Renee Feu Adventure Park - Nepal

• 906 replies

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
Re: Renee Feu Adventure Park - Nepal
« Reply #810 on: January 18, 2020, 04:18 PM »
I like the name of the restaurant: "Yak & Yeti". Those 1930's vehicles really make this look like a scene out of an Indiana Jones movie.

« Reply #811 on: January 19, 2020, 01:40 PM »
I like the name of the restaurant: "Yak & Yeti". Those 1930's vehicles really make this look like a scene out of an Indiana Jones movie.
thats copied from Disney's Animal KIngdom

« Reply #812 on: January 20, 2020, 06:33 AM »
Lets now look at what I call the Cliff Hanger section of this land. It has a flat ride and a hotel...both called the Cliff Hanger. Cliff hanger meaning like a mountain climber,  but appropriately, both also are perched on the cliff's edge.

« Reply #813 on: January 24, 2020, 09:20 AM »
entrance to the Cliff Hanger queue

A nice shaded queue that leads up to the ride building

Waiting to board

Inside...this is an faux rotor type idea I made this into...get it...Cliff Hanger!

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: January 24, 2020, 09:57 PM »
The Cliff Hanger ride really is a beautiful building. Not sure if it's from the workshop (with your embellishments) or one that you built; either way, it looks great. I wondered what kind of ride you put in there. I thought maybe it was a launched freefall, a la RCT3. (does PC have one of those?) I'm guessing that you're using only the first sequence of the Round-Up ride; like shyguy did with his Rotor; letting it spin but not letting it tilt up.

« Reply #815 on: January 25, 2020, 05:32 AM »
The Cliff Hanger ride really is a beautiful building. Not sure if it's from the workshop (with your embellishments) or one that you built; either way, it looks great. I wondered what kind of ride you put in there. I thought maybe it was a launched freefall, a la RCT3. (does PC have one of those?) I'm guessing that you're using only the first sequence of the Round-Up ride; like shyguy did with his Rotor; letting it spin but not letting it tilt up.
yes - just the spin cycle on the ride...no tilt. and yes - from the workshop with modifications. its actually a few workshop items stacked.

« Reply #816 on: January 27, 2020, 08:57 AM »
Here you can see how the Cliff Hanger ride...actually hangs on the edge of a cliff as well.

The in park hotel

...which also hangs on a cliff edge

« Reply #817 on: January 30, 2020, 06:32 PM »
Couple of night shots of this area

« Reply #818 on: February 03, 2020, 02:13 PM »
a couple more night shots from around the Nepal Island

« Reply #819 on: February 07, 2020, 01:53 PM »
Couple of more night shots from around this land

Offline cody

• Unlock the magic within!
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: February 07, 2020, 06:45 PM »
I guess if I want to travel to different countries, I need to get admission to this park. It looks magnificent and all of the details are incredible.

Offline Shiftzie

• French Crator in Planet Coaster ;) !
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: February 08, 2020, 02:45 AM »
Really nice place ^^ ! love the work on the street <3

« Reply #822 on: February 11, 2020, 02:23 PM »
So, I figured I would provide a bit of the behind the scenes, or how I transform workshop items to what you end up seeing in the park. Focusing on the main market street of Kathmandu. First lets look at the east side of the street. this was primarily made up of the workshop post of:
Pirate Theme Facade  by Pezzilla

Here is what it looks like when down loaded.

Its a great base to start with, but it was a bit too straight for what I was looking for, so I selected parts of this street scene and moved some buildings forward or back. I also raised some up  2 or 3 stories. Replaced some of the roofs for more variety and added billboards to many of the facades so I could have a wider range of stone/brick textures.

Also added tons of scenery piece to the building, in front of them and in the street. And as you have seen I added signs and wires everywhere as well.

One additional note is that the back of these buildings were unfinished and I had to build/add all those from scratch as you will see later.

Here is the result of the changes from about the same angle/view as above.

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: February 11, 2020, 08:29 PM »
I figured there was a lot of 'wowman magic' put into these workshop downloads. I was right. ;)

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: February 12, 2020, 08:42 PM »
Hey, I saw my big red restaurant in there.  But the Cliffhanger and its hotel are way better ;)   And I LOVE how you modified that row of buildings to make the realistically chaotic Kathmandu street scene.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2020, 08:59 PM by Bullethead »
-Bullethead
NIHIL INIQVIVS QVAM ÆQVITATEM NIMIS INTENDERE
My Steam Workshop page

« Reply #825 on: February 13, 2020, 12:46 PM »
Looking back over at the other side of the street. I started with a workshop item  from Bullethead.

(Nepali Mainstreet 1)

This side was more about dressing it up, adding shops inside the open doorways, and connecting stuff from the other side of the street. Actually one of the less modified workshop items I have used (mostly because Bullethead creates some very complete structures).

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: February 17, 2020, 08:38 PM »
You certainly made this building feel right at home with all your realistic street clutter.  This is a copy of a real building in Kathmandu and you decked it out as it really is.  I KNEW you'd be the one to put this thing to proper use ;)
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

« Reply #827 on: February 18, 2020, 06:02 AM »
THX. And now a look at the backside of your building.

While not as extreme as the main street side of the building, the back alleyway did have some signage added, a cart, path and some trees...for a more quiet guest experience than the hustle and bustle of the main street.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2020, 06:04 AM by wowmanrct »

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: February 19, 2020, 07:45 PM »
You certainly made it look way better than I intended.  I must meant that to be a backstage loading dock.  But you took it a few levels further ;)
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

« Reply #829 on: February 20, 2020, 12:37 PM »
Looking back on the other side of the street (where the "pirate theme facade" was used. I mentions that this was truly only the front of the buildings. AS you can see the back of this strip of facades was not even touched when I started.

Here is the end result from about the same angle as the 'before' shot above.

As you can see, I had to build out all the backs, some more beefy than the others and also revise many of the roof tops. There were shops, etc. in many of these, but they also form one side of the priority queue for the flat ride that ended up back there.Higher up in the image you can see where I also added the queue for the temple flat ride behind the buildings.

« Reply #830 on: February 22, 2020, 01:11 PM »
One last before and after. This is again the back side of the main street, but more specifically looking at the queue area for the flat ride.Some of the backs of street buildings are being placed around the shops inside. The priority queue is placed (with rails that will be removed later to give more of a random placed open walkway. I do it this way to mark the actual path location so that I don't build or place scenery over it). The faux ground is also placed to cover the actual pathways and give a more cohesive feel to the entire area. Also note that the buildings between the priority queue and the normal queue are built yet either.

And here it is with everything built out and all the scenery placed.

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: February 22, 2020, 08:33 PM »
I really like the green awnings all splayed out over the queue. You always find original and unique ways to theme your queues (and everything else.)

« Reply #832 on: February 26, 2020, 06:37 AM »
THX JB

Let's take a closer look at Condor's Nest.

Here is the queue entrance (on the left). I wanted the queue to have the feel that you were entering and walking down the back alleys of Kathmandu. To the right you can see a small street side noodle shop (Mr Wok Chow Mein by Fricker)

Bird's eye view of the entire ride area. I love the way it turned out and how it nestles up against the base of Mt. Raven.

« Reply #833 on: March 01, 2020, 03:02 PM »
here is a closer look at the queue for this ride. This is the entrance before the priority queue splits off.

Under the shaded canopy

The main queue circles the ride platform area

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: March 04, 2020, 04:46 PM »
Really excellent work fleshing out that pirate facade and making it your own.  And I will always marvel at your "faux ground".  And I agree with JB, the green awnings fit right in, both exotic and fitting to the surroundings simultaneously.
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

« Reply #835 on: March 05, 2020, 07:43 AM »
THX - sometimes I wonder how I come up with these things. I had mo plan...it just kind of happened.

Here is a bird's eye view of the queue layout for this ride. Green is the standby queue, purple is the priority queue path, and the merge where it turns red.

Here is what its like to walk through the back alley priority queue

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: March 08, 2020, 06:02 PM »
Gorgeous stuff!

And your remark at the top brings to mind a story.  In 1916, during the Battle of Jutland, the German High Seas Fleet found itself steaming head-on into the broadsides of the British Grand Fleet.  The Germans did the only sensible thing and all ships did a U-turn to escape the overwhelming Brit fire superiority.  At this time, it was getting late in the day, the weather wasn't great, and great masses smoke from big guns and coal-fired boilers further reduced visibility, so the Germans got away easily.  But after a few minutes, they again reversed course and went straight back into inferno.  This time, they didn't escape so easily, but ultimately they did.

A year or so later, some junior officers got the commander of the High Seas Fleet, Admiral von Spee, drunk one night.  Taking advantage of this, they ask him why he had ordered the fleet back into the trap it had just escaped from.  And von Spee answered, "How did the Virgin get the baby?  it just happened." :D
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

« Reply #837 on: March 09, 2020, 09:07 AM »
Ha. Nice.

Here is looking down on the priority queue area

Here is a bird's eye view of the entire ride area

Offline wabigbear

• Gringo en Brasil
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: March 09, 2020, 11:34 AM »
Just absolutely love those narrow twisting streets, so realistic!

« Reply #839 on: March 13, 2020, 07:10 AM »
THX again!!!

Here are a few night shots of this ride area.