Centerville Amusement Park-First Beginnings

• 4 replies

Offline Knight Rider

• One man can make a difference.
    • View Profile
Centerville Amusement Park-First Beginnings
« on: August 22, 2018, 05:34 PM »
Hey everybody! here is my newest Park Project in the works. This one will hopefully have a good story to it so please tell me what you think!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                    Centerville Amusement Park
                               August 20th, 2008-First Beginnings

Hello and welcome one and all to the pre-grand opening of Centerville Park! This is a park that the North Georgia Mountains have desprately needed for many years. My name is George Ware and I am the Park Manager. For 2 years I have been working with The Knight Industries Theme Park Corporation in getting funding for this project. As we all know, big corporations need to know that their investment in projects such as this have to bring in good money. I guaranteed them that the North Georgia Mountains is one of the top tourist economies in the area and that many hundreds of people come around for most of the year. After these years of meetings and planning, the funds were approved and construction was able to begin! After a 8 months of construction, we have this little mini park. Unfortunately, I was given a low budget and had to work within that budget. They want to "test the waters" before going bigger. Here are the current plans for the project.

Once the company can see money going up for the park, they will eventually grant a little more money for the project to continue. So for now I have to work with the money I have and any money possibly donated and/or invested by other people, businesses, etc. Well I feel I did a lot of talking so here are some pictures of the park.

With an entrance like this, its pretty obvious that the company gave me a low budget, but hopefully we can prove to them that this park will work!

This is our food court area. It's not much. Hopefully we can eventually get a nice plaza for all kinds of food and drinks.

This is our one major coaster we have here. The legend of Bigfoot is popular here in this area so we figured we name it Bigfoot. I was able to convince the company to let me get some kind of roller coaster here so they are reasonable to a point.

And these are our 2 flat rides we have. Should be enough for now for those who want a thrill and something for our younger folk here.

It's almost opening day! Here's to hoping it works!

#knightrider #centervilleamusementpark #northgeorgiamountains

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
Re: Centerville Amusement Park-First Beginnings
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2018, 03:38 PM »
Looks like you're off to a good start.  I look forward to more.  Also, nice tin roof on the food court.  Those particular tin awning pieces are difficult to position nicely like that due to their axes not lining up with the movement arrow handles.
-Bullethead
NIHIL INIQVIVS QVAM ÆQVITATEM NIMIS INTENDERE
My Steam Workshop page

Offline cody

• Unlock the magic within!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2018, 09:54 AM »
This is a lot better than anything I would make in Planet Coaster! I love the small town theme park feel, it is something that really gives a project a story and really develops into something spectacular. You are off to an excellent start!

Offline Knight Rider

• One man can make a difference.
    • View Profile
Centerville Amusement Park-Opening Day!
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2018, 03:31 PM »
Looks like you're off to a good start.  I look forward to more.  Also, nice tin roof on the food court.  Those particular tin awning pieces are difficult to position nicely like that due to their axes not lining up with the movement arrow handles.
Thanks!

This is a lot better than anything I would make in Planet Coaster! I love the small town theme park feel, it is something that really gives a project a story and really develops into something spectacular. You are off to an excellent start!
Thanks!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                                                            August 28, 2008-Opening Day!

Yes! Opening day is here! I hope everything runs well today! The burgers are cooking and the rides are running!

The first cars are here!

Our parking area has a good amount of visitors!

The park is open! The guests our crowding in!

Our first Bigfoot rider is excited to ride!

Our guests love the little food court area.

So far there haven't been any problems. We did have one though. We couldn't barely get anybody on Bigfoot except for the one rider. We looked into the problem and it turns out the price for the ride had a glitch in it making people think that the ride was super expensive to ride. We fixed the issue and people crammed into the line! Other than that one issue, the day has been pretty successful! Here is a video giving a glimpse into the day along with a POV of Bigfoot!

Well it's closing time and there are still a lot of people in the park. Sorry everybody closing time!

I say this has been quite an awesome and successful day! Many guests seemed to enjoy the park despite how small it is. Hopefully this will be enough proof to our investors that this park is destined for success! Any donations from any fellow investors out there are welcome as well!

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2018, 08:26 PM »
I like how one of your gate guards has is in dressy casual, as if he's a mafia enforcer.  Just the sight of him will tend to intimidate potential trouble-makers ;)

Bigfoot is a fun ride (I think Looney Turns is one of the best coasters in the game as it's so versatile and allows kids).  This is a good coaster in most respects.  You might want to build a couple of custom supports in the few areas where the stock supports didn't appear, leaving long, unsupported spans.  The main issue, though, is that hairpin turn with the steep outside bank.  I bet if you look at the vertical G heatmap, it would show really excessive negative Gs there, like in the neck-breaking, red-out range, because the coaster is moving at such high speed going into it.  You really might want either to change it to inside banking (it'll still be very high Gs but at least in the positive direction), widen the turn radius a bit (with inside banking) or substantially (with outside banking), or keep it an outside bank on a tight turn but have the track climb significantly going into it so when the negative Gs hit, the coaster is way slower.

I really like the overall look of the park but you might consider spiffing it up a bit.  One thing that I find helpful is to break up monochrome areas both on walls and on the ground.  On the ground, maybe outline the parks with thin borders of a dark terrain paint, then randomly spray very light, medium-size patches of some non-grass textures all over the monochrome grass.  On big monochrome walls, just add a few surface detail parts to break up the surface.  Wall trim parts, more windows, awnings over shopfronts, lights mounted on the walls, that sort of thing.  A little bit goes a long way.

-Bullethead
NIHIL INIQVIVS QVAM ÆQVITATEM NIMIS INTENDERE
My Steam Workshop page