• 116 replies

Offline Supernovae

• Celebrating creating
    • View Profile
    • Supernovae Productions
Re: "Walk on the wild side" Themepark [Work in Progress]
« Reply #90 on: February 08, 2020, 01:15 PM »
Hello Shy friends,  :)

Short update but finally the first real result of "Judgment day" The ride. The "Heavens Coaster" has just had its soft opening and can be considered finished.

"Heavens Coaster" is both an official ride and part of the scenery of "Judgment Day" The darkride in the "heaven" section of the attraction. Through an entrance hidden in Judgment Day" visitors can walk through the "heaven". This gives the darkride an experience that the "heaven" has been populated for some time.

Images say more. Below the "soft opening"

"Judgment Day" itself is now in phase of the final points of the scenery of the ride itself. In the meantime I have also started building the central castle part on the outside. I will need a full month for this. After that, the effects and triggers can be fine-tuned and so start gently with the first recordings for the presentation.

As I now estimate, "Judgment Day" can be opened in the spring with the opening of the new season of "Walk on the wild side" Theme Park.

Until the next update!
On paper we have the best team of the world! It's a pitty we don't play on paper...

Offline Supernovae

• Celebrating creating
    • View Profile
    • Supernovae Productions
« Reply #91 on: March 11, 2020, 04:23 PM »
Hi there all,

Small update here on the progress of "Judgmentday".

The first volunteers have made the journey. (outcome can not be shared due to privacy reasons :whistling: )

The engine of the "fabrics of space and time" is in place

The Castle has doubled in size

Night settings

construction of the main castle tower has started.

Slowly but certainly the project comes to completion.  :)
On paper we have the best team of the world! It's a pitty we don't play on paper...

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 11, 2020, 09:55 PM »
A beautiful and interesting shot of the engine of the "fabrics of space and time". And the colors of the castle at night are wonderful. :)

« Reply #93 on: March 12, 2020, 06:13 AM »
So much creativity in all this... I agree with JB about the night lighting on the castle, just beautiful.

The shape and detail on the original castle was very good...  anxious now to see what the addition will do to the silhouette

Offline RCT D!

• Creator of Grimestone Mine - The VAULT - Periculum
    • View Profile
    • RCT D! - YouTube Channel
« Reply #94 on: April 14, 2020, 07:13 AM »
This is a clever and nice idea. I love the engine, looks so nice!

Offline Supernovae

• Celebrating creating
    • View Profile
    • Supernovae Productions
« Reply #95 on: May 06, 2020, 02:28 PM »
A beautiful and interesting shot of the engine of the "fabrics of space and time". And the colors of the castle at night are wonderful. :)

Thank you JB!

So much creativity in all this... I agree with JB about the night lighting on the castle, just beautiful.

The shape and detail on the original castle was very good...  anxious now to see what the addition will do to the silhouette
Thank you JPAlmighT! It will make the old tower a substitute building ;)  you'll see.

This is a clever and nice idea. I love the engine, looks so nice!

Well RCT D, it was a long way of trying, overthinking and still I have some challenges to overcome in the darkride part. But thanks for the compliments :)

So, How is Judgmentday doing at the moment: Very well actually!
The main castle is about to be finished. I made a photo series at sunrise, day,night and sunset of the new caste tower.

And another screen of the total overview

Now it is mostly building of the exterior and on the interior I have to do the fine tuning of the triggers, Still it is a lot but l will keep building patiently.

Thanks you for your comments.    :)
sorry for my late reply  :-[

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 07, 2020, 04:11 PM »
The colorful nighttime pics of the castle are beautiful, Supernovae. The castle looks like it's lit from within, shining through translucent walls.

Offline Supernovae

• Celebrating creating
    • View Profile
    • Supernovae Productions
« Reply #97 on: May 11, 2020, 12:17 PM »
The colorful nighttime pics of the castle are beautiful, Supernovae. The castle looks like it's lit from within, shining through translucent walls.

Thank you JB. :) Well you are right! For the most part the light spots are mostly placed behind the towers walls shining from inside out. 

Offline Supernovae

• Celebrating creating
    • View Profile
    • Supernovae Productions
« Reply #98 on: July 11, 2020, 10:21 AM »
Well finally a milestone reached! The front of Judgmentday can be announced finished!

Working now my way around to the left wing of the castle. Still a lot of building to be done to close and decorate the backside. Landscaping around the whole area and the final detailing will still take some time. I really miscalculated the time I need to finish the exterior of the castle. So I stop to make any expectations on deadlines as it works against creativity and it give some pressure that causes building blocks in my head.

I decided that Judgmentday will be finished when announced finished  :-[
It works better for me.

So how is the project showing now?

Please find my latest screenshots below:

The front in daylight glory

The front in night glory

Still a lot of landscaping and building to do

Some views from out of the park

Topdown view

New mainstreet view on Judgmentday Castle

Total overview of "Walk on the wild side" Themepark

Leaving you with the hope you liked this update on "Walk on the wild side" Project.
Hope to see you around soon again for the final last improvements I can show.

The end is near  B)

Offline cody

• Unlock the magic within!
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 11, 2020, 12:18 PM »
Incredibly detailed and beautiful lighting! I am amazed at the castle because the colors are vibrant only making the guests attracted to it. Well done!

Offline hhnman234

• RCT3 Forever and Always.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 11, 2020, 12:20 PM »
This is incredible! I love all the different colors and the architecture! Nice work!

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 11, 2020, 01:31 PM »
I can't decide which I like better: the castle during the day, with all it's intricate texture and subtle color. Or the castle at night, brilliantly lit. No need to choose, I like both!

Offline Plokoon111

• Darkride Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 11, 2020, 01:49 PM »
That castle is just breathtaking mate! Love how its lit up! Must have taken forever!

Offline RCT D!

• Creator of Grimestone Mine - The VAULT - Periculum
    • View Profile
    • RCT D! - YouTube Channel
« Reply #103 on: July 21, 2020, 05:08 PM »
The castle is huge and detailed, the placement is superb. The view upon the big castle is amazing. It´s very colorful and vivid. But I don´t like the illumination at night. It´s a way too bright and colorful in my opinion looks overexposed.

Offline Supernovae

• Celebrating creating
    • View Profile
    • Supernovae Productions
« Reply #104 on: September 04, 2020, 05:03 PM »
Incredibly detailed and beautiful lighting! I am amazed at the castle because the colors are vibrant only making the guests attracted to it. Well done!

Thank you Cody! The hours I spend on it. I'm glad you like it.

This is incredible! I love all the different colors and the architecture! Nice work!

Thank you hhnman234! it is actually only 4 colors I used. Only some torch lights create a pinkish glow. For the dome roof I made an exception with 2 x gold and 2 x yellow.

That castle is just breathtaking mate! Love how its lit up! Must have taken forever!

Thank you Plokoon111! Well it took from late February 2019 till end of September. :)

I can't decide which I like better: the castle during the day, with all it's intricate texture and subtle color. Or the castle at night, brilliantly lit. No need to choose, I like both!

Thank you JB! Your comments are always good building mood food :)

The castle is huge and detailed, the placement is superb. The view upon the big castle is amazing. It's very colorful and vivid. But I don't like the illumination at night. It's a way too bright and colorful in my opinion looks overexposed.

Thank you RCT D! The placing is an point of view camera trick. I choose my angles carefully. There are some gaps in the park still between Judgmentday and predator valley that have to be filled up. The light plan is not yet in final configuration. Before I shoot the official opening and full on-ride. I will fine tune them in a last round around the castle.

Well thank you all so much for your lovely comments  :blush:

Oke I made some progress at the moment worthfull to show I hope.

The future on Walk on the wild side themepark:

After the opening of Judgment I will start with finishing the park. That means no end yet but a dot somewhere on the horizon. As long my system runs it still pretty well.

Next season we will open a Mine train vekoma rollercoaster as an extention of the Predator Valley area.
This winter we will open the "One night in Bangkok" area. Finally the flying Island will open to the public.
After that the park will finish the second fase of the Vintage pier area.

The next fase will closing the gaps in the maps. Relay the Iron horse Railways, put in the cable chair final configuration and put in the hotels and restaurants. Then I'm going to put an end to it and make it available to every one who likes to play around with it, with room to expend.  :w00t:

Now Judgment day:

The castle is almost fully 360 degrees round complete. Area 50% complete. I've been starting making test recordings for the park campain on Judgmentday. This is the kick off video for Halloween 2020 opening campain.
Hope you like it!

Here I've got some screens from the area.

New shops at the entrance area.

Top down view daylight.

At night.

Some nice angle.

Night view with Flying Island

Sunrise  B)

Some nice angle at night

Judgmentday the ride. Halloween 2020

It's going to be a Halloween presentation. I need a 6 weeks of building off and fine tuning, recording and editing and we can move on to the next project finally. :)

Thanks again for your attention. I hope to have entertained you well  ;)

And thank you for all your support over here.  :up:   

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: September 04, 2020, 05:52 PM »
Wow, the castle looks great at ALL times of the day and night! Excellent camera angles, too. Looking forward to all the upcoming projects in Walk on the Wild Side. :)

« Reply #106 on: September 04, 2020, 05:57 PM »
That castle looks absolutely phenomenal but holy moly, that lighting is on a different level!!  :o :drool:

Offline Supernovae

• Celebrating creating
    • View Profile
    • Supernovae Productions
« Reply #107 on: October 23, 2020, 02:24 PM »
Wow, the castle looks great at ALL times of the day and night! Excellent camera angles, too. Looking forward to all the upcoming projects in Walk on the Wild Side. :)
Thank you JB. The Wilde side goes on for a while :)

That castle looks absolutely phenomenal but holy moly, that lighting is on a different level!!  :o :drool:
doctorcoaster; Phenomenal wow thanks! :blush:

Well I can leave my cave! Finally!  :D  Judgmentday is ready! well the most of the exterior. But the darkride it self is totally ready   :up:

We are now at an incredible 83K+ pieces and 80% exterior is finished.

proof:

So it's official! Judgmentday the ride opened it gates tonight at the start of the Halloween 2020 season.

Judgmentday is a message to the every single soul out there in the world. The question here is, are you ready when it hits you now... Would I end up where I want to end up. What if Judgmentday is real...?

I proudly announce here the full on ride of "Judgmentday" the ride!  B)

Hope to be entertainyou soon again :)
And hope you like the idea behind it  :blush:

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 23, 2020, 03:39 PM »
Very nice (and scary!), Supernovae. I have to say, the most memorable part was the Hell sequence, with the burning souls and the 'disposables' tumbling to their demise. I like how, at the end, we think we're going to Hell, but then we're given a second chance. :sweat:

Offline Supernovae

• Celebrating creating
    • View Profile
    • Supernovae Productions
« Reply #109 on: December 23, 2020, 10:31 AM »
Thank you JB,

As a dad I know you have to give a second chance now and then  :D

Well after a week of quarantine we are released (all 3 of us tested positive for Covid)
So we can leave that behind us just before holidays are starting.

Now further on the project.

So I'm landed at a turn point with "Walk on the wild side" Themepark and forced to make a decision soon as building is almost becoming impossible due to the lagging. Also making new videos is getting problematic. As soon Judgment day is coming in sight the frame rate drops terrible and unworkable to make good quality on-rides.

So I came up with the idea of a divorce. Yes divorces are always painfull but some time it makes things better.
As I still have plenty ideas for "Walk on the wild side" themepark and also "Judgmentday" I will separate both from each other. That is the only way to extend both lives on the forums. "Judgmentday" will go on as a Halloween themed park on it's own. "Walk on the wild side" will continue as it did before Judgmentday was added. Landscape and rough themes will continue to rise in the park. "One night in Bangkok", "Vintage Pier", "Medieval Dutch" and a "Dutch overseas Colony" are the first areas that will be build in the coming year(s)

I will first upgrade the park with restaurants instead of the single shops. And lift it to a Resort status by building hotels to the park.

So here the last pictures of the both together  :'(

Well it is going to take me some days to get the divorce done so next update in the new year!

Thanks for all your kind words and support over this remarkable year. Please stay save, stay healthy, and keep calm for the year 2021.             

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 23, 2020, 04:05 PM »
How frightening about testing positive with Covid. I hope you and your family are doing well.

I really like the contrast between the natural-looking, glowing white dinos and the colorful, highly detailed castle. That last image (which is beautiful) looks like something you would see on a 3,000 piece jigsaw puzzle. :)

Offline Germs

• Respectable Punk
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: December 29, 2020, 09:11 PM »
I'm getting over COVID myself right now, best of luck to you.

Ambition and the game's limitations will always be at odds, you managed something impressive with this project though. I hope that each park can continue to get this incredible treatment of creativity on their own.

Offline Baneif

• Roads ? Where we're going we don't need... roads !
    • View Profile
    • Turtle Bay Video Series
« Reply #112 on: December 30, 2020, 02:41 AM »
There are a lot of original and interesting ideas here. It's a really amazing and detailed job. And of course a great architecture job !

Offline Supernovae

• Celebrating creating
    • View Profile
    • Supernovae Productions
« Reply #113 on: February 01, 2021, 01:51 PM »
How frightening about testing positive with Covid. I hope you and your family are doing well.

I really like the contrast between the natural-looking, glowing white dinos and the colorful, highly detailed castle. That last image (which is beautiful) looks like something you would see on a 3,000 piece jigsaw puzzle. :)

Thank you JB. We all recovered fine from Covid. Coaster Iris took the hardest hit and Junior and I did not got any symtoms.

The Jigsaw puzzle is a great idea! Some one produced this for me allready for my birthday B)

I'm getting over COVID myself right now, best of luck to you.

Ambition and the game's limitations will always be at odds, you managed something impressive with this project though. I hope that each park can continue to get this incredible treatment of creativity on their own.

Thanks Germs, hope you recovered well in the meanwhile. Thanks for your compliments. Well ideas I have enough. Time I have less unfortunate. Both worlds will pop up once in a while.  :)

There are a lot of original and interesting ideas here. It's a really amazing and detailed job. And of course a great architecture job !

Thanks Baneif! It was a hell of a job but I had the chance to build something from out of my brain in to something visual for everyone. This game engine gives so many oppertunities.

-
For the moment no new changes are been made on "Walk on the wild side". I will make a rank move next month  at my job so need to focus on that. I will make a bigger parksave available around next week. For now I will take a break and will fool around with Kerbal and CS. I will return to you  B)

Offline Supernovae

• Celebrating creating
    • View Profile
    • Supernovae Productions
« Reply #114 on: February 10, 2021, 01:05 PM »
Hi dear members!

As promised in previous post. I created a parksave for "Walk on the wild side" Themepark.

"Walk on the wild side" Thempark available on steam! I kept out the wip projects incl. Judgmentday the ride and Manic Mouse coaster, but all others are there! Sorry... PC only. Walk it, Play it, review it on your channel. Hope you have fun with it! 😎🧐

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2390846270

For any reference here the pictures for what to expect.
See you all i a couple of months  B)

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 10, 2021, 03:58 PM »
Wonderful screenshots. :)  I'd sorta forgotten about some of the areas of the park; but not the glowing dinos, nobody can forget them.

Offline Baneif

• Roads ? Where we're going we don't need... roads !
    • View Profile
    • Turtle Bay Video Series
« Reply #116 on: February 22, 2021, 12:21 PM »
The lighting work is incredible ! What a nice park  :up: