Renee Feu Adventure Park - Egypt

• 1043 replies

Offline RCT D!

• Creator of Grimestone Mine - The VAULT - Periculum
    • View Profile
    • RCT D! - YouTube Channel
Re: Renee Feu Adventure Park - Egypt
« Reply #1020 on: April 21, 2021, 01:25 AM »
Very nice and realistic park. The queue looks realistic and the coaster is well integrated. I don´t like the huge building and terraforming in the second picture. Especially the mountain around the building is too artificial. Perhaps add some plants and gras. You can shape the mountain more detailed as well.

« Reply #1021 on: April 23, 2021, 08:47 AM »
Another view from this path

« Reply #1022 on: April 27, 2021, 02:28 PM »
Here is the back pathway that cuts under the coaster to get to the market area.

« Reply #1023 on: May 02, 2021, 11:05 AM »
Jumping back to where the main bridge enters this land...if you turn left, you head down the main street.

It heads out between the train station/tracks on the right and the river on the left.

Offline RCT D!

• View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: May 05, 2021, 06:42 AM »
I like the second picture of the last update. Looks interesting and vivid. Detailed area.

« Reply #1025 on: May 06, 2021, 11:55 AM »
A little plaza along the main street and also by the river.

The boat launch queue on the left

« Reply #1026 on: May 08, 2021, 07:44 AM »
At the end of the main street there is another small group of buildings that form a market type area. It has narrow alleyways and shady areas to cool off and rest.

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: May 08, 2021, 04:21 PM »
It's neat how the torches provide some illumination even during the day. Very cozy and inviting.

« Reply #1028 on: May 17, 2021, 10:53 AM »
Yep - this game does that sometimes if the lighting is in a dark enough area.

Sorry for the delay in updates for this park. Been out of town for a while.

Lets jump back over to the far back corner of this land where there is a larger market area. I called it the Sima Oasis. This is accessed by walking under the coaster either from the train station plaza, or from way back by the flat ride called The Nubian Slide (past the Mummy dark ride).

Here is the entrance to the market from that pathway.

Again, most all this was used from workshop items and manipulated as needed to fit my area. I also added some embellishments like flower pots, doors, windows, signs, etc.

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: May 17, 2021, 03:18 PM »
I really like that orangey building with the towers (minarets?), green finials and pink roof. Lots of eye-candy there.

« Reply #1030 on: May 20, 2021, 09:42 AM »
More of this market area. I am struggling getting guests to walk this way, but part of the issue may be that I don't have many people in the park to keep FPS under control more.

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: May 20, 2021, 02:36 PM »
I like the idea of the sun-shades providing some relief from the mid-day heat and brightness.

« Reply #1032 on: May 24, 2021, 10:32 AM »
Curse of the Mummy. Dark ride using the Kuka arm vehicle. I know I mentioned this before, but this ride was a real struggle for to build. I really envisioned so much more out of it as far as animations, movie clips, opening doors, etc., but just couldn't fully pull it all together. Had an especially tough time getting the vehicle positioning to work correctly for me. So after months of going back many times trying to fix this...this is what I ended up with. Please look past the stuff that wasn't working correctly and the failure of a story line that just never made it to the level I really wanted.

Story at a high level. Follow an archeologist through his search for the hidden mummy treasure room, but along the way the mummy's curse is released and you will have to contend with the adventure and perils that follow.

Anyway....here is the entrance to the building/queue.

The building exterior. The faux front was intended to hide the show building...thus the weird rock work that is out of view of the guests.

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: May 24, 2021, 03:27 PM »
Wow, the front façade is BIG! Truly impressive.

« Reply #1034 on: May 28, 2021, 07:12 AM »
Once you enter the building, the queue splits and the priority queue goes to the right and is a much shorter walk to the actual load station.

The regular queue goes to the left and is much more involved. I added a few dots on this shot to show the basic flow of the queue around all the scenery.

More switchbacks

« Reply #1035 on: June 02, 2021, 06:48 AM »
Lets do a few ride photos.
The load platform.

First you pass by a shrine to the king that this tomb is dedicated to.

In the scene transition tunnel you encounter a few friends.

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: June 02, 2021, 05:53 PM »
Haha. With friends like these...

Offline Plokoon111

• Darkride Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: June 03, 2021, 06:47 AM »
Loving the ride! Looks like fun!

« Reply #1038 on: June 07, 2021, 01:05 PM »
Round the bend and there is a deep well of sorts with an elevator, where you first meet Dr. Pinecutt...the host character that will appear throughout the ride.

and then into a chamber where some work is being done...and the curse is first unveiled...things start to go wrong.

There are explosions, things start to fall, and the ride vehicle spins about out of control.

After regaining control, you enter a long hallway where lights/lasers appear and you are about to enter into the mummies territory.

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: June 07, 2021, 04:05 PM »
I can imagine the excitement (and perhaps fear) that real-life riders would experience as their vehicle starts to twist and gyrate. The chaotic movement makes the scenery/sets even more exciting (and confusing).

Offline RCT D!

• View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: June 09, 2021, 02:50 AM »
I like the fact that the robo car tracks the scene and adds a lot to the scene. The car itself turns into the protagonist and important aspect of the story. The track dig is so huge, it must be very expensive. Perhaps you can use the Planet Coaster Mod so that you can control the robo car a lot better and more detailed. If you need a link fort that mod you can ask. It´s game changing in relation to rolleercoasters and car control.

Offline Plokoon111

• Darkride Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: June 09, 2021, 04:49 AM »
Digging the rides progression! The lighting gives a lot of nice mystique to the vibe!

« Reply #1042 on: June 13, 2021, 09:26 AM »
Entering the mummy's minion lair

More digging

Offline Plokoon111

• Darkride Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: June 14, 2021, 03:03 PM »
Uncovering some more interesting details in this last update wow!