offride material.

Anyway, as to the actual content, I'm very glad you posted that video as it shows more of how awesome this project is than do the screenshots.  It's simply amazing, like the rest of the park.  And I shudder to think of how many parts just 1 column of the castle has, let alone all the SFX needed to make a moat full of smoke  :o  You could maybe cut down a bit on the smoke SFX by using some of the really wide, colorable fog SFX ?  I dunno.

As you will see in the next featured pictures I have seriously brought down the item usage.
I replaced all columns with new ones excising out of 32 pieces instead of 680 pieces.
The total project has brought down to 19.000 instead of 56.000 plus expansion.

So, the idea is, the peeps die and get judged.  Getting hit by lightning is usually a sign the gods are displeased so I'm not expecting a happy ending to the ride   B)  And given the huge dinosaur skeletons draped over the hills in the background, it seems likely that prior populations have already been judged and found wanting.  Your gods seem quite harsh, just the way I like them  :D

Well so far so good ;) They are harsh, but they are Justified and Ancient ;)

Now it's time to go in to a new face of Judgementday ride. The interior and effects fine tuning. So here is a short video of improving the first special effect on the ride. The electrocution of the guests.

I removed the dark constant cloud to find a good solution on that view blocking effect.
So I start to work with the colorble smoke effect starting from a window out of the Castle, traveling trough the sky to the 2nd Portal tower to release a deadening thunderbolt that will send them on their "judgement day"

Here you can see how the finetuning of the effect took place in a 5 attempt recap video + night bonus shot on for night showcase  ;)

Have a inspired life :)

« Last Edit: June 08, 2019, 02:11 PM by Supernovae »

Offline Supernovae

• Celebrating creating
    • View Profile
    • Supernovae Productions
« Reply #75 on: June 13, 2019, 05:47 AM »
Hi everybody,

Today not an update on the Judgementday Ride. This time I'm offering a piece off "Wotws" themepark as parkdownload from my Steam workshop.

I created a Park download of the "Predator valley" for everyone interested to walk trough this "Wild site" area by them selves. Included are: The Predator coaster, Rolling River (Rapid), Octopus Rodeo Arena and the Rodeonaut Lab.

Link: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1753764976

Visual:

Enjoy your stay @ Walk on the wild side - Predator Valley!   

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 16, 2019, 06:20 AM »
That growing black cloud that then shoots lighting looks SSSOOOOO Evil!  I love it ;)
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

Offline Supernovae

• Celebrating creating
    • View Profile
    • Supernovae Productions
« Reply #77 on: July 05, 2019, 12:18 PM »
Thank you Bullethead. It is a effect that worked out very well in my opinion  :)

A lot have been done the last few weeks on the Judgment Day journey it self. the first Video screens have been installed and there are some more to follow. I have started with the first afterworld you will be shown. To make sure what your position is here we start with "Hell"

Pictures will give you a better idea and I will explain them one by one.   

This exact moment...., you die!

Some explanation what just happend and what will be the procedure.

Welcome to Hell; The "worst" chamber.

Specially for the worst of creatures. Stuck on a pole in the lava. The first 1000 years you will only feel the pain but will not be affected. Then you will turn in to a living skeleton. Your mind and pain are still there for another 2000 years. After 3000 years you end up in an cage to bake for eternity. Your soul is gone...     

The "Disposables" 

The place all the #ssh#l#s, waist of oxygen and space end up. Gone in a blink of the eye. No more time waist on. Done!

I did manage to keep the objects count to still on 19.000. I replaced two big centre hall roofs with an better object so it is now made out of less than 80 pieces instead of the 478 wooden beams that it was.

New views of the total area:

New roof outside

New roof inside

Some building shots of Hell:

The "Worst" Chamber.

The "disposables" Chamber.

To leave you today with some areal shots and night shots.

Thank you all for your attention :)

« Last Edit: July 05, 2019, 12:53 PM by Supernovae »

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 05, 2019, 04:33 PM »
Wow, Supernovae. These are some truly magnificent and terrifying images. :o  As I scrolled down, I thought "this one is my favorite image". Then I come to the next, and now that one is my favorite; and so on. You had my attention at the first shot: "This exact moment...., you die!". The 'Worst' chamber is absolutely depressing (that's a good thing. ;))

Quote: "The first 1000 years you will only feel the pain but will not be affected. Then you will turn in to a living skeleton. Your mind and pain are still there for another 2000 years. After 3000 years you end up in an cage to bake for eternity. Your soul is gone..."

You seem to possess a lot of knowledge about the Burning Pits of Hell. Do you know something we don't know? :P  That spiral ramp leading down to the pit of 'Disposables" looks like an elaborate theatrical set; maybe from some opera. Very iconic.

But ultimately, my favorite screenshot is the daytime overview showing this area and the rest of the park in hazy silhouette. Lots of depth, lots of detail.

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 06, 2019, 05:36 AM »
Wow, that's a great rendition of Hell.  I can smell the tangy aroma of BBQed souls from here ;).
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

Offline Supernovae

• Celebrating creating
    • View Profile
    • Supernovae Productions
« Reply #80 on: July 21, 2019, 11:28 AM »
Thanks JB and Bullethead!

I'm not having any knowledge at all. I just imagine the worst place you can end up at the end of the journey. That worked out well to come to some horrible ideas  :whistling:

Now the progress in the Park:

Scenery items reducing: I deleted the fences of wooden beams trough out my whole park. Too many items to demarcate off the paths edges for both sides.
Also the que line area of "Wotws the ride" I have totally redesigned that landscape and deleted out the hundreds of bushes used to demarcate of the que edges.

Judgment day the ride: The roof over "the Hell" scene has been closed now and a start has been made for the "Something" scene for people that belief in "something"

As I expect to be busy enough up till the end of September with building this ride I just made a first view inside video of the 5 scenes I declared ready.
1st scene "the journey starts",
2nd scene "you die",
3rd scene "the procedure explained",
4th scene "Take a last view",
5th scene "The Hell"
sub scene "the worst"
sub scene "the disposables"

Enjoy your journey.

Technical: I learned some trick to restore the frame rate while recording footage from Planco. That trick managed me to record a 4K - 60fps onride video of "Predator" in night setting instead of the earlier released video with a barely 20fps.

This is the first test case I made with the new procedure. So I would like your feed back on it if you also experience a better frame rate and higher quality of video content.

Thanks again for your attention  B)

Offline Supernovae

• Celebrating creating
    • View Profile
    • Supernovae Productions
« Reply #81 on: August 25, 2019, 11:16 AM »
As I'm now in my holiday and camping season (sun, beach and family quality time) I did not have much done on W.o.t.W.S themepark. Not much to show on "Judgmentday the Ride" as the most work been done is undergrounds. My plan for "something" is not working out very well so I have to "Mcguiver" some solutions. The original idea was to make an underground space section with star panels and screens that would show some heavenly bodies and Hubble pictures. With no natural light those screens ended up still black and to light them out destroys the effect of merge them in to the star panels on the background. I need to come up with some other approach to get it done.

I'm still trying to get the items use down as I really want to deliver a full park map download for W.o.t.W.S. themepark. Ideas for a "Dutch medieval" area, "Chinatown" and "Pirate cove" are still pending to be introduced to the themepark.

Total park map so far:

What has been done for this update:

I managed to finish up the light plan for "Walk on the wild side" The ride.
The ride is now fully ready for night time park openings.

W.o.t.W.S. the ride @ night

Here the new ride experience in 40/60 fps recording:

Also the park has reached it's 2nd years of building anniversary so I made a total new promo for the park with the new recording method to get the lagging out and put in all the new rides including the vintage village "Flying Turns" and not yet shown before "Manic Mouse" coaster. Of course with the uptempo "The Iron Horse" that is the official W.o.t.W.S. themepark tune. Hope you enjoy it as it took 3 full days of recording in 0,25 game speed and edditing it back to 1.0 speed took another day extra :o

See you all back soon when I leave the beach  B)

« Last Edit: August 25, 2019, 11:19 AM by Supernovae »

« Reply #82 on: August 25, 2019, 01:42 PM »
Wow - great looking park and really nice recap video. Very energetic and fun to watch. Well edited.
THX for sharing this.

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 25, 2019, 02:14 PM »
I think your time and effort was well spent on the video. :)  I had forgotten about some of the other interesting and beautiful creations in WotWS. But not the giant incandescent dinosaur skeletons, nobody could forget those. :D

Offline Supernovae

• Celebrating creating
    • View Profile
    • Supernovae Productions
« Reply #84 on: September 22, 2019, 02:34 PM »
Thanks Wowmanrct and JB for the feedback on the park promo video.  B)
The dino's are the horizon trade mark of the park for sure.  :D

So now the summer season is ending the work on Wotws Themepark itself has been picked up again. First I started with "Iron Stomach" to light up for evening openings and was the last of the big coasters to get a light plan.

Wotws the Ride and Predator from another view.

Made a new waiting line area for Wotws the Ride.

Iron Stomach dive loop.

Some nice view.

Total overview

Total overview

Inside the Island of Judgmentday I'm working on the next chapter of the story.
The "something" part of the ride. For everyone who has been good and believe in something. Your creator will give you a look behind the fabrics of space it self. you can pick your own pixel there and reincarnate.

I started to make some Space panels for the ride.

Big and small ones

Gassy ones.

In practice panel

In practice panel

In practice panel

:whistling:

Pick here your pixel. Every single one is a galaxy on it own. Retry life and be reseeded in the pixel by choice.

Some building shots

And that is the work done I can show up till this moment.
Hope you like it  B)     

Offline Supernovae

• Celebrating creating
    • View Profile
    • Supernovae Productions
« Reply #85 on: November 03, 2019, 08:05 AM »
Let it go... Let it go.....

I jumped of the ready by Halloween schedule. To many details to be finished yet and it would harm the final outcome of the project. Quality above Quantity I prefer.

A lot of problems with frame rate to solve and I have to come with a better idea for the use of smoke nuzzles to create a heavenly atmosphere in the Heaven section.

Well heaven now is a place on earth. Or better: A place on "Walk on the wild side"

Let me show some pictures.

Up to the sky!

Inside the mountain after the fabrics of space section you will be elevated trough the stairs of heaven to the heaven itself.

Welcome to Heaven.

some forced prospective in the back ground.

The "heavenly coaster"

Coaster station

View inside of heaven before it will be closed and hidden in the mountain.

In this last shot I deleted the smoke nozzles as they create an 1 fps on-ride experience. Instead I made the ground white and put some floodlights just under the surface. The visual outcome is not that good as with the smoke but it is reasonable enough to keep on going.

Well that's about it for the moment. The heaven will be finished in the coming weeks. Inside triggers screens and other effects optimization will be next. Than still have to finish the exterior of the whole project. This could be an early 2020 ride if I have to estimate.

Thanks for your attention. Any feedback, tips, trick or advise on fps improvement is welcome at the moment  ;)     

Offline Plokoon111

• Darkride Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 03, 2019, 08:33 AM »
I just love that secret cave hidden paradise vibe you got going on!

« Reply #87 on: November 04, 2019, 06:56 AM »
cool idea - very creative