Renee Feu Adventure Park - Entry Plaza

• 70 replies

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
Re: Renee' Feu Adventure Park - Entry Plaza
« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2018, 05:59 PM »
^Success! (It's about time :mad:up:) The pic turned out really well. The foreground objects (palm tree & lamp post) always make these 3D images especially nice. I like how the security checkpoints trail away from the camera. And how the background palms stand out from the distant hills. :up: Hmm, I just noticed that the 2 halves of your image aren't the same width (left is narrower). How'd that happen? No biggie, but that part of the image won't be in 3D. Still, I like how you arranged the shot to include as many layers as you could. (I would include another *thumbs up* smiley but I already used up my quota. :P)

« Reply #31 on: September 16, 2018, 12:29 PM »
Here is some progress I made on the entry gate to this park. Still working on the ends and some fine details.

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 16, 2018, 05:55 PM »
I really like that façade!  As you might have noticed in the recent contest, I fell in love with the temple parts ;)

I'm just thinking ahead here, but given that you'll have both a tropical jungle area and a Temple of Doom area, are you going to make a rapid transition to some other theme inside the gate so as not to do my thing and overdo a particular theme? :D
« Last Edit: September 16, 2018, 05:57 PM by Bullethead »
-Bullethead
NIHIL INIQVIVS QVAM ÆQVITATEM NIMIS INTENDERE
My Steam Workshop page

« Reply #33 on: September 16, 2018, 08:26 PM »
its going to be mostly adventure, but I will try to be as diverse as I can

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 17, 2018, 04:22 AM »
I meant, is the main plaza just inside the gate going to be like whatever city Renée lives in, as the base from which she sets out on her adventures?

BTW, I believe the façade and thread title have typos.  I think it's "Renée", not Reneé"  :)
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

« Reply #35 on: September 17, 2018, 05:43 AM »
Oh great - now I have to start over. Thanks for pointing out my grammatical errors. Inside the gate is going to be a "port of call" area...which will be a mashup of various styles and things...kind of like a hustling market/central hub to the adventures that await you.

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 17, 2018, 05:47 AM »
Oh great - now I have to start over.

:D  Well, I'd ask somebody who speaks real French, not the maudite patois I'm familiar with, just to be sure ;)
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

Re: Renee Feu Adventure Park - Entry Plaza
« Reply #37 on: September 18, 2018, 11:29 AM »
Here are a few night shots of this area (I haven't fixed the sign yet)

There is a character meet and greet right outside the main gate where guests will be greeted by Renee to her park.

Offline nazmakhan

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 18, 2018, 10:35 PM »
It is a wonderful entrance. The broken part looks very attractive.

« Reply #39 on: September 20, 2018, 07:09 AM »
Here is this whole area at sunset

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 20, 2018, 09:38 AM »
Looks glorious!  I can already imagine the lights from the buildings and coasters that will be behind the entryway.

-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

« Reply #41 on: September 23, 2018, 01:58 PM »
3D shot of the entry plaza

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 23, 2018, 03:04 PM »
Very nice 3D shot, wowman. I stared at it (cross-eyed) for about 2 minutes. There's so much to see and so many layers to see them in. You might want to take a look at the 3D GIF animations I just posted in my RCT3 park and see what you think- maybe try your hand at it if it's something that interests you. :)

« Reply #43 on: September 23, 2018, 06:34 PM »
Very nice 3D shot, wowman. I stared at it (cross-eyed) for about 2 minutes. There's so much to see and so many layers to see them in. You might want to take a look at the 3D GIF animations I just posted in my RCT3 park and see what you think- maybe try your hand at it if it's something that interests you. :)
THX - I really do also like the layers in this one...mostly how the park stuff stands out from the background

« Reply #44 on: September 25, 2018, 07:34 AM »
I added a small refreshment stand on the left side of the entrance gates. Used blueprint Adventure Drink Shop by Kalopsia and added a few elements to it.

That small billboard on the fence will have some sort of advertisement on it, but I haven't created it yet.

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 25, 2018, 08:28 AM »
Who's the guy worshipping the golden phallus idol next to the shop? :D  Or his he just "polishing" it?  :scared:
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

« Reply #46 on: September 25, 2018, 08:34 AM »
Who's the guy worshipping the golden phallus idol next to the shop? :D  Or his he just "polishing" it?  :scared:
nice

« Reply #47 on: September 26, 2018, 11:06 AM »
BTW that 'golden phallus' is hiding a vista point post. LOL

« Reply #48 on: September 26, 2018, 01:05 PM »
Wow! This is really beautiful. I love the atmosphere you are creating here. Is the whole park going to be themed like this or will there be different "lands" so to speak? I'm really looking forward to seeing how this progresses as you're off to an amazing start.
I think like I live like I work like I love.....voluminous and disjointed. Get used to it.

« Reply #49 on: September 26, 2018, 02:20 PM »
Wow! This is really beautiful. I love the atmosphere you are creating here. Is the whole park going to be themed like this or will there be different "lands" so to speak? I'm really looking forward to seeing how this progresses as you're off to an amazing start.
Different lands, but all with an adventure feel. Look back earlier in the thread and the map has all the 'planned' lands.

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 26, 2018, 07:54 PM »
BTW that 'golden phallus' is hiding a vista point post. LOL

So lots of selfies with it :D.  Thing is, though, phallus idols (and their animal stand-ins such as bulls, billygoats, and roosters) are mainstream in much of the world unadulterated by Victorian prudishness.  So, nothing wrong with it ;)
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

« Reply #51 on: September 27, 2018, 05:48 AM »
the other side of the entry plaza had a fence installed, again will add ride posters later once I know what the rides are.

inside, I added an information building, a small fountain and some scenery.
The building was used from the workshop. Aduana de Port Royal by JuananGr

Offline Redhair

• Can't... Stop... Playing...
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 27, 2018, 05:58 AM »
Nice, you're using the space so well!
It's compact, but totally feels ancient.

Maybe also advertise for restaurants? :)

« Reply #53 on: September 30, 2018, 10:05 AM »
A little bit of building behind the scenes. I had placed the train track that will circle the park...but it was too close to this plaza area and to high...so I pushed it back and lowered as low as I could go before it conflicted with the path...had issues making it lower  as when ever I removed the path I couldn't get is back the way I wanted it. So, decided this height was good and would work. There will be station built on the raised track real soon.

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 30, 2018, 06:29 PM »
In my experience, tracks and paths follow different rules.  Track limitations can be turned off (partially) but not path limitations.  The upshot is the following 3 bullet points:

* a station (but not the rest of the track) must have at least 4m clearance above or below any existing path.
* a path must have at least 4m clearance above or below any existing track, and 4m below and 8m above an existing station.
* a track (not the station, just the track) can be placed at any elevation relative to an existing path.

So, if you want tracks making level crossings with paths, or running along main street paths at ground level, you have to make the paths first.  If you also want the station at the same ground-level elevation as the track and paths, you have to leave a space in the path network for the station, so you can put it at ground level.  If you have to change a path at the same elevation as a track, you have to delete the track first, then change the path, then rebuild the track there.

Note that stations have a flat surface bottom that's 2m below the level of the platform.  It's this flat bottom that must be 4m above any existing ground-level path, so the track in the station is 6m above the path.
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

« Reply #55 on: October 02, 2018, 06:09 AM »
On the left side of this entry plaza I'm adding a guest relations building and this relic hangs outside for picture opportunities. I will place this on the workshop.

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 02, 2018, 06:41 AM »
Looks nice.  And while I know it's like a calendar stone, I still think you could give it a gong sound every hour on the hour :).
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

« Reply #57 on: October 03, 2018, 03:13 PM »
here is the back side (exits) of the ticket gates

« Reply #58 on: October 09, 2018, 07:59 PM »
Sorry, been silent a while as I was out of town.

Working on the Guest Relations building that will be on the left side of the entry area.
When I start a building from scratch...this is how they typically look for me

After the roof and a few accents have been added

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 09, 2018, 09:51 PM »
That's going to be a fancy Guest Relations building. Though nothing wrong with that. It's nice to see you working on a new project, besides your Star Wars park. This one looks like it will be just as good.
Browse the Best of the Workshop at the Planet Coaster Depot