Renee Feu Adventure Park - Egypt

• 978 replies

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
Re: Renee Feu Adventure Park - Nepal
« Reply #960 on: November 30, 2020, 01:02 PM »
The muted/faded coloring really makes the image look like an old postcard. Maybe even hand-tinted.

« Reply #961 on: December 04, 2020, 12:29 PM »
Here is an overview map of the full park. The completed areas are not grayed out. Nepal is the area in the upper center of the completed area. Next I will be working on the entire right side of the map in a very expansive Egypt area.

« Reply #962 on: December 08, 2020, 03:08 PM »
Here is the whole park (or at least most of it) to show how the completed lands fit in with the whole plan.

Egypt is next as as you can see in the faded out area its well underway already.

« Reply #963 on: December 13, 2020, 08:28 AM »
Here is the full park map without any line overlays.
First is what has been completed to date.

and the full park

Re: Renee Feu Adventure Park - Egypt
« Reply #964 on: December 16, 2020, 12:02 PM »
So, lets move to Egypt. This section of the park will be the biggest yet...taking up just about the entire east side of the park.
My plan is that it will have a Cairo area, Desert area, and oasis area. I will provide updates as each section is completed.

I also plan on providing some more behind the scenes/building progress from this area as it has been going really slow.

So here is my very crude mental plan of what I wanted in this land. this covers the Cairo/Desert areas, as I didn't really know I was going to have an oasis yet. This also take some inspiration on the main rides and layout from what I did in my Indiana Jones park back in the RCT3 days.

- The blue line in the lower part is the (Nile) river passing the entire land.
- The green line is the train ride passing through the land
- The purple circle is the Tail Tale of the Black Scorpion coaster. The initial plan was to have this as a laydown flyer-type coaster as that what I had in the previous park. You will also see later that this moved onto the other side of the train tracks.
- The yellow and orange section was a temple of some sort that was going to hopefully have a jeep ride (like it was in the RTC3 park) and (like Indy Jones ride). It was going to part inside and part outside the temple, but we never got a ride like this in game (still waiting)...so later you will see how that ride had to change.
- The brown pile (?) in the upper left is a toboggan type coaster that rides along the sand dunes...again inspired from my previous park.

Here is more of a close up detail of what I wanted the jeep ride/mummy temple to look like. The temple stayed, but the ride totally had to change.

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: December 16, 2020, 01:31 PM »
Such fine-tuned detail in the sketches! :P  The toboggan through the dunes piques my interest. Sounds like something I would like to go on (and like to build), don't know why, really. I'm sure the other attractions will be much more heavily themed and detailed. It all sounds good. I've been looking forward to the Egypt area of the park. :)

« Reply #966 on: December 16, 2020, 02:00 PM »
this is called a quick brain dump

« Reply #967 on: December 20, 2020, 07:27 AM »
more brain dump drawings...

this is the Cairo area plan in my head. It would have a street with shopping and places to eat, and a plaza with a fountain that would offer a cool place in the heat of the day.
The yellow line is the train moving through and around this area.
The background has the dune coaster you saw in the earlier drawing.
And maybe some sort of auto ride, like old autos driving through the desert and around a village?
The blue is the river in the foreground.

And the oasis area would have a pond, like a mirage type area.
More shops and the train continues through this area as well.
Anchored by a large wooden coaster and 1-2 flat rides, maybe in temple type structures.

« Reply #968 on: December 25, 2020, 04:28 PM »
So this what a land looks like when I start. it contains a rough layout of what my plan will be. It has blueprints and workshop items that I have gathered over time and just plopped down in a general area that I think I may be using them. Some survive and same get scratched. Most rides are not built yet. Premade rides are placed in the plan if I can do so.

This first view is looking north at the Cairo section of this land.

here is about the same view a little further into the build.

Sone more rides and paths have been added, much of the clutter has been removed, and some of the details are being now being added. No where close to being done yet, but making progress.

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: December 25, 2020, 06:26 PM »
It already looks interesting and detailed. A lot of people would consider this complete, as it is now. And yet you've still got to add all your magic touches to it. I'm wondering what that castle/palace structure is just this side of the dune coaster. Your 'highly detailed' sketch shows an old-time car ride in this general area, but this seems to be something else?

« Reply #970 on: December 29, 2020, 06:11 AM »
Well - if where I think you are talking about...it is a market area with a bunch of small buildings...that I think from this angle look like a castle maybe? and the car ride is no where near this area...not sure why you can tell that from my drawings??? :)
The car ride is actually back between the front steel coaster you see hear and the far wooden coaster in the background.

Here is a different view of the same Cairo area looking more down on it. This first shot is again, when selected/planned pieces are just plopped down to start to get the creative juices flowing.
JB, here you can see that market area a bit better.

And the same view after the coaster was added and many of the details getting started.
Note that I swapped out the station for the boggen coaster to be more of the Egypt theme than what came with that blueprint.

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: December 29, 2020, 03:04 PM »
Ah, okay. I went back and looked at the map again (such detail!). I misread the word Cairo as Car Ride (or something), so that explains that. I musta been hopped up on eggnog at the time... or maybe you need to improve your handwriting! :P

« Reply #972 on: January 03, 2021, 10:16 AM »
Moving down a bit towards the desert area. here you can see the initial draft of how things might be laid out for this area...but...

Here you can see that I added the train station and totally revised the track for the train after it leaves the station. It now goes all around the desert area instead of heading right out of this land to the left. Replaced the dune coaster station. moved paths around. Added a flat ride. Pushed the wooden coaster back more to the park boundary. Also started adding the terrain work around the coaster. Also, adjusted the path of the gondola ride a bit.

« Reply #973 on: January 08, 2021, 05:17 AM »
here is some insight to what will be the oasis part of this land.

Again, a mess of pieces and rides dropped down in a high level plan that will be changed greatly.

the next stage, you can see the flat ride building has moved, other structures have been cleared out, pathing has been more defined (but not finalized), and the coasters have been rotated and relocated.

« Reply #974 on: January 12, 2021, 04:01 PM »
Here is the Cairo section after some clean up and the start of the steel coaster being built.

The same shot after the scenery around the coaster is about completed.

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #975 on: January 12, 2021, 05:47 PM »
Neat comparison. Top image = Six Flags, bottom image = Disney. Theming makes all the difference.

« Reply #976 on: January 17, 2021, 06:51 AM »
and thats not even completed yet!!!

Here is a random shot I took of the entrance to the roller coaster being built. eventually it will look like two large scorpions fighting and the fence and surrounding area a bit destroyed.

« Reply #977 on: January 22, 2021, 06:54 AM »
I don't do these very often, but here is a build video of this scenery section shown above. May give you some insight into how I build.

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: January 22, 2021, 10:39 PM »
I love the 'destroyed' scenery caused by the fighting scorpions. I bet stuff like that is fun to do, as well. It's different from the usual structures and you don't have to be precise with the placement. I noticed that the finished scene in the video is a bit different than the screenshot from your previous post. I'm guessing one of them is an older version?