Renee Feu Adventure Park - Nepal

• 758 replies

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
Re: Renee Feu Adventure Park - Port of Call
« Reply #240 on: January 24, 2019, 07:40 AM »
You really have a knack for arranging cool, highly detailed, and very interesting street scenes.  They always make want to go there and see the sights.  I also really like your street lamps.

But I'm worried about how to get to this park.  There are wrecked aircraft all over, wrecked boats, and I'm sure there'll be wrecked vehicles eventually.  So I hope you're building it within walking distance of my house :)
-Bullethead
NIHIL INIQVIVS QVAM ÆQVITATEM NIMIS INTENDERE
My Steam Workshop page

« Reply #241 on: January 24, 2019, 08:15 AM »
Hopefully to alleviate some of your concern...some of the vehicles are carefully placed, not wrecked. :)

« Reply #242 on: January 26, 2019, 06:02 AM »
More from this section. This building does has a working shop inside as well as restrooms. I also placed a few shop items that can be seen from the outside to make it look a bit more real, but the interior is not complete by any means.

Here is the bridge that will lead over to the SE Asia part of the park.

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: January 26, 2019, 12:07 PM »
I like how the vines look like decorative scrollwork on the bridge ;)

What does "Kleding" mean on the sign over the ATM?
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

« Reply #244 on: January 26, 2019, 01:42 PM »
I like how the vines look like decorative scrollwork on the bridge ;)

What does "Kleding" mean on the sign over the ATM?
No clue - that is what was on the blueprint I downloaded. I just left it as is.

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: January 26, 2019, 02:58 PM »
No clue - that is what was on the blueprint I downloaded. I just left it as is.

OK, given your answer, I googled it.  It's Dutch for "clothing", which now that I think about it, should have been obvious :)  Although when I 1st saw that sign, I thought it was Planco for "ka-ching", given that it was over an ATM  :up:
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

« Reply #246 on: January 26, 2019, 08:09 PM »
yea...that ATM was supposed to be more on the side and I even tried moving it behind the door, but I have too many funky path configurations right there and was having trouble. Now that I'm thinking it through more...I think the sign is coming down.

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: January 27, 2019, 05:52 AM »
Now that I'm thinking it through more...I think the sign is coming down.

Or maybe change it to "KAching" to fit its current use while remembering where it came from ;)
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

« Reply #248 on: January 28, 2019, 05:55 AM »
Shopping anyone?

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: January 28, 2019, 07:36 AM »
Nifty cart :).  And I still really like those streetlamps.  What are the shades made of?
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

« Reply #250 on: January 29, 2019, 06:17 AM »
Nifty cart :).  And I still really like those streetlamps.  What are the shades made of?
They are actually from the workshop. part of the The Great Outdoor Lighting Pack made by BBordewyk. I will look up the specific pieces later, but it is the miner/train light as the light, a half globe as the upper dome, some sort of bowl for the lower dome and a music note for the arm that connects up to the post.

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: January 29, 2019, 09:04 AM »
Once again, I am amazed at BB's ingenuity ;)
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

« Reply #252 on: January 30, 2019, 06:08 AM »
Behind this building, along the river, there is a loading dock and the station for the Adventure River boats.

Queue building for the boats

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: January 30, 2019, 06:44 AM »
That's a lot of wheels on the sign :)

Is "Orange Line" one of several colors, like with subways?  Or is it about the Orange River in South Africa?
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

« Reply #254 on: January 30, 2019, 06:56 AM »
One of several. I have 3 different boat lines in this park. Orange, Green and Blue. Each has different routes and destinations. Each also has a color scheme to match the name. That sign was also a blueprint I used and modified slightly.

« Reply #255 on: January 30, 2019, 07:20 AM »
I love the cart selling plushes! Very creative!

Have you opened the park to peeps? Do they actually use the boats as you are intending?

« Reply #256 on: January 30, 2019, 07:49 AM »
yes - I have 600 guest moving around as I build just to continually test stuff like this. Like BH has detailed extensively, I have both types of guests. Some ride to ride, but other do get off to get on other rides I placed in temporary places. Same with the train and chair lift. I think I'm getting a pretty good mix overall. I expect it would work a bit better if I had more at the other stations farther back in the park, but right now I don't.

« Reply #257 on: January 30, 2019, 11:46 AM »
More exquisite beauty. The detail in those last shots is awe inspiring. I'm guessing you put a limit on the number of guests to keep the lag at bay?
I think like I live like I work like I love.....voluminous and disjointed. Get used to it.

« Reply #258 on: January 30, 2019, 11:51 AM »
More exquisite beauty. The detail in those last shots is awe inspiring. I'm guessing you put a limit on the number of guests to keep the lag at bay?
I typically build with a 600 guest max so at least I can still see how they interact. When I do videos and stuff later I crank them up so the park actually looks like its being used.

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: January 30, 2019, 02:01 PM »
One of several. I have 3 different boat lines in this park. Orange, Green and Blue. Each has different routes and destinations. Each also has a color scheme to match the name.

Ah, that's cool.  IIRC from your map, your overall park layout is well-suited to such an arrangement.  Lacking your imagination, I tend to make 2 transport rides circling the park in opposite directions at different radii from the center.

yes - I have 600 guest moving around as I build just to continually test stuff like this. Like BH has detailed extensively, I have both types of guests. Some ride to ride, but other do get off to get on other rides I placed in temporary places. Same with the train and chair lift. I think I'm getting a pretty good mix overall. I expect it would work a bit better if I had more at the other stations farther back in the park, but right now I don't.

I'm beginning to suspect that what Frontier did was pick some arbitrary ride prestige value, which appears to be approximately 600, to be the somewhat fuzzy boundary between riders who want transport and riders who want entertainment.  IOW, if the ride is less than his value, then peeps assume it's just a boring, purely transport ride so you get few entertainment riders, but if it's more than this value, peeps assume it's an entertainment ride so are less likely to ride it for transport even if it's really cheap, but are drawn to it for entertainment like moths to a flame.

The thing to note here is that 600 prestige is chump change.  Only the tamest (as in fear < 3.0) flats can't reach that number at all, only slightly less lame flats can get there with just a bit of work, and everything else far surpasses that number without even trying.  Any transport ride worthy of the name traverses at least 1/2 your map so, unless you put it in a wide, ugly right-of-way where federal, state, and/or local ordinances prohibit anything more than grass (or it's a boat far from shore), it will pass within 12m, without trying, of enough trees, bushes, and rocks, let alone buildings, fountains, fireworks shows, and animatronic dinosaurs fighting while a volcano erupts in the background, to exceed the very low prestige value of 600.

The implication is that as you progress in building a park, what was once a functional transport ride when you only had like 1/8 or so of the map fully developed will ultimately morph into an entertainment-only ride as you add scenery along its track, so that it's NOT in a wide, ugly right-of-way.  And when that happens, virtually every peep will be on for a round trip.  And if you put a station near the park entrance, this highly attractive, family-friendly ride will be the destination of choice of most peeps entering the park, so that nobody will be able to board at any of the other stations despite waiting in the queue for eons.

The only transport ride that isn't hopelessly broken without looking stupid is the chair lift.  These are supposed to be way up high and, when run on high, don't get the prestige benefit from the scenery they pass over, so remain boring enough to be seen only as transport.  You can run everything else up high, too, but it will look stupid.
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

« Reply #260 on: January 30, 2019, 02:13 PM »
if you can make any sense of this spaghetti mess.
here is how the current transport rides support my park.
-Gold is the train, pretty much around the perimeter
-orange boat is around the outside circle of waterways
-green boat is a bit of a U supplying the front of the park
-blue is boats in a small circle in the back of the park
- purple is current chair lift (I will be adding more)

« Reply #261 on: February 01, 2019, 07:28 AM »
THX again for all the comments and feedback.
Lets take a closer look at the boat queue area now.
Here is the outside of the queue building

The load station - btw this Boat station is a slightly modified version a workshop item - adventure rivier by sebastiaan1975

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: February 01, 2019, 06:46 PM »
It all looks great in how intricately you've arranged everything, keeping the clutter level on the cool side--enough to invite exploration, but not so much that it looks dangerous to anybody who's life experiences have NOT made them alert for adverse tactical situations :)

It also raises a philosophical question about scenery design in general, regarding wrecked examples of the vehicles the customers will be riding in.  My own preference for things like jungle boats is to have the station area show the hazards along the way with taxidermied examples of the larger appetites in the river, plus some native weaponry and some broken oars or life preservers with bite marks on them.  This gives the riders the impression that there will be excitement but the hazards can be overcome with a modicum of daring, so as to lure them into a false sense of security.  But then the narration is that a boat has gone missing so the riders are out of rescue its crew.  It's only later in the ride, around the bend from the station, at the height of the crisis with the local wildlife and/or cannibal tribe, that riders see the wrecked boat just like their own, with animatronic victims drowning in whirlpools, being eaten by cocodries, and/or shot full of poison arrows.  This shatters their sense of security and makes them feel grateful to have survived to the end of the ride.

Alternatively, you can show the wrecked boat at the station.  To me, OT1H this might make potential riders say "Nope  The summer-hire kids driving these boats are too stoned to do so safely."  But OTOH, some might see that as a lure and go for it expecting more excitement than the ride might actually offer.

Anyway, that's my take on it.

-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

« Reply #263 on: February 01, 2019, 07:40 PM »
nice take on all this, but in this case the boat is not wrecked, but more in a dry dock being worked on. B)
« Last Edit: February 03, 2019, 12:05 PM by wowmanrct »

« Reply #264 on: February 03, 2019, 12:10 PM »
In the Adventure Boat queue

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: February 03, 2019, 02:35 PM »
Not sure what that rusty target-looking thing is on the left wall in the first pic. Whatever it is, it adds to the overall atmosphere of the queue. :)  I see you've got all the names of Disney's Jungle Cruise boats on the wall there. Do the Adventure Boats have the same names? I like how you used those dangling vines as a partition. :up:

« Reply #266 on: February 03, 2019, 02:38 PM »
Ha - the boats in the game don't have naming capabilities, else I would. That target thingy is a Adventure building piece.

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: February 03, 2019, 02:58 PM »
That target thingy is a Adventure building piece.

Ah, that explains everything..... not... I still don't know what it is. :mad:up: :D  Inquiring minds want to know! Maybe it's some sort of capstan.

« Reply #268 on: February 05, 2019, 06:38 AM »
A few night shots of this area

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: February 05, 2019, 08:53 AM »
I'm a fan of not having everything brightly lit.  Especially for the realism of storm-ravaged 3rd World countries :)
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page