Renee Feu Adventure Park - Nepal

• 771 replies
Re: Renee Feu Adventure Park - Africa...The Serengeti
« Reply #660 on: September 10, 2019, 01:12 PM »
 :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o
Beyond Incredible!!!!!!! I wish I had time to play PC!!!!! Sadly, I am turning my house into a Shakespearean haunt for 200 people.
I think like I live like I work like I love.....voluminous and disjointed. Get used to it.

« Reply #661 on: September 10, 2019, 02:48 PM »
:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o
Beyond Incredible!!!!!!! I wish I had time to play PC!!!!! Sadly, I am turning my house into a Shakespearean haunt for 200 people.
that sounds cool/fun!!! I used to do that...outside only. Was on a haunted house tour and would hundreds of people and cars drive by and explore my yard every night for 2 weeks each year. Also forced be to basically buy stock in Halloween candy as I had to give away hundreds of $$$ worth each year...but the kids and parents loved it. Theme changed a bit over the years, but was mostly a haunted pirate seaside graveyard.

Offline Plokoon111

• Darkride Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: September 11, 2019, 05:12 AM »
This is excellent man! I am really enjoying everything you have built in this park. Keep it up wowmanrct!

« Reply #663 on: September 13, 2019, 07:51 PM »
Hey guys - -wanted to provide an update. I am very nervous right now that I may never play PlanCo again. Just built this great new system with high hopes that it will run PlanCo and PZ better than I have ever seen. The first thing, and only thing I loaded was Steam, and then Planco. Loaded fine, went into a few smaller parks to test the waters and things seemed a lot smoother. Jump to the next day...the damn game will not launch anymore. I believe I tried everything.
Totally removed and reloaded the game and Steam...several times.
Cleared the load cache per instructions on Steam
Verified file several time per instructions on Steam.
Viewed like what seems like 100 YT videos on how to fix this problem and nothing seems to work.
Its been 5 days of total frustration trying to get the game to launch again.
Game seems to download fine...takes a while and the progress looks fine. I can see my game folders out there and saved files (from Steam are out there).
I seriously don't know what else to do. As far as I can tell Steam doesn't offer any type of support for this.

Side note. The only other game I have out there is RCTW (no peanut gallery comments please)...reloaded and launched this game fine, so it seems to be isolated to PC.

Sadly, I don't know what to do anymore.
Tips??? Something that will work?

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: September 13, 2019, 08:41 PM »
Wish I could help, wowman. But I have little-to-no experience with Steam. I have a Steam account, for when I was keeping track of Theme Park Studio back in the day (no peanut gallery comments about that either, please). I'm guessing you did a complete shutdown of your computer, including shutting off/disconnecting your internet connection box thingy? (not just a Restart)

Could it be a Windows verification thing? Where, Steam is looking for some sort of verification and your computer is so new that the thing Steam is looking for isn't there yet?

I wonder if doing a System Restore to the day (if it exists) that the game launched okay would help.

What sort of Antivirus do you have? Maybe it's stopping something. Try turning it off?

Really seems weird that it launched the first time but not after. Maybe try rewording your YouTube search. Maybe the 101st time is the charm.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2019, 08:44 PM by JB »

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: September 13, 2019, 09:23 PM »
That's terrible. And very strange that it ran once with no problems. Have you contacted Frontier to see if they can give you any help?
Browse the Best of the Workshop at the Planet Coaster Depot

Offline Twisted

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: September 13, 2019, 11:39 PM »
That sucks wowmanrct.
Few things that come to my mind.

- Can you install it on another harddisk
-Are there files of frontier development in the appdata folder left?
-Are there files of frontier development left in the documents folder
-If so trie to delete those and uninstall the game (just make a backup to be sure)
-You can trie to set a different steamlibrary path , so it will make a new folder

Does it leave a error message behind when it does crash.
And can you describe the crash bit better (does screen goes black) or is it just like alt-tab out of game etc.
Hope we can fix this problem
« Last Edit: September 13, 2019, 11:42 PM by Twisted »

« Reply #667 on: September 14, 2019, 05:46 AM »
That's terrible. And very strange that it ran once with no problems. Have you contacted Frontier to see if they can give you any help?
yes - I subbed a ticket, but haven't heard back yet.

« Reply #668 on: September 14, 2019, 05:58 AM »
That sucks wowmanrct.
Few things that come to my mind.

- Can you install it on another harddisk
-If so trie to delete those and uninstall the game (just make a backup to be sure)
-You can trie to set a different steamlibrary path , so it will make a new folder

And can you describe the crash bit better (does screen goes black) or is it just like alt-tab out of game etc.
Can you install it on another harddisk
      I tried this as well and it seemed to be even worse as it seems to be looking for it on the C drive. Not tech smart enough to understand how this all works.

Couldn't find this specific folder name, but any folders with 'app' in them do have files in them. I also see all the saves games and files in my user folder

yes - my saved files are out there.

I did this several times. deleted folders, deleted the game, uninstalled the game uninstalled Steam, and then started over from scratch...several times.

Not sure what you are saying to do here. My buddy always laughs at me about stuff like this. He says I can be really technical most of the timer, but then a simple task (something like this), I become the dumbest box of rocks on the planet)

No error...and its not even like a crash. I click the play the game button or try to open the game even from the execute icon...and the little window opened up saying the game is launching...for a few seconds...and then the box closes...and nothing happens. In Steam where you see the list of your games...it does briefly change the status to 'syncing' and then to 'running', but the game doesn't open up and look like its running. The game stats show my total hours played...and the last time played as the current day. SO, its like Steam thinks the game opened and I played it, but it never really opens.

I will take some screen shots and even record this series of events to share later today.

See the full description in the last question.

Offline Plokoon111

• Darkride Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: September 14, 2019, 07:54 AM »
Man I really hope you are able to find a solution! I remember the years dealing with that back in the hey day of rct where I would get a new video card and the game would have issues. I wish I could give you some advice man.

Offline Twisted

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: September 14, 2019, 09:07 AM »
Well think it`s gonna be a trial and error game to get it working.
But your description help to narrow it down.
Make sure to make a list what you have tried and what didnt work (found that out the hard way)

This is just a copy-paste from the frontier site.
Though on a side-node , don`t know what game it was but steam overlay was crashing that game instantly.
Disabled it , and it did work. Same can go with monitoring software such as Fraps and Msi Afterburner.
This come`s from Frontier themself:

Run the DXSETUP.exe installer found in this folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Planet Coaster\_CommonRedist\DirectX\Jun2010
Switch to Fullscreen mode in the graphics options and disable the Steam overlay for Planet Coaster.
To do so, right-click the game title in your Steam Library, click on "Properties" and uncheck "Enable Steam Community In-Game" in the "General" tab.

Source: https://support.frontier.co.uk/kb/faq.php?id=364

« Reply #671 on: September 14, 2019, 02:47 PM »
My heart goes out... back in May I bought a new computer (high-end, especially the graphics card) and it kept shutting off while playing PC.   Hours of tech support could not find the issue, finally I gave up and returned it, went back to my previous desktop.   Then a couple weeks ago I tried again with some slightly lesser specs, and this one would trigger the reset on my GFCI outlet every time I tried to power on, thus killing the outlet until I pushed the button.   Finally got an electrician out yesterday and it seems that GFCI outlets are not compatible with some of these new machines.  He switched it back to an ungrounded 3-prong outlet and now I seem to be fine.  A relatively easy and inexpensive fix that took months to decode, and I hope you end up with a similar success story.  We shouldn't have to be afraid of buying new computers!!  :wacko:

« Reply #672 on: September 14, 2019, 04:18 PM »
Update - I tried recording the process today and was going to do screen shots to show what was going...and low and behold - the stupid game launched without a problem. I really don't get this. For 5 days nothing...now its like nothing was wrong...and I did nothing new since yesterday.

I also opened a park, but its not my current versions, so I now have to figure out how to get my backed up saves into the right folder/s to be back where I left off before I started this madness.

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: September 14, 2019, 06:19 PM »
That's great news! Except, you're probably thinking "Don't know what caused it in the first place; don't know how it fixed itself; don't know if it's gonna happen again." Cross yer fingers and hope for the best. I wonder if it was something like I suggested in my post, above: Maybe the newness of your computer lacked the thing that Steam was looking for. After several days, that thing (whatever it was) got automatically downloaded, like Windows verifying that it (Windows) is a legal copy, or something. Or maybe Steam was trying to communicate with some file on your old computer, and couldn't find it on your new computer. Just guessing.

« Reply #674 on: September 15, 2019, 06:53 AM »
Here are a few last night shots of this land that I taken before all my game issues. Want to try to keep feeding some park stuff as I can.

Offline Plokoon111

• Darkride Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #675 on: September 15, 2019, 09:17 AM »
It looks beautiful lit up at night!

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: September 16, 2019, 12:16 AM »
That first nightshot is exceptionally beautiful.

« Reply #677 on: September 18, 2019, 10:07 AM »
update in game in new computer....

The game seems to be opening fine now, but still trying how to load the saved full version of my park. everything I try does not work. Getting close. Have a more complete version I can open, but its missing a bunch of blueprints and TMTK stuff. Its not asking me to download them. This is so frustrating.

I have opened them on the old computer and saved as a blueprint to try and download on the new computer, but now everything is getting messed up because of how they are stored on the Steam cloud.

Hate to say, but I may have to abandon this project if I don't make progress soon.

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: September 18, 2019, 01:41 PM »
Are you moving ALL the files from the old computer in "Users/(your name)/Saved Games/Frontier Developments/Planet Coaster/(Folder with a long number)" over to the new computer? All your blueprints and saved games should be in there. When you start the game, you might get a message saying the the Steam Cloud is not synced with your hard drive. You want to tell it to load the files from the hard drive, NOT the Cloud. That "should" work, although I don't know about the TMTK items and how and where those are stored.

I found this thread on the Frontier site which goes into more detail. It may be of some help.
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/planet-coaster-savegames-and-progress-new-pc.495132/

Good luck.

« Last Edit: September 18, 2019, 01:54 PM by shyguy »

« Reply #679 on: September 18, 2019, 02:15 PM »
Are you moving ALL the files from the old computer in "Users/(your name)/Saved Games/Frontier Developments/Planet Coaster/(Folder with a long number)" over to the new computer? All your blueprints and saved games should be in there. When you start the game, you might get a message saying the the Steam Cloud is not synced with your hard drive. You want to tell it to load the files from the hard drive, NOT the Cloud. That "should" work, although I don't know about the TMTK items and how and where those are stored.

I found this thread on the Frontier site which goes into more detail. It may be of some help.
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/planet-coaster-savegames-and-progress-new-pc.495132/

Good luck.

yes - this is what I did and its not working. the versions it keeps bringing up to select from and open are older versions. I finally got it to open a current version but many of the pieces are missing.

I didn't the sync message/option and I didn't get the load the workshop items not in this park message/option either.

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: September 18, 2019, 03:05 PM »
Is your old system still useable? If it is, you could upload the park to the Workshop, and then download it onto your new system.

« Reply #681 on: September 18, 2019, 04:37 PM »
Is your old system still useable? If it is, you could upload the park to the Workshop, and then download it onto your new system.
yep - and I tried that and got the later save, but thats the one that had the more current version of the park, but without all the pieces.

I'm trying one more time to replace the folders and see what happens, else I'm reluctantly going with the rebuild

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: September 18, 2019, 05:47 PM »
If worse comes to worst, could you finish Renee Feu Park on your old computer? And start any new projects on your new one? Just a thought.

« Reply #683 on: September 18, 2019, 07:14 PM »
If worse comes to worst, could you finish Renee Feu Park on your old computer? And start any new projects on your new one? Just a thought.
nope - no going back to that clunker. I have already swapped out to an older graphics card and moved most everything off of it already. The whole/main purpose/idea of the new PC was to be able to play the game at a better speed.

Sadly - I may have to cut my losses and move on. I'm trying one last time tomorrow morning to see if I can get more.

« Reply #684 on: September 18, 2019, 07:33 PM »
On a happier note: here is a map of the Serengeti area that I already had created.

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: September 18, 2019, 08:24 PM »
Really nice map. I love the faded colors and the old crinkly paper. Took me about half a minute to figure out "Points Of Interest"; at first I thought it said 'Powers Of Lorecrest". :n00b:

« Reply #686 on: September 19, 2019, 05:27 AM »
THX JB.

Update on PC move....

Overall good news. Looks like I will still be playing this game and working on this park.

I still can't get the whole park moved over correctly and can't figure out why. There are just random pieces that are missing, even though they are in my download list and in the game to select. its like random pieces, or building sets just got deleted from the park.

So, I do have to spend several days rebuilding all those sections.

I also have a bunch of billboard photos missing that I still need to look into. Just very weird how these random items are missing.

Also, in the same unchanged park...I went from 1-3 FPS to 9-12 FPS. Not quite the final improvement I would have hoped for, but still way better than I was dealing with.

« Reply #687 on: September 19, 2019, 11:09 AM »
I really can't figure this out. I moved all my billboard images to the correct folder. I can browse in File Explorer and see that they are all there. But in game its bringing up an older list of available images and missing most of what I have out there. I refresh the list, I verify files. I close and reopen like a million times, and the list of images in the game will not update.

Sooooooo frustrating!!!!!!!

« Reply #688 on: September 19, 2019, 12:23 PM »
Here's something I learned (albeit on another Steam game, Skylines) when migrating computers:  Not all the workshop stuff was showing up, even though I was subscribed.  Apparently if you unsubscribe to known items, then resubscribe they will show up again.  Tedious but worth it if it works.  :(

« Reply #689 on: September 20, 2019, 02:17 PM »
Still working on getting my park up and running. Two days alter still messing with the billboard photos. I finally figure out that the game is pointing to my OneDrive folders, which had my old set of media files. Not sure why its not pointing to the correct folder path. I added all my photos in the one drive folder and now they are available in the game. If I delete those files, then the game shows no available photos to select from. I really don't get it.

Good news is I'm rebuilding all the billboards, and then will have to work on rebuilding the missing pieces...which appear to be random buildings that were in the game.