Renee Feu Adventure Park - Nepal

• 771 replies
Re: Renee Feu Adventure Park - Africa...The Serengeti
« Reply #720 on: October 22, 2019, 05:42 PM »
I still think the autosaves are WAY worse than they used to be.   I can be getting 40+ fps and the minute the autosave fires it drops down to 0-1.

But enough about me, I love your map! I really do hope you release this to the workshop some day, I feel like I could spend a couple of days exploring this place.

« Reply #721 on: October 22, 2019, 06:01 PM »
I still think the autosaves are WAY worse than they used to be.   I can be getting 40+ fps and the minute the autosave fires it drops down to 0-1.

But enough about me, I love your map! I really do hope you release this to the workshop some day, I feel like I could spend a couple of days exploring this place.
I have been releasing each section as its completed (or at least I think I have been...I have to check). I will also put the full park once its done. Problem is I have sooooo many billboards...almost impossible to manage, but let me know if you want/need them.

« Reply #722 on: October 22, 2019, 06:04 PM »
here is the coaster part of the Congo
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1716098779

here is the Port of call/entry
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1700090912

I will post Africa tomorrow

« Reply #723 on: October 22, 2019, 07:49 PM »

« Reply #724 on: October 23, 2019, 04:21 AM »
Will do!  Tempted to hold out for the full park at once but maybe a few little up-close peeks will tide me over :D

« Reply #725 on: October 23, 2019, 05:52 AM »
Will do!  Tempted to hold out for the full park at once but maybe a few little up-close peeks will tide me over :D
The full park will not be done for over a year at the rate I'm going right now.

« Reply #726 on: October 23, 2019, 05:53 AM »
Looks FANTASTIC!!!!  How's your computer running?
this park as it stands right now is running 9-12 FPS on the new PC. I was getting 1-3 on the old one.

« Reply #727 on: October 24, 2019, 08:51 AM »
Here is what I have completed to date and how/where it fits into the whole park.

And here is an overall plan reminder of what the part will look like.

« Reply #728 on: October 26, 2019, 12:18 PM »
Here is the final recap video of this land. Enjoy and watch for a new land with the next post....NEPAL!!!!

Offline Plokoon111

• Darkride Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: October 26, 2019, 12:55 PM »
Good video!

« Reply #730 on: October 28, 2019, 10:49 AM »
Moving onto Nepal. This land is mostly inspired by two things. The Nepal portion of the First Indiana Jones film, and The Nepal section of DAK.

Here is my first crude drawing of what I planed for this land.

I added a few colors to help explain how my mind works.

-Gray comment in upper left: this was noting that I needed to research DAK (Disney's Animal Kingdom). Looking on line to get building architecture, etc.

-Purple comment in the upper right indicated that I thought this might be Tibet originally, then changed it to Nepal.

-Pink is the centerpiece of the land...a snow capped mountain...

-Yellow: the Mt. would house a coaster of sorts zipping in and out of the rock work. The light blue note was a possible name of Raven's Claw for the coaster...and as you will se later, this ended up being called Raven's Wing.

- Green - The Raven. A restaurant inspired by the tavern of the same name in the Indiana Jones movie. This would serve a dual purpose as the queue for the coaster as well. The note in red indicated to research the look of the tavern from the movie.

-various colors along the bottom are the plan to have prayer flags placed throughout the land as decor.

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
Re: Renee Feu Adventure Park - Nepal
« Reply #731 on: October 28, 2019, 02:46 PM »
Nepal looks like it'll be exciting and beautiful. I knew there would be a coaster like Raven's Wing here; with all the snow and mountains, you just gotta have a Matterhorn Bobsleds type of ride. It would be a sacrilege not to. I have a fondness for coasters zipping through mountains. I include them in almost all my (RCT3) parks.

« Reply #732 on: October 30, 2019, 07:38 AM »
Here is a second concept drawing I did for this land.

In this one you can still see the main plan of having a mountain (in pink), with a coaster in and on it (green lines on mountain).

The darker green building is the Raven restaurant and load station for the coaster, but the addition here with this angle is that there is a Kathmandu type street (in blue) that leads through the heart of the land with the Raven at the end of the street. While the final results swayed a bit from this concept - - it turned out really really close to this as you will see later.

The darker pink circle on the mountain is the temple lift flat ride...I wanted to incorporate this into the terrain of the mountain somehow.

Some of my other notes indicate that the back side of the mountain (that will face Egypt) will be more plain and flat, that I want to add a gondola station that will go to another part of the park (you will see I added this, but have it starting in what will be the Egypt area, but passing through the edge of the mountain and this land), and that the land will be a sort of raised island (to help with the mountain/higher elevation illusion) with the pathway circling the outer edges.

« Reply #733 on: October 30, 2019, 09:54 AM »
I should really be taking a lesson here... planning parks in advance yields better results (and helps avoid start-overs!)  And yet, I continue to fail.

Lots more going on from the second photo; in the first I was worried this land would be much smaller than the others.  And this will possibly be the best (and one of the few) incorporations of that weird temple ride! 

« Reply #734 on: October 30, 2019, 12:33 PM »
I should really be taking a lesson here... planning parks in advance yields better results (and helps avoid start-overs!)  And yet, I continue to fail.

Lots more going on from the second photo; in the first I was worried this land would be much smaller than the others.  And this will possibly be the best (and one of the few) incorporations of that weird temple ride!
no worries - -this land is packed with goodies.

« Reply #735 on: November 01, 2019, 07:19 AM »
Here is what this land looked like early on the build. I first raised the 'island' to meet my plan, mentioned above, to have a raised area with cliff-like edges around. this is really early in the process before any fine tuning terrain work was done.

Then I started adding a planned path route (that also does get fine tuned as the land takes shape). You can also I see I started to place some structures to get the general feel of what this will look like. In this shot the beginnings of the market street are placed, the main building for the Raven, and a few other random buildings.

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: November 01, 2019, 04:29 PM »
I always like this 'blank slate' part of an area that I'm just getting started on; I suspect you do too. I'm guessing that, like me (and most people), you have a pretty good idea of what you want to do, and it's fun to picture it in its completed state and watch it progress.

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: November 02, 2019, 03:30 AM »
This makes me giddy.  I LOVE behind-the-scenes stuff and concept art!   :o :love:

« Reply #738 on: November 04, 2019, 07:19 AM »
So the next thing I did was start to place flat rides (to get a general location of where they will be and to make sure spacing works out ok). Then I placed a few more pieces of scenery and a few more buildings. I also started building the coaster and added the gondola ride, again starting it in the Egypt area and just have it pass through what will be the mountain edge. I also added a few more feeder paths to this land.

And then I move the flat rides a round a bit to fit them (and the queue) in better. Here you can see I started the terrain building around the coaster as well.

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: November 04, 2019, 12:57 PM »
I'm wondering what that ring-shaped area is (near the center) with all the ramps going around, and up, the sides... But I guess we'll find out soon enough.

« Reply #740 on: November 04, 2019, 01:34 PM »
I'm wondering what that ring-shaped area is (near the center) with all the ramps going around, and up, the sides... But I guess we'll find out soon enough.
That is the load platform for that rising temple flat ride. I built it into the Mt side so it starts already in a raised position

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: November 04, 2019, 03:05 PM »
Ah. Okay. Seems obvious now that you mention it. :n00b:

« Reply #742 on: November 06, 2019, 07:24 AM »
Then we move into the phase where more details are finished. Here the mountain is more completed...it still needs all the final painting and fine tune manipluation, but this is real close to what the final land formatting will end up looking like.

More buildings are added and the flat ride positions are adjusted as well. Also, some of the scenery details are starting to take shape.

I do jump around a lot from section to section in this stage to keep the overall plan in place and to make sure anything I do will not totally wipe out something else.

Then as I start to add details, I break the area down into way smaller sections to fully finish...like work on the market street, then the back of the street, then the bridges to the land, then the area around the flat rides...etc.

« Reply #743 on: November 08, 2019, 07:53 AM »
And here is what the finished land looks like. All the land painting is completed, the terrain details are put in, all the plants and detailed scenery items are also finished.

Offline Darknight

• Explore Our Universe
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: November 08, 2019, 08:46 AM »
Awesome job on this! Love the overview shot as well. It gives us a good idea of just how massive the scale is of this park. I also think you did a great job on the mountain terrain, it looks very realistic and natural.

Online shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: November 08, 2019, 12:34 PM »
WOW! Absolutely gorgeous.
Browse the Best of the Workshop at the Planet Coaster Depot

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: November 08, 2019, 01:06 PM »
Best. Land. Yet! I think I say that about every new area you show us. :n00b:  Really breath-taking. I like the row of flags between the mountain peaks. All the pagoda/temple type structures add lots of interest and color to the area. And the sky temple ride is the perfect exclamation point!

« Reply #747 on: November 08, 2019, 04:18 PM »
THX guys. Lots of details still to come to share from this land. Seems like it took forever to build (didn't help that I switched computers in the middle of it).

Offline Plokoon111

• Darkride Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: November 08, 2019, 07:14 PM »
Great update for sure! The land gives me a Wonder world vibe which is great!

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: November 09, 2019, 07:50 AM »
That architecture...I just can't even...  This is so beautiful, man.