Renee Feu Adventure Park - Africa...The Congo

• 533 replies
Re: Renee Feu Adventure Park - Africa...The Congo
« Reply #480 on: May 19, 2019, 06:03 PM »
I like the folk-art style of the paint job. Sort of like the whole village turned out to do the painting, out of community pride. The tin roof might look shoddy to our Western eyes, but it's probably considered a luxury in that part of the world. (And yes, I know this is a theme park, not an actual village. :whistling:)
That is a billboard photo I took from a real wall at DAK

« Reply #481 on: May 21, 2019, 06:04 AM »
BTW - BH...that truck is a workshop item I overlooked mentioning...its 'aritario's Safari Trucks'

The back/water side of this station

From above, you can see that the train immediately enters a tunnel when it leaves the station...more on that later

on the platform

BTW - I have this station on the workshop if you want it.
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1703017529

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: May 21, 2019, 06:33 AM »
I love the woodwork on the station ceiling.  Very nicely done and realistic ;).  Funny thing--in the last pic, I was going to ask where you got the nice little clock that fit so well into the circular part of the Victorian arch piece.  Then I realized the "clock" was actually the joints in the stonework of the tunnel entrance as seen through trilobed hole in the arch piece :D.  So nothing really there but it does nicely fake the appearance of a clock such as you might find on a station  platform.

Also, very nice canoes and kayaks in the 1st pic.  I might have a use for those.  Where'd you find them?
-Bullethead
NIHIL INIQVIVS QVAM ÆQVITATEM NIMIS INTENDERE
My Steam Workshop page

« Reply #483 on: May 21, 2019, 07:17 AM »
I love the woodwork on the station ceiling.  Very nicely done and realistic ;).  Funny thing--in the last pic, I was going to ask where you got the nice little clock that fit so well into the circular part of the Victorian arch piece.  Then I realized the "clock" was actually the joints in the stonework of the tunnel entrance as seen through trilobed hole in the arch piece :D.  So nothing really there but it does nicely fake the appearance of a clock such as you might find on a station  platform.

Also, very nice canoes and kayaks in the 1st pic.  I might have a use for those.  Where'd you find them?
The ceiling joist grid work was done by me, but the ceiling boards are actually '[Pix] Vintage Wooden Floor' piece from the workshop.
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1620490170&searchtext=floor

That faux clock illusion was just by chance of the angle of the screen capture I did. even the slightest change in direction that would forever disappear.

Canoe from Daddy Poe
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1653011780&searchtext=canoe
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1652295858&searchtext=kayak

« Reply #484 on: May 23, 2019, 05:47 AM »
Here is what it looks like as the train leaves the Congo station and passes through a series of caverns on its way to Egypt.

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: May 23, 2019, 01:55 PM »
Love the shots of the tunnels.
Browse the Best of the Workshop at the Planet Coaster Depot

Online Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: May 23, 2019, 04:50 PM »
That looks amazing!!  I love the caverns

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: May 23, 2019, 08:32 PM »
I'm a sucker for caves/caverns; I use them a lot as well. I especially like the first and second pics... and the third... the fourth is pretty good too. :P  Are those water/rain drops dripping down in the cavern (pic #1)?

Offline cody

• Unlock the magic within!
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: May 23, 2019, 08:54 PM »
I swear I look away for one second and you have like 50 updates and all of which are amazing! I am just loving this project more and more because it is super detailed, which is definitely inspiring to all of us. Well done!

Offline Darknight

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: May 24, 2019, 07:49 AM »
Looking good! Keep up the excellent work.

« Reply #490 on: May 25, 2019, 07:17 AM »
Love the "dripping" cave... I feel like I can hear the drops landing.   Are those adventure pack bricks you're using or something from the workshop?  Good work either way.

Offline PatrikV

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: May 27, 2019, 09:20 AM »
The caves look great. Especially the first picture. A very cool way to connect the different areas.

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: May 28, 2019, 12:44 PM »
Nice use of the tunnel to change scenery on the peeps and make them thing they moved to another timezone :)
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

« Reply #493 on: May 28, 2019, 04:02 PM »
Love the "dripping" cave... I feel like I can hear the drops landing.   Are those adventure pack bricks you're using or something from the workshop?  Good work either way.
its one of the special effects in game. I thought it gave the best look of water dripping seeing as the real water in the game doesn't reflect the light.

« Reply #494 on: May 28, 2019, 04:12 PM »
THX for everyone else as well that like the tunnels. There will be more in later in other parts of the park, way more elaborate...these were somewhat of a test to see what could be done.

« Reply #495 on: May 28, 2019, 04:39 PM »
Here is the train ride through the Africa part of the park

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: May 28, 2019, 08:03 PM »
Nice train ride. :)  Did you do the narration/announcements? Those drips in the tunnel look great (as do the tunnels).

« Reply #497 on: May 29, 2019, 05:53 AM »
Nice train ride. :)  Did you do the narration/announcements? Those drips in the tunnel look great (as do the tunnels).
yep - they are pretty bad. LOL

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: May 29, 2019, 02:01 PM »
I enjoyed the train ride video. It really shows off the area and it's great landscaping. And the African music really sets the atmosphere.
Browse the Best of the Workshop at the Planet Coaster Depot

« Reply #499 on: May 29, 2019, 03:14 PM »
Those are pieces from a TMTK workshop item

Ruine pack by blackmanshadow

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: May 29, 2019, 08:56 PM »
That's a great train ride.  I really liked your narration and seeing the sights along the way from different angles than shown previously.  I also liked out the peeps on the chairlift, and the giraffes in the zoo, got a nice whiff of steam exhaust, which is one of my favorite aromas :).

But I keep seeing you using " Renee' " (with an apostrophe after the 2nd e) instead of " Renée " (with an accent OVER, not after, the 1st e).  Seriously, the former is totally wrong.  It's a misspelling of the word.  Those little flourishes non-English languages add to their otherwise Latin alphabet are where they are for a reason :).
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

« Reply #501 on: May 30, 2019, 05:55 AM »
THX for the comments and glad you like the train (what I have done of it so far).
And BH - haven't you figured out I haven't changed that tick-mark yet just to bug you?  :P

Getting off the train station in the Congo, you come across this wonderful little building set.  (Safari Chief Beef by SDanwolf).

and a small path that leads back to some bathrooms. This small building in front is "African style Building by Appgamer"

African style Toilets by ypr-pri rickat3

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: May 30, 2019, 02:43 PM »
Nice looking building by SDanwolf. I'm guessing you added your own personal touches as well? What really makes it charming is the different colors and building materials for different parts of the structure.

And nothing says 'Ice Cream' like a big steer skull above the doorway, I always say. :P

« Reply #503 on: May 30, 2019, 04:23 PM »
Nice looking building by SDanwolf. I'm guessing you added your own personal touches as well? What really makes it charming is the different colors and building materials for different parts of the structure.

And nothing says 'Ice Cream' like a big steer skull above the doorway, I always say. :P
yep - i rarely ever use the blueprints 'as is'. I add windows, and the billboards on the front, the steps, and the entire back of the building was not finished.

« Reply #504 on: June 01, 2019, 09:41 AM »
Hot air balloon rides

Such a nice view of the park from up there

So nice...it makes a great ad poster

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: June 01, 2019, 04:30 PM »
I love that aerial shot with the hot air balloon's shadow on the ground. :)  Plus we get to see most of the rest of the park. I tend to forget just how much visually interesting stuff there is till you see it all together.

« Reply #506 on: June 03, 2019, 05:39 AM »
THX JB.

Lets take a look at the E-Ticket ride in this section...Gorilla Mist Falls. It is a dive coaster that also goes through a couple ape exhibits along the way.

Here is the signage.

BTW - most all the stonework in and around this ride is from the TMTK entries of "Ruine pack by blackmanshadow"
And - this entrance was done by "African style Coaster Entrance by Appgamer"

The queue winds its way through a dilapidated old temple.

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: June 03, 2019, 03:28 PM »
I like the old temple. If you have to wind your way back-and-forth in a queue, this is the way to do it. Lots of interesting sights to pass the time along the way.

That wood vine thingy in the foreground of the first queue pic: Does it have a (right-facing profile) gorilla face? Or is that just a weird coincidence?

« Reply #508 on: June 03, 2019, 06:03 PM »
I like the old temple. If you have to wind your way back-and-forth in a queue, this is the way to do it. Lots of interesting sights to pass the time along the way.

That wood vine thingy in the foreground of the first queue pic: Does it have a (right-facing profile) gorilla face? Or is that just a weird coincidence?
coincidence

Offline Cinestri0

• Livin' Like Larry
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: June 04, 2019, 06:50 AM »
Nice queue setup