Renee Feu Adventure Park - Nepal

• 752 replies

Re: Renee Feu Adventure Park - Port of Call
« Reply #211 on: January 14, 2019, 06:31 AM »
THX!!!

Here is abridged walk-way that goes around the ride on the water side.

This area from above

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: January 14, 2019, 03:34 PM »
That last panorama looks really nice. Love the walkway over the water.
Pretty seedy looking pretzel vendor you've got there. I think he would scare off most of the guests. :P

Offline Nemmie

• View Profile
« Reply #213 on: January 15, 2019, 11:49 AM »
That's a great update. I absolutely love that last shot with the train.

« Reply #214 on: January 16, 2019, 06:13 AM »
THX again guys. I also love that last shot...actually not a panorama, just a cropped normal shot. The train always looks great in captures from the game.

Here are a few night shots of this area

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: January 16, 2019, 05:42 PM »
The lighting here looks much better than at that hideous pagoda ;)
-Bullethead
NIHIL INIQVIVS QVAM ÆQVITATEM NIMIS INTENDERE
My Steam Workshop page

« Reply #216 on: January 18, 2019, 05:56 AM »
THX BH. Like I had mentioned earlier...I noticed that in real life parks the lighting is not all that bright at all...even really dark in places...so I'm trying to go for that feel for now on unless I think more light is needed to be sure you can at least see the details in the screen captures.

Here are a few more night shots

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: January 18, 2019, 07:25 AM »
THX BH. Like I had mentioned earlier...I noticed that in real life parks the lighting is not all that bright at all...even really dark in places...so I'm trying to go for that feel for now on unless I think more light is needed to be sure you can at least see the details in the screen captures.

Yeah, that's true about parks.  When I built the pagoda, though, I was trying to match the night views of Kathmandu.  The Nepalis really light that place up with pole-mounted floodlights all over the squares and big lights on the buildings themselves..  So that pagoda really sticks out in your park due to a culture clash :).  I wouldn't mind at all if you toned down its lights to match its surroundings if you think that would look better.  After all, your park isn't Kathmandu.

Anyway, I really like this whole area of the park and its details.  In that last pic, the pier being all zig-zagged from storm surge is a great touch ;)
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

« Reply #218 on: January 18, 2019, 08:12 AM »
Storm surge...ummmm...ok, I'll go with that. Yes, I did put a lot of thought into putting that great touch in this area.

OK, actually, I was just hugging the shoreline. :)

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: January 18, 2019, 08:58 AM »
OK, actually, I was just hugging the shoreline. :)

Hehehe, well, happy coincidence it's right behind the hurricane ride.  Seriously, if piers aren't totally washed away, they end up all zig-zag like that due to the storm surge moving various pilings different amounts.  Like this:  https://image.advance.net/home/adv-media/width620/img/lehigh_valley_live_-_new_jersey_lvl-nj_sharing_national_desk/photo/2018/09/13/tropical-weather-north-carolina-daee2c27c5aaf5bb.jpg

-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

« Reply #220 on: January 18, 2019, 10:20 AM »
Holy Crap!!!! This park is really turning into something way more beautiful than I had thought....and I already thought it was stunning! Your attention to detail is beyond stellar! I am in need of assistance in picking my jaw up off the floor.
I think like I live like I work like I love.....voluminous and disjointed. Get used to it.

« Reply #221 on: January 18, 2019, 10:44 AM »
Ha. Funny thing is - I obsess over making sure most all surfaces are covered with something. The way I see it is in real life there is no just blank ground in these environments. there is always something, plants, rocks, stuff...not just blank ground. Its almost scary to me sometimes when I see a spot in the game somewhere that hasn't been attended too and it bothers the crap out of me.

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: January 18, 2019, 11:40 AM »
Its almost scary to me sometimes when I see a spot in the game somewhere that hasn't been attended too and it bothers the crap out of me.

I'm the same way.  I can't stand open, monochrome ground.  Even if I have a large, open lawn, I at least airbrush it slightly with different textures over large and small spots just to break up the monotony.  Besides, there's always ant nests, inexplicable dead spots, etc.  If I plan to bury the ground under rocks and bush, then I airbrush it more thoroughly first.  And I really like to use lots of rocks and bushes.  I figure if I put enough of them, that's all people will see and they won't notice my crappy buildings :D
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: January 18, 2019, 02:30 PM »
That last pic looks like the kind of image you would see on a 3,000 piece jigsaw puzzle. The lighting, the colors, the details, the overall busy-ness; yep, looks like a jigsaw puzzle to me. Of course, if it was a puzzle, BH's "hideous" pagoda would be the first thing pieced together, because it's the most eye-catching feature. Followed next by the Hurricane/Scrambler because of its bright blue lighting. I really like this area.

« Reply #224 on: January 18, 2019, 02:33 PM »
LOL

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #225 on: January 18, 2019, 04:59 PM »
Of course, if it was a puzzle, BH's "hideous" pagoda would be the first thing pieced together, because it's the most eye-catching feature.

Yeah.  That's exactly why it's hideous.  Even if its construction met the lowest rung of the quality standards generally expected at SGW, it's just too obvious a target.  It's an ideal reference point for shelling or bombing anything within several miles of it and, as it's the tallest thing in area, the enemy would use it as an observation post so it needs to be flattened on its own merits (but only after marking its location so it can still serve as a reference point after its destruction).   :euro:

Sorry, I'm having flashbacks.  Desert Storm started 28 years ago yesterday.  But old habits are hard to shake.

-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: January 18, 2019, 08:42 PM »
No worries, BH. And thank you for your service... Although, I was just talking about jigsaw puzzles. :P

« Reply #227 on: January 20, 2019, 11:09 AM »
A couple filter shots to close out this area

Post Card...and I have actually put this shot as one of the park posters on the fencing back in the entry plaza.

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: January 20, 2019, 02:59 PM »
Those postcards look great, except for the typo in the 2nd one.

It's Renée, not Renee' :).  The accent is over the 2nd e, not behind the 3rd.  Use the Character Map app in Windows to get the proper spelling.  You can even past those characters into PC signs, like here:  {Renée Feu (Fire) is yours, Renée Fou (Crazy) is mine ;) }

-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

« Reply #229 on: January 20, 2019, 04:33 PM »
that mark has been a mark of controversy sine I started this park

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: January 20, 2019, 09:13 PM »
It's your trademark... get it? :P

« Reply #231 on: January 22, 2019, 06:51 AM »
So after I had this section of the park completed...they came out with the rides pack and I had to add a chair lift in this area. The boarding platforms are actually in the Africa section (to be built next) and end in the Jungles area, but the pass over and through the Port of Call. Here are some shots of the ride as it goes through this area. BTW - I love the look of this ride.

« Last Edit: January 22, 2019, 06:59 AM by wowmanrct »

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: January 22, 2019, 07:13 AM »
That's a good idea :)
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

« Reply #233 on: January 22, 2019, 07:41 AM »
Those postcards look great, except for the typo in the 2nd one.

It's Renée, not Renee' :).  The accent is over the 2nd e, not behind the 3rd.  Use the Character Map app in Windows to get the proper spelling.  You can even past those characters into PC signs, like here:  {Renée Feu (Fire) is yours, Renée Fou (Crazy) is mine ;) }

In game the accent mark, whatever it is called is officially over the last 'e' in Renee. I know technically the tick is after the 'e', but that was the limitations in the font I was using.

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: January 22, 2019, 08:29 AM »
The font doesn't matter, only the character code does.  It works like this (unless you have a European keyboard):

1.  ALT-TAB to deskop

2.  Open the Windows app called Character Map.  This brings up a grid display of all the characters in the world, pages and pages of them.  But the common  ones like vowels with accents (in both directions), hats, and tildes are all at the top of the list and visible when you open the app.

3.  Find the character you need on this grid, for example, the e with the accent going up to the right, and click on it.

4.  Hit the Select button to make this character appear in the box at the bottom of Character Map.

5.  Drag your cursor over this character in the box to highlight it, then hit CTRL-C or the Copy button, either works.

6.  ALT-TAB back into PC (if making a sign) or this forum (if making a post) or your graphics app (if making a postcard).  Put the cursor in the text box there where you need the special character and hit CTRL-V.  The character you selected in Character Map will magically appear at the cursor location :).

Ťĥãť ïş ħŏŵ Ī đíď ţħĩŝ

As to the spelling of "Renée", that's the feminine form of Rene and it means "re-born" or "born again".  The accent goes OVER the 2nd "e", using this character:  é.  It doesn't go between the 2nd and 3rd, or at the end (that would make it an apostrophe, not an accent), and it doesn't go over the 3rd, either (which would misspell the word).

« Last Edit: January 22, 2019, 08:34 AM by Bullethead »
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: January 22, 2019, 04:31 PM »
I have to say, the chairlift does look good in this section of the park. Fits right in. In the first pic, that turn section looks like a giant octopus tentacle. :P

« Reply #236 on: January 23, 2019, 09:07 AM »
I added a poll to help decide on what path type I should use in the Africa section of the park. I really like the way the dirt is looking, but I really hate the stumps that you can't get rid of. Opinion?

Dirt

Stone

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: January 23, 2019, 03:14 PM »
Dirt!  Hide the stumps with bushes and benches.  But I really thought there was a version of natural paths without them, or you could make them without by disabling curbs on ground paths.
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: January 23, 2019, 03:32 PM »
I like the dirt better as well. It's more fitting for an African village setting. Stone would be more practical for a theme park, but we don't always have to be realistic, do we. (I seem to recall seeing rollercoasters and flat rides built next to and into erupting volcanos.) ;)

« Reply #239 on: January 24, 2019, 05:47 AM »
Moving to the last section of the Port of Call.
Workshop items used in this area are:
Sdanwolf's Dutch Trading Company by Sdanwolf
Boat station - adventure rivier by sebastiaan1975
Train car building - Wildlife Express Train Car by Sdanwolf

This area has a larger plaza that leads to a bridge to the SE Asia part of the park. Also walk past the pod of buildings for some shopping and onto the South America part of the park.

Looking down on it...you can also see the boat launch for the Adventure River Orange Line on the far left.