Re: Renee Feu Adventure Park - Africa...Harambe
« Reply #450 on: May 05, 2019, 08:59 AM »
Some night shots

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: May 05, 2019, 01:24 PM »
This is most definitely your most picturesque park to date. Every screenshot is just filled with eye candy.
Browse the Best of the Workshop at the Planet Coaster Depot

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: May 05, 2019, 05:01 PM »
I have to go with what Shyguy said.
-Bullethead
NIHIL INIQVIVS QVAM ÆQVITATEM NIMIS INTENDERE
My Steam Workshop page

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: May 05, 2019, 10:22 PM »
And I have to go with what Bullethead said. :P  The rainbow of colors here, especially in the second shot, is breathtaking.

« Reply #454 on: May 06, 2019, 05:34 PM »
I'm going to go with what those three ^^^ people said.

The ONLY thing I don't like is that I don't feel that flat ride in the last shot is going to get the path visibility it deserves.  But I wouldn't want to lose those buildings, especially the narrow facade building because I still think that's brilliant.

« Reply #455 on: May 07, 2019, 05:49 AM »
THX guys - hopefully more good stuff to come for you to enjoy.

A few more night and dusk shots

« Reply #456 on: May 07, 2019, 05:51 AM »
I'm going to go with what those three ^^^ people said.

The ONLY thing I don't like is that I don't feel that flat ride in the last shot is going to get the path visibility it deserves.  But I wouldn't want to lose those buildings, especially the narrow facade building because I still think that's brilliant.
I get what you are saying I I actually did this kind of by design in this area. all three of the flats here are 'behind the scenes' and set back a bit more. I wanted it to be a village first with the rides playing a second role...kind of hidden in back alleys. Maybe not a good realistic park design choice.

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: May 07, 2019, 06:10 AM »
Very pretty pics.  I especially like the 3rd one with the sun setting (or rising?) through the hills in the background.  Are those all off-map background terrain features or did you make any of them?  Especially the closer one with the jutting outcrop?  It looks quite nice.

Even if you didn't make them, you sure used them to advantage.
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

« Reply #458 on: May 07, 2019, 06:32 AM »
Very pretty pics.  I especially like the 3rd one with the sun setting (or rising?) through the hills in the background.  Are those all off-map background terrain features or did you make any of them?  Especially the closer one with the jutting outcrop?  It looks quite nice.

Even if you didn't make them, you sure used them to advantage.
Actually - that shot is the sun rising...The farther out hills are the background, but the closer jutting one is made by me in park...or actually on the park skirt that I made in the scenario edit feature

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: May 07, 2019, 01:58 PM »
That sunrise pic reminds me of the scene in the movie "Journey To The Center Of The Earth" (1959) where the rising sun points to the cave opening that leads them on their journey.

The first pic: Ah. More PC plaster balloons. :D  Although these look more like vinyl. They do have a certain charm to them; just not very balloony, at least not latex or mylar.

The second pic looks sort of like an Ewok village; if Ewoks had amusement park rides. And in the last pic, the silhouetted Rock-O-Plane adds lots of interest to the shot.

« Reply #460 on: May 09, 2019, 07:12 AM »
here are some artsy shots from this area

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: May 09, 2019, 09:40 AM »
So the ground colors are all just airbrushing the terrain textures, not billboards?

How'd you get the streaky appearance?  I always get blobs :)
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

« Reply #462 on: May 09, 2019, 09:57 AM »
So the ground colors are all just airbrushing the terrain textures, not billboards?

How'd you get the streaky appearance?  I always get blobs :)
In these shots yes...they are all ground painting. I just keep experimenting with speed, intensity, size and most importunately layering, which is where I feel a lot of this look comes from. If I don't like it...erase and try something different. Some of these area have 2-3 layers of different colors and textures. especially as I fan out towards the edges of specific areas. this is also how I paint vertical walls and outcrops as well.

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: May 09, 2019, 02:37 PM »
I like these "artsy shots". Looks like you used a watercolor technique on them this time? They remind me of Paul Gauguin's south seas paintings.

« Reply #464 on: May 09, 2019, 02:43 PM »
I like these "artsy shots". Looks like you used a watercolor technique on them this time? They remind me of Paul Gauguin's south seas paintings.
they are just random effects I pick in the moment, but yes they have that feel this time.

« Reply #465 on: May 11, 2019, 08:47 AM »
here is the official map of the Harambe area

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: May 11, 2019, 02:03 PM »
Very nice job on the park map. :)

« Reply #467 on: May 13, 2019, 06:09 AM »
THX!!!!

Now its time to move over to the Congo part of this area. AS you continue on through Harambe, the Congo sits in a dead end corner of the park (except if you take the Adventure Express train onto to Egypt from this area.
Here is a drone shot of the entire area.

Walking from Harambe to the Congo

Central plaza area. Buildings are 'Magazi Port Authority' and 'Magazi Market Buildings' by andycarpenter19

I do change up many of the blueprints I end up using to make them fit into my areas a bit better to my liking.

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
Re: Renee Feu Adventure Park - Africa...The Congo
« Reply #468 on: May 13, 2019, 12:56 PM »
That first screen shot shows off the top notch terraforming and landscaping that you do so well in all your parks. Impressive as always.

Offline corkscrewloop

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: May 14, 2019, 11:41 PM »
Hope you do once a tutorial how to create such an amazing parkmap!!! Love the artsy shots! It's simply amazing what you have put here together in that park! The amount of details is breathtaking :)
My Workshop: Steam Workshop

« Reply #470 on: May 15, 2019, 05:16 AM »
I agree with Shy -- you did a great job of making it feel like the land was here first and the park came along and had to work with and around the existing landscaping. 

« Reply #471 on: May 15, 2019, 05:40 AM »
Hope you do once a tutorial how to create such an amazing parkmap!!! Love the artsy shots! It's simply amazing what you have put here together in that park! The amount of details is breathtaking :)
Sure - I will put this on my list to do

« Reply #472 on: May 15, 2019, 06:00 AM »
And also.....thx for the nice terrain comments. I do spend a lot of time working the land in my parks...this one in particular. I look at what I plan to yet and sometimes think..."why am I doing this? I'm not going to ever get the look and feel that I have in my head"

Here is the Toy Barn shop (Old Stone Barn for farm 2x4 by CrimsonSun) and the little guy on the sign was from the TMTK, but for the life of me I can't find it in my list and I don't recall who made it. (I wish the game had some sort of way to either sort or tag the items you actually use in the park so they are easier t find again if you want to use them).

Continuing down the street...

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: May 15, 2019, 08:05 AM »
The Congo looks beautiful in so many ways!  Great stuff in all regards!

The way I remember whose workshop items I use is to favorite them.  Then I just go to my favorites list and scroll down until I find the thing.  Then I have to click on it and go to its actual page to see who the author is.
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: May 15, 2019, 04:14 PM »
This is really shaping up to be another great looking area. Congo looks more modern and more brightly colored than Harambe. The last pic is my favorite, although the one before it is a close runner-up.

« Reply #475 on: May 17, 2019, 06:18 AM »
Once again guys...thanks for the nice comment...glad you can enjoy this.

Moving around to the back of this building you can see the queue for the balloons continues

Postcard for this ride

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: May 17, 2019, 10:16 PM »
Here again, you have a queue that's partly covered, partly open. I really like that concept; it adds interest (and shade on hot days).

« Reply #477 on: May 19, 2019, 10:06 AM »
THX JB - a lot of that is laziness on wanting to build full queue buildings.  :whistling:

Here is the train station and queue building.
The clock tower is 'CSCL - DK Train Assets by corkscrewloop'

In the queue

from above

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: May 19, 2019, 01:34 PM »
I really like that station and CSL's tower goes perfect with it.  Or vice versa :).  That safari truck beside the station is pretty cool, too.

-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: May 19, 2019, 03:16 PM »
I like the folk-art style of the paint job. Sort of like the whole village turned out to do the painting, out of community pride. The tin roof might look shoddy to our Western eyes, but it's probably considered a luxury in that part of the world. (And yes, I know this is a theme park, not an actual village. :whistling:)