« on: November 17, 2019, 09:12 AM »
Somewhere on Oahu...

« Last Edit: November 17, 2019, 09:13 AM by JPAlmighT »

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
Re: Expo City 2.0
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2019, 08:48 PM »
Oahu? That's different. :)   Looks like you already have the entire park built. :o  I love all the colorful neon and interesting shapes. Looks like a cross between Tokyo and the Emerald City of Oz.

Offline Plokoon111

• Darkride Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2019, 03:46 AM »
Very Blade Runner like! Very intrigued!

Expo City 2.0 11.20.19
« Reply #3 on: Yesterday at 06:38 AM »
Oahu? That's different. :)   Looks like you already have the entire park built. :o  I love all the colorful neon and interesting shapes. Looks like a cross between Tokyo and the Emerald City of Oz.

The Hawaiian locale doesn't factor in too heavily...  I mostly went with it because this is the map with the city in the background and that was the vibe I felt (never been there myself :(  ).   I figured it would also give me a chance to play with some landscaping that I don't get to do very much in my midwest parks.  :)  As far as the construction status, NOTHING is remotely finished, just the basics to frame a screenshot.  Definitely a reason that the lights are off and you're only seeing it from one angle :)

Very Blade Runner like! Very intrigued!

The Blade Runner comparison makes me happy... the first version of this was kind of all over the place and I really want to reign that all in to focus on the cyberpunk aspect. 

------------

The concept here as mentioned above, is a much more concise and cohesive version of what I tried a couple years ago.  If you followed that thread, you'll probably be happy to know this version is NOT adult-only and you won't have to see photos of dispensaries, strip clubs, tattoo parlors, etc.  Having said that, the attractions so far still seem rather extreme but I'm blaming Frontier for the lack of kiddie rides.  :)

I'm not repeating any tracked attractions, so no Flash Gordon, Buck Rogers, Xtropolis coasters.  Maybe the rapids ride at some point but if so I'll try and mix it up a bit.   A few structures have been imported but I'm also trying to change them as I go too.

It's hard to know where to begin since everything is still WIP and anything I post now will change dramatically before I'm done.  But I guess we can zoom in on the city itself to give you an idea of where I'm going...

^^Another thing I'm trying not to do is plop down a bunch of random buildings that serve no purpose.  Everything so far has some level of functionality, and all the tall buildings are tall for a reason.  Because of this it's going to be hard to get much of a skyline out of the project, which is why I'm building a fake "forced perspective" skyline on top of some of the buildings, like what's happening on top of this food court.  From the path view they will hopefully look like they're in the background.

You may recognize the Electric Eye attraction, but this time I [randomly?] put another flat ride in the middle of it, and then I had to figure out how to get the peeps 6 stories up to it.  So the ShyCo building is basically just a giant staircase with some implied elevators.  I did leave that hole in the back facade just in case I decide to weave a coaster through there again eventually.

I kind of like how the Holodome Auditorium exterior is turning out (this would've worked well in my Vegas version.)   This building, along with several others, will have an interior.  Going with Kylie as the featured artist gives me a chance to check off the cyberpunk criteria of having giant billboards of pretty girls in the sky without going too adult with the theme.  I also like the idea of a "virtual residency" where you can see a major artist for free and the artist themself doesn't even have to be there.  Because Kylie is very busy, you know.  She doesn't have time for this nonsense.

[Workshop stuff:  BB's lights will be HEAVILY used in this park.  The Reactor dome is Muserato's large dome that I've used previously, and the pyramid on top of the building behind the Holodome is customized from Bullethead's tetra building.]

Oh, and before I forget...  there is a twist coming up in this project that I'm kind of excited about, hehe.

« Last Edit: Yesterday at 06:44 AM by JPAlmighT »

Online shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Yesterday at 01:14 PM »
Very impressive so far. Another masterpiece in the making. And I like the Shyco building.;)
Browse the Best of the Workshop at the Planet Coaster Depot

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Yesterday at 03:03 PM »
I'm a sucker for neon and colorful lights, so this is right up my alley. And not a hay bale or pumpkin in sight! :D  I'm racking my brain to guess what the 'twist' is going to be. I could name a few but I don't want to ruin it (incase I guess correctly). ;)

Offline planetthrilldude57

• Always on the move
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Yesterday at 03:33 PM »
I gotta say, this is shaping up really nicely! The lighting is perfect and blends into the buildings seamlessly. I'm interested to see where this is headed. Keep up the good work!  :)