Renee Feu Adventure Park - Africa...The Congo

• 533 replies

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
Re: Renee Feu Adventure Park - Africa...Harambe
« Reply #420 on: April 22, 2019, 01:32 PM »
I love how you go the extra mile by adding things that aren't really necessary but do add greatly to the immersive experience; like, in the first pic, the flower box in the corner of the queue (even though it pokes through the slats in the railing ;)). I like how you covered the base of the Soaring Eagles ride. The original base always looked kinda cheap and temporary to me. Oxidizedlady's Tropical House looks terrific here. In the last screenshot it reminds me of M.C. Escher's "Ascending and Descending" sketch, only yours is in glorious color. :)

« Reply #421 on: April 22, 2019, 04:42 PM »
I love the theme and colors of this park! Keep up the good work :)

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: April 22, 2019, 06:21 PM »
Your use of billboard ground surfaces is awe-inspiring.  And that whole area around the Soaring Eagles fits together quite well.  Controlled chaos.
-Bullethead
NIHIL INIQVIVS QVAM ÆQVITATEM NIMIS INTENDERE
My Steam Workshop page

« Reply #423 on: April 22, 2019, 07:21 PM »
Your use of billboard ground surfaces is awe-inspiring.  And that whole area around the Soaring Eagles fits together quite well.  Controlled chaos.
Not sure if you are talking about the walkways around this current area, but if you are, these are not billboards this time. This painted terrain using the in game terrain colors.

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: April 23, 2019, 04:35 AM »
Not sure if you are talking about the walkways around this current area, but if you are, these are not billboards this time. This painted terrain using the in game terrain colors.

Really?  Well, still looks quite good   :D  So I went back and looked again, and I see that by connecting a "natural" path to a flat, you can make the ride's baseplate invisible to see the ground underneath.  I had no idea.  Thanks for another idea to steal.
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

« Reply #425 on: April 23, 2019, 05:31 AM »
Really?  Well, still looks quite good   :D  So I went back and looked again, and I see that by connecting a "natural" path to a flat, you can make the ride's baseplate invisible to see the ground underneath.  I had no idea.  Thanks for another idea to steal.
yep - and its paintable as well like any natural path or terrain.

« Reply #426 on: April 24, 2019, 06:52 AM »
Taking a step back for a little bit as I finally have the Crocodile Creek videos completed.

Here is a "from above" video ride-through.

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: April 24, 2019, 09:55 PM »
Nice video, wowman. :)  The overhead view really shows off all the crocs. I like how the PC log flume cars take a while to slow down after a drop; The RCT3 logs slow down way too quickly, something that's always bothered me.

« Reply #428 on: April 26, 2019, 05:08 AM »
THX

And Shyguy - I see you gave me a call out on the home page again as well. THX.

« Reply #429 on: April 26, 2019, 05:17 AM »
Here is a POV of Crocodile Creek

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: April 26, 2019, 06:26 AM »
Very nice ride!  The croc animatronics are very nicely done with plenty of jump-scares :).  The overall scenery is gorgeous and it's great how you can see other logs along the way at just the right moments.

A few nits to pick...  In the last part of the river with the crocs, before going up the lift out of there, a swimming croc to the left of the track, which swims parallel with the log, is a bit too high.  For most of the time, his feet are above the water so he looks like he's levitating instead of swimming.  Also, while the lift up the waterfall is a great concept, you might want to reduce the amount of gushers slightly.  Right now its like a firehose in the face for the whole lift and I couldn't hold my breath that long watching the video :).  Besides, you can't see any of the lovely scenery for that time.  Finally, maybe raise the final tunnel roof slightly or it'll get covered with wads of used gum :)
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

« Reply #431 on: April 26, 2019, 06:32 AM »
Very nice ride!  The croc animatronics are very nicely done with plenty of jump-scares :).  The overall scenery is gorgeous and it's great how you can see other logs along the way at just the right moments.

A few nits to pick...  In the last part of the river with the crocs, before going up the lift out of there, a swimming croc to the left of the track, which swims parallel with the log, is a bit too high.  For most of the time, his feet are above the water so he looks like he's levitating instead of swimming.  Also, while the lift up the waterfall is a great concept, you might want to reduce the amount of gushers slightly.  Right now its like a firehose in the face for the whole lift and I couldn't hold my breath that long watching the video :).  Besides, you can't see any of the lovely scenery for that time.  Finally, maybe raise the final tunnel roof slightly or it'll get covered with wads of used gum :)
I know about some of these.
*I keep saying I'm going to go back and fix that croc height, and I just keep forgetting.
*The water climb also isn't perfect. I struggled trying to get the waterfall feel and the drowning my guests mix better, but the water placement parts just wouldn't work right for me. either they were to low or the spout were showing, etc. I really struggle with this in my builds.
*That last tunnel will need to stay gum covered. When I try to thin it out it goes away and I liked the look better with it than without it.

But thanks for the feedback. I will be the first to admit that I am a perfect builder by any means.

I'm actually surprised you didn't call out that the guests in the log change a few time during the ride. I had video recording issues and had to piece together a few record sessions. LOL - have a great day BH

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: April 26, 2019, 02:32 PM »
Another nice video. :)  I like the view of that distant waterfall straight ahead just before the first drop. I also noticed the levitating croc but figured you were already aware of it and either couldn't fix it or were planning to. And as for the guests changing in the log from time to time; I just assumed it was done for the reasons you gave. Have you tried editing out the frames where the game freezes? No biggie, just curious if it's a practical thing to do.

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: April 26, 2019, 05:28 PM »
*The water climb also isn't perfect. I struggled trying to get the waterfall feel and the drowning my guests mix better, but the water placement parts just wouldn't work right for me. either they were to low or the spout were showing, etc. I really struggle with this in my builds.

Some of the water sprays form sort of cones, getting wider farther from the SFX petard.  I put those along the edges of the track so the spraying water forms like a tunnel.  From outside, it looks like the ride goes into a solid mass of water but from inside, it's in a narrow tunnel.  Plenty of getting wet but room to breathe in.  Sometimes, you have to use multiple petards on each step of this, some angled more in and some angled more out, to get the effect you want.

*That last tunnel will need to stay gum covered. When I try to thin it out it goes away and I liked the look better with it than without it.

If that's the case, the only options are either to lower the track or make the tunnel roof thicker.  I guess neither option will work here due to other constraints?

I'm actually surprised you didn't call out that the guests in the log change a few time during the ride. I had video recording issues and had to piece together a few record sessions. LOL

Actually, I thought you did an excellent job of splicing the different clips together in exactly the same place, so unless you were paying close attention, you didn't notice the peeps changed.  So I was giving you props for that :).
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

« Reply #434 on: April 28, 2019, 05:19 PM »
THX guys - I really don't put enough time into some of the details that get by me and somehow always end up being scene in the videos that I rush to capture. THX for the comments as I have a laundry list now of things I needs to go back and fix.
 ::)

Here is a night time ride on Croc Creek

Offline PatrikV

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #435 on: April 28, 2019, 07:02 PM »
Wow this africa area looks great. I love all that details. And the choise of the rides perfectly match the theme. Also i like all this little signs. Some people only make an entrance sign and quit, but you make all this little descriptions everywhere.

« Reply #436 on: April 30, 2019, 07:08 AM »
THX

OK - moving back to looking around the rest of Harambe.

Here is the power grid for this part of the park, (aritario's Electric Pole with Transformers by aritario and Electrical Transformer by Romeo.34)
In the background is the Truck Stop (Jungle Chief Beef Food Truck by Sdanwolf)

I made the faux building in the this shot to hide the queue for the flat ride. the market stall is 'Small Market Stall by mbrady7'

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: April 30, 2019, 01:19 PM »
That tangle of electric wiring really nails the look of photos of 3rd World wiring shown in various "Trust Me I'm an Electrical Engineer" videos on YouTube ;)
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

« Reply #438 on: April 30, 2019, 06:14 PM »
You made an entire building out of billboard photos?  That is freaking brilliant.

« Reply #439 on: April 30, 2019, 08:37 PM »
You made an entire building out of billboard photos?  That is freaking brilliant.
well...not the whole building, but yes one whole side is covered and a few other areas the the other sides.
This is one the workshop. I didn't post the bb photos (yet), but me know if you want them.
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1681720543

« Reply #440 on: May 01, 2019, 02:37 PM »
Here is a closer look at this building, which again serves as a queue cover and sort of ride skin for the Harambe Hupiga (Whirl).

the back courtyard actually holds the ride

Postcard for the ride

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: May 01, 2019, 02:58 PM »
I really like that queue building.  It really fits in well and has that whole cluttered 3rd World look :).

Where'd you get the rusty tin roof on the building next door?
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: May 01, 2019, 03:04 PM »
Excellent colors on the Rock-O-Plane. Very African-y. :)

Re: the queue building- Looks like Harambe has its own version of Times Square's Flatiron Building.

« Reply #443 on: May 01, 2019, 05:32 PM »
I really like that queue building.  It really fits in well and has that whole cluttered 3rd World look :).

Where'd you get the rusty tin roof on the building next door?
TMTK - I will hunt it down and give you the link

« Reply #444 on: May 01, 2019, 05:34 PM »
Excellent colors on the Rock-O-Plane. Very African-y. :)

Re: the queue building- Looks like Harambe has its own version of Times Square's Flatiron Building.
yep - I was thinking the same thing as I was working on that. Basically it was called...fill up the green area between the crazy path system I laid down. LOL.

Offline Berlin87

• CEO of Park Eureka
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: May 02, 2019, 02:22 AM »
Your architecture is some of the finest I've ever seen. I think I like this project even more than your Star Wars land, and that was already something truly special! The intimacy, the "dryness", the sun-bleached African character of it all. Man, does this look stunning!

« Reply #446 on: May 03, 2019, 08:58 AM »
THX - but reminding that some of the buildings are mine, some are direct pulls from the workshop, and some are modified workshop items.

In the back corner of this land is a kids playground area...courtesy of 'Koali Beach - Playground & Bar by Silv'

This whole section of this land

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: May 03, 2019, 02:54 PM »
Did you customize the playground in any way? Because it fits the Harambe style perfectly. :up:

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: May 03, 2019, 04:03 PM »
The colors are so perfect in this park.  You amaze me every time you post something new.

« Reply #449 on: May 03, 2019, 04:45 PM »
Did you customize the playground in any way? Because it fits the Harambe style perfectly. :up:
not really. I moved a few pieces around and deleted a couple to get it to fit better, but that was about it