Renee Feu Adventure Park - Africa...The Serengeti

• 634 replies

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
Re: Renee Feu Adventure Park - Africa...Harambe
« Reply #390 on: April 10, 2019, 03:04 PM »
I think that last screenshot is the best yet.  Really captures the zoo feel.

So are you planning to find a use for the Sky Temple?  I think it would fit nicely in your park!!

« Reply #391 on: April 10, 2019, 03:47 PM »
Not sure yet. I don't really have plans for a oriental type area, except maybe Nepal, but thats a small area ( and the plan was it was going to be a mountain) that was going to already have a coaster and not sure if this will fit. I will try. I want to get as many different rides crammed in as possible.

« Reply #392 on: April 11, 2019, 07:38 AM »

Online JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: April 11, 2019, 03:49 PM »
Beautiful screenshots, wowman. The last one really holds my attention- something about the green and orange colors, the mix of foliage and rockwork, and the time of day.

« Reply #394 on: April 11, 2019, 04:30 PM »
Beautiful screenshots, wowman. The last one really holds my attention- something about the green and orange colors, the mix of foliage and rockwork, and the time of day.
I believe that was a sunset time frame

Offline Berlin87

• CEO of Park Eureka
    • View Profile
    • PARK EUREKA
« Reply #395 on: April 12, 2019, 12:21 AM »
I can't believe how incredibly immersive this park is. Everytime I scroll through the screenshots I spot new details that further deepen the already rich atmosphere. Beautiful work, wowman – I think this is your best project to date.

Offline corkscrewloop

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: April 13, 2019, 12:03 AM »
Love those three newest pics, fantastic atmosphere, fantastic colors!!  :)
My Workshop: Steam Workshop

« Reply #397 on: April 13, 2019, 01:21 PM »
THX again to all that provide wonderful comments and feed back.

Here are my artsy shots from this area. Some better than others, but I like to try new/different options every time.

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: April 13, 2019, 02:00 PM »
I like the second one the best. It looks like a very old postcard of a real park. If I saw that posted anywhere else on the internet, I'd never know it was Planet Coaster.
Browse the Best of the Workshop at the Planet Coaster Depot

Online JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: April 13, 2019, 07:16 PM »
I like that second image 'postcard', as well. Makes me wonder where it's been and how it came to look like that: Originally photographed in 1897, then made into an albumen print postcard in 1903, bought from a souvenir stand in 1904 when it was folded up and carried around in someone's pocket for 23 years, discarded into a trashcan on a sidewalk, which tipped over during a torrential thunderstorm, causing the postcard to float down the runoff next to a curb on a busy street where it was run over and splashed with mud numerous times before it was 'rescued' by a passerby and dried out next to a wood stove, becoming a little too dry and hot, which caused all the darkening around the edges. Then wowman saw it online and posted it here. :P

I like the first pic, too. Sort of a watercolor wash with India ink outline. (No elaborate story for this one.)

« Reply #400 on: April 15, 2019, 06:55 AM »
THX guys - I like the second one the best as well...its actually my home screen background right now.

One last postcard for this part of Harambe

Offline RCT D!

• San Lacrona Beach Resort
    • View Profile
    • Rollercoaster Tycoon D! - YouTube Channel
« Reply #401 on: April 15, 2019, 08:59 AM »
The postcard looks amazing, it transports perfectly the atmosphere of that area. WoW!

« Reply #402 on: April 16, 2019, 12:35 PM »
So I had a few more blueprints I used in this section that I didn't call out and want to give credit where credit is due. I have so much I start to lose track of where these are all placed.

-Petite scène d'Egypte by Dezax
-Fence Adventure by YouYou Parachute
-Bucket O' Tools by TheShaudi
-[Kasi Mbio] Lodge by Floss
-Pieces from Safari Shops and Facilities Pack by troopermatthew

THX again to all the workshop contributors as I couldn't make my parks without them.

« Reply #403 on: April 16, 2019, 01:16 PM »
Moving onto the second part of Harambe.

Here is an overview map of the entire Harambe area. if you draw a line about right through the middle of this shot...what's to the right is what we covered already and now we will move to the left side of this photo.

To get to this area you continue past the Croc enclosure on your right

To the left is a crossing area for trucks and staff to get to the animal enclosures. If you saw earlier in this thread. I got those crossing gates timed and working when trains pass by. Truck provided by 'aritario's Safari Trucks by aritario'.

A covered market areas to buy gifts and something to eat. (Feu's Exotic Exports by DCSnGA85)

Online JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: April 16, 2019, 08:55 PM »
I love those beehive-style thatched roofs. What the heck is that floating stuff in the last pic? (rocks and trees) Avatar's floating mountains?

« Reply #405 on: April 17, 2019, 05:35 AM »
I love those beehive-style thatched roofs. What the heck is that floating stuff in the last pic? (rocks and trees) Avatar's floating mountains?
Ha - that is just temp placed blueprints off in the distance that I may use for other areas of the park. I usually try to avoid getting them in pics as they are not permanent decisions yet. That one just happens to be floating higher.

« Reply #406 on: April 18, 2019, 06:26 AM »
Continuing down the walkway, we have a refreshments stand on the right. The stone path covering is pieces from the 'Ruine' pack by blackmanshadow sunk into the ground.

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: April 18, 2019, 03:03 PM »
Wow, this Harambe area is KILLER!  You've certainly progressed quite far (I was like 4 pages behind) since I was last in here.  Glad to see my bad advice didn't hose you up.

This area is so full of magnificent stuff!  You are quite justified in being proud of it all.  And it looks like what I'd expect to see in Africa (never been there, just seen it on TV and flew over Egypt without stopping once).  I really like the whole village, the Croc ride, and of course that excellent chairlift station!

Keep up the good work!

PS:  Loved the video of my pagoda burning down.  I hope you replaced it with something more worthy of inclusion here.
-Bullethead
NIHIL INIQVIVS QVAM ÆQVITATEM NIMIS INTENDERE
My Steam Workshop page

« Reply #408 on: April 18, 2019, 03:52 PM »
Hey!!! - welcome back and glad to see your wise wit again.

Online JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: April 18, 2019, 03:54 PM »
The stone path looks great! Were the 'Ruine' pieces originally intended for walls? I suppose you could've used your patentedTM billboards and gotten similar results, but these have actual depth; and that seems to make all the difference. Good choice. Good usage.

And same here, Bullethead. Welcome back.

« Reply #410 on: April 18, 2019, 05:12 PM »
The stone path looks great! Were the 'Ruine' pieces originally intended for walls? I suppose you could've used your patentedTM billboards and gotten similar results, but these have actual depth; and that seems to make all the difference. Good choice. Good usage.

And same here, Bullethead. Welcome back.
Yes - these are wall pieces set on their side. I just liked the look of the uneven pattern and how in some area the actual ground still shows through (because the walls have texture and are not flat walls)

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: April 19, 2019, 07:31 AM »
They look fantastic!  The guests better watch their step though!  Don't want the park to get sued.   :no:

« Reply #412 on: April 19, 2019, 08:36 AM »
They look fantastic!  The guests better watch their step though!  Don't want the park to get sued.   :no:
I know - I figured faux park, faux lawsuits

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: April 19, 2019, 09:22 AM »
ha ha ha!  Faux sho'!

« Reply #414 on: April 20, 2019, 01:36 PM »
Turning down the back alley to get to the queue for Soaring Eagles, we have a pizza place on the right (Adventure Outpost: Pizza Pen by Stopdaan).

The queue goes through and around "Caribbean / tropical house by OxidizedLady"

I had to make some modifications to it to make the queue path fit and go through the garden in the back and up through the building.

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: April 20, 2019, 01:42 PM »
I LOVE the color scheme!  Looks wonderful!

« Reply #416 on: April 20, 2019, 04:30 PM »
That fence is clever, and I also like the detail on the right building (1st picture), the texture of that really caught my eye

Offline RCTSpanky

• Old RCT fart :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: April 22, 2019, 04:26 AM »
As you start with your park and I've seen all the sketches I have lost the interest in this thread ... but now, thanks to the snapshots on Shyguys main page, I became aware of this thread again.

After seeing the pictures on the last page, I just had to read everything from the beginning . . . and I'm sorry I missed all that so far.

Great atmosphere. You're so fond of detail, I like that. Somehow your park also reminds me of Sdanwolf's Safari Park. I will continue to follow this thread now.

« Reply #418 on: April 22, 2019, 06:00 AM »
THX guys. AS I have said before...glad you can enjoy something from my game play.

Here are some shots of the Soaring Eagles ride and surrounding area.

« Reply #419 on: April 22, 2019, 06:08 AM »
Also, I posted this ride skin on the workshop if you would like it.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1681714248

And here is a postcard for this ride.