Renee Feu Adventure Park - Nepal

• 768 replies
Re: Renee Feu Adventure Park - Africa...The Congo
« Reply #540 on: June 22, 2019, 05:15 AM »
I agree with BH.  Hope you include lots of off-ride as well :)
three different videos of the ride coming next

« Reply #541 on: June 23, 2019, 07:52 AM »
BTW - thanks for the nice comments!

Here is a view of the ride from overhead

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: June 23, 2019, 11:34 AM »
That looks fun.  First, a nice, relaxing drive through the gorgeous jungle.  Then suddenly things are terrifying.  And wet :).  Hopefully, it's hot and dry where this park is, so the soggy peeps don't get TOO chilled in the subsequent high-speed part of the track :)
« Last Edit: June 23, 2019, 04:39 PM by Bullethead »
-Bullethead
NIHIL INIQVIVS QVAM ÆQVITATEM NIMIS INTENDERE
My Steam Workshop page

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: June 23, 2019, 02:50 PM »
I really enjoyed the video, wowman. :)  At the start, I love how the tree branches fall away beneath us as we climb the lift hill, sort of like being in a hot air balloon. And later, as we're going through the (I think) chimp enclosure- no need for 3D images here; the upper tree canopies moving at a different pace than the train gives a real feeling of depth.

« Reply #544 on: June 25, 2019, 05:35 AM »
THX again guys.

Here is an on ride (chase) video

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: June 25, 2019, 03:28 PM »
Really fun ride! The 'chase' camera gives it an immersive 'you are there' feel.

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: June 25, 2019, 04:13 PM »
Very fun (and wet) ride :).

I hadn't noticed the gorillas in the ruins in the overhead video
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

« Reply #547 on: June 27, 2019, 05:26 AM »
THX guys!
One last video of this ride - night ride off vehicle

« Reply #548 on: June 27, 2019, 05:36 AM »
Great ride!  Despite the vertical drops, it never really seems to get TOO crazy.  In fact, I really like the gentle intro where they casually go through the enclosure.  Well done.

Offline CoasterCad

• Imagining since 1987
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: June 27, 2019, 08:49 AM »
Now that's how like my rides. Slow parts, fast parts, waterfalls, animatronics, epic theming, great music, tunnels and stunning views, all very well done. Good job Wowman. Don't know where you got inspiration for this ride, but i really love the idea of the slow part on top of the mountain to build up the tension of the drops, turns and inversions.
Let your imagination take you to take great places.

« Reply #550 on: June 27, 2019, 09:58 AM »
Now that's how like my rides. Slow parts, fast parts, waterfalls, animatronics, epic theming, great music, tunnels and stunning views, all very well done. Good job Wowman. Don't know where you got inspiration for this ride, but i really love the idea of the slow part on top of the mountain to build up the tension of the drops, turns and inversions.
LOL - not much inspiration except trying to fill up space and it just kept evolving. it was shorter in earlier stages and them all the TMTK animals started coming out, so I added the top section for those. THX tho - I appreciate the positive support.

« Reply #551 on: June 27, 2019, 09:59 AM »
Great ride!  Despite the vertical drops, it never really seems to get TOO crazy.  In fact, I really like the gentle intro where they casually go through the enclosure.  Well done.
THx - I do like the way this ride ended up. I'm not that good at creating rides from scratch. Layouts are usually very odd and unrealistic, but this one is much closer to having a good mix of both of these.

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: June 27, 2019, 04:33 PM »
Really nice video! Two scenes stood out for me: The moon in the background with the foreground trees passing by in front of the train, and the hot air balloon up behind the train as it goes through an inversion. And I liked how you mixed in some 'hand-held' shots with the ride-cam shots. My coaster-building philosophy is similar to yours- maybe not so realistic, but built to fit/fill up a certain type of terrain.

« Reply #553 on: June 27, 2019, 08:41 PM »
Really nice video! Two scenes stood out for me: The moon in the background with the foreground trees passing by in front of the train, and the hot air balloon up behind the train as it goes through an inversion. And I liked how you mixed in some 'hand-held' shots with the ride-cam shots. My coaster-building philosophy is similar to yours- maybe not so realistic, but built to fit/fill up a certain type of terrain.
THX - believe it or not a lot of work goes into these off ride videos.

I have to record all my videos at .5% speed to get them to work this smoothly because my frame rate is so bad. So that means long long recording times for each ride. That 5 minute real time ride takes like an hour to record...1x. This particular video had about 4-6 takes to get the complete ride. There is a reason I do these off ride videos as night rides...so the trains and the guest changing between shots is not as noticeable.

Take 1 is usually an cinematic recording. problem is many of the auto-chosen shots are below the track or behind trees, etc...so I usually only get maybe a forth of the ride with usable shots...lucky if its more.

Take 2 usually a second recording of cinematic again...hoping to fill in some of the missed shots from the first record.

If I have nothing else to do in my life I do a 3rd recording just to see if I get any better shots to pick from.

Take 4 is a 'hand-held' as you call it. I am in Orbit mode and record with the camera flying around the train. This is again to give me a few needed shots to grab from if the cinematic still missed something...or if the fly around shots just seem to look better anyway. This is the worst record to do because I have to hold the mouse button down for the entire recording. Also, because I'm at 5% speed I have to move around really really slow trying to time it with what the final video speed might be. AS you can see sometimes I get a bit wild and lose concentration on those shots.

Take 5 - I usually select specific Orbit shots...so like the moon shot. I look for cool angle views and spot record just those sections of the ride with the specific angle I want.

Take 6 if needed. fixed camera. after I review the best of what I have everywhere else and take a ton of notes, if I still have a hole in the ride where I need some footage, I place the fixed camera shot and record the train just passing through that frame of the camera.

Take 7 - record the ride at normal game speed for the on ride audio and sound effects. sometimes I have to save the ride as a blueprint and place in an empty park to get a smooth well timed recording. this is really for audio and a timing track in the software so the background/scenery is not important.

Then its time to edit and piece it all together. I actually used the real time audio track as my timer key. It helps me adjust each clip to fit in over the real time version of the ride. once its all pieced together, I adjust the audio as best I can...add some sound effects when needed, there you have the final product.

Offline CoasterCad

• Imagining since 1987
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: June 29, 2019, 01:38 PM »
THX - believe it or not a lot of work goes into these off ride videos.

I have to record all my videos at .5% speed to get them to work this smoothly because my frame rate is so bad. So that means long long recording times for each ride. That 5 minute real time ride takes like an hour to record...1x. This particular video had about 4-6 takes to get the complete ride. There is a reason I do these off ride videos as night rides...so the trains and the guest changing between shots is not as noticeable.

Take 1 is usually an cinematic recording. problem is many of the auto-chosen shots are below the track or behind trees, etc...so I usually only get maybe a forth of the ride with usable shots...lucky if its more.

Take 2 usually a second recording of cinematic again...hoping to fill in some of the missed shots from the first record.

If I have nothing else to do in my life I do a 3rd recording just to see if I get any better shots to pick from.

Take 4 is a 'hand-held' as you call it. I am in Orbit mode and record with the camera flying around the train. This is again to give me a few needed shots to grab from if the cinematic still missed something...or if the fly around shots just seem to look better anyway. This is the worst record to do because I have to hold the mouse button down for the entire recording. Also, because I'm at 5% speed I have to move around really really slow trying to time it with what the final video speed might be. AS you can see sometimes I get a bit wild and lose concentration on those shots.

Take 5 - I usually select specific Orbit shots...so like the moon shot. I look for cool angle views and spot record just those sections of the ride with the specific angle I want.

Take 6 if needed. fixed camera. after I review the best of what I have everywhere else and take a ton of notes, if I still have a hole in the ride where I need some footage, I place the fixed camera shot and record the train just passing through that frame of the camera.

Take 7 - record the ride at normal game speed for the on ride audio and sound effects. sometimes I have to save the ride as a blueprint and place in an empty park to get a smooth well timed recording. this is really for audio and a timing track in the software so the background/scenery is not important.

Then its time to edit and piece it all together. I actually used the real time audio track as my timer key. It helps me adjust each clip to fit in over the real time version of the ride. once its all pieced together, I adjust the audio as best I can...add some sound effects when needed, there you have the final product.

:w00t: You can't be human with that kind of patience.... What planet are you from? or are you some kind of celestial being?
Let your imagination take you to take great places.

« Reply #555 on: June 29, 2019, 02:18 PM »
How about a few night shots of this area?

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: June 29, 2019, 04:09 PM »
:w00t: You can't be human with that kind of patience.... What planet are you from? or are you some kind of celestial being?

He's a toon.  Don't you recognize his avatar? He's not superhuman, he's just drawn that way :D

How about a few night shots of this area?

Why not?  They look good and keep the not-much-electricity-here theme going I think.

-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: June 29, 2019, 04:24 PM »
The warm orange light makes the street scenes look very inviting.

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: June 29, 2019, 04:27 PM »
Gorgeous work!!  Wow!!  That blue and orange combination is my favorite to use too.

« Reply #559 on: June 29, 2019, 04:38 PM »
Gorgeous work!!  Wow!!  That blue and orange combination is my favorite to use too.
the one pic here i added a bit of dark purple, but most of the other bluish light is the ambient moon light

« Reply #560 on: July 01, 2019, 07:57 AM »
More...a couple of the coaster area at night

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: July 01, 2019, 08:20 AM »
It must have been quite a chore to get all the waterfalls show up so well at night, like in the 2nd pic. 
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

« Reply #562 on: July 01, 2019, 08:26 AM »
It must have been quite a chore to get all the waterfalls show up so well at night, like in the 2nd pic.
Yes - back lighting with the cool colors seems to work best as it almost simulates a waterfall just by the colors and I think your mind fills in the blanks or something.

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: July 01, 2019, 09:53 AM »
Yes - back lighting with the cool colors seems to work best as it almost simulates a waterfall just by the colors and I think your mind fills in the blanks or something.

That's the general strategy I go with, but I never get it to work so well.  I hope that if there's ever a PC2, they make water (and other SFX) more interactive with park lighting, so we can make properly colored fountains, or even just have waterfalls and fog show up at night.
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

« Reply #564 on: July 03, 2019, 05:37 AM »
and...a couple more.

« Reply #565 on: July 03, 2019, 08:03 AM »
Thank you for that very interesting write up on how you do your videos.

What software do you use?

« Reply #566 on: July 03, 2019, 09:38 AM »
Thank you for that very interesting write up on how you do your videos.

What software do you use?
I have used many different ones over the years, but currently I have been using Cyberlink PowerDirector for the past few years. Its a very robust, but more affordable software. I recently subscribed to the yearly program, which gives me access to all the new add-ons and features they put out just about every month.

They also have a Photo Director software you can bundle in that works pretty well as.

« Reply #567 on: July 05, 2019, 06:17 AM »
and a few more night shots

Offline planetthrilldude57

• Always on the move
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: July 05, 2019, 12:38 PM »
Looks awesome! The sunset shot looks beautiful.

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: July 05, 2019, 03:49 PM »
Again, you really know how to save the best pic for last. :)  Love the splotches of green and blue areas mixed with the sunset hues. And the dark but colorful balloon hovering in the sky like a giant exclamation point.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2019, 03:52 PM by JB »