Disneyland - Disneyana Shop

• 8 replies

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
Disneyland - Disneyana Shop
« on: August 26, 2018, 04:21 PM »
Disneyana Shop

Greeting guests at the east side of Main Street is the Disneyana Shop. This shop is a favorite of Disney collectors, featuring a huge selection of Disney collectables (some rare) and limited edition prints.

The Disneyana Shop was not always in this location. In fact, it has moved around Main Street a couple times before recently taking up residence here. Originally, this building was the Disneyland Bank of America, which housed a working bank featuring all the services you'd expect from any real world bank.

The Bank of America operated seven days a week, including holidays, and occupied this location from 1955 -1992. After that, the site offered multiple services, including currency exchange, ATM access, the annual passport headquarters, and in 2009, housed the Disney Gallery, which had moved from its previous location in New Orleans Square. The Disneyana Shop moved in during 2013 due to the expansion of the Market House, it's then next door neighbor.

The nostalgic mural on the south side of the building has been preserved and is still here today.

The Disneyana Shop's new home is a perfect fit for the shop, giving it more space than it has ever had.

You can still see remnants of the old Bank of America inside the shop.

Teller station #5 is still intact. It's just serving a different purpose.

The bank's old vault is still here as well.

It now houses rare and valuable collectibles, like these antique items.

You can order from a huge selection of prints and choose the moulding to frame it with.

There's a great selection of Disney figurines for sale.

Figurines by Jim Shore.

Mickey and Minnie

A selection of Disney-themed oil paintings.

Here are Disneyland attraction themed paintings.

Beauty and the Beast

Jack Skellington

Haunted Mansion Busts

The Gallery of Lights collection features lit mini framed scenes.

There are two more galleries behind the front section of the shop.

In the front gallery is a reproduction of an artist's studio.

Your typical cluttered artist's station.

The back gallery features walls covered with Disney art and paintings.

During certain times of the day, you can watch a Disney artist at work.

Coming next, a view of the many paintings and art pieces on display in the galleries.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2018, 04:28 PM by shyguy »
Browse the Best of the Workshop at the Planet Coaster Depot

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
Re: Disneyland - Disneyana Shop
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2018, 06:38 PM »
Re: The antique figures in the vault- Can't tell what they're made of; hard rubber? ceramic? plaster? But I notice that Mickey, always the attention hog, is occupying the uppermost position. :P I wonder if that's his original tail; it looks fragile. And whaddya know, Tinkerbell and me are the same age! Looking forward to seeing more of the artwork.

Offline cody

• Unlock the magic within!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2018, 06:44 PM »
I have always loved the stores/galleries that display different paintings and figurines and other art pieces. I feel like I would spend a long time in the Disneyana shop and probably spend a pretty penny. I recommend the Epcot International Festival Of The Arts for those looking for specialty pieces and the chance to meet the artists who make them. I got the Hollywood Tower Hotel print signed by an Greg McCullough and was super excited because he told me to look for hidden mickeys within the print. Anywhere that has Disney art is a winner in my opinion.  :D Awesome post shyguy!

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2018, 07:49 PM »
Re: The antique figures in the vault- Can't tell what they're made of; hard rubber? ceramic? plaster?
The figures are hand-carved wood.

I have always loved the stores/galleries that display different paintings and figurines and other art pieces. :D Awesome post shyguy!
Thank, cody.:)

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2018, 02:52 PM »
Front Gallery

In the front, wood-paneled gallery, you'll find mostly framed and matted prints, along with a few paintings and sculptures.

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2018, 03:17 PM »
I always wanted to get some original art from Disney, but can't find myself to ever want to pay that much for it.

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2018, 04:29 PM »
I always wanted to get some original art from Disney, but can't find myself to ever want to pay that much for it.
Same here. :)

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2018, 10:52 AM »
Back Gallery

Where this shop shines is in the back gallery, where you'll find a huge selection of colorful oils and acrylic paintings. (And some very high price tags too!)

Offline corkscrewloop

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2018, 11:58 AM »
These are fantastic pictures. Thrilled to see what you can buy there! As with their parks and attractions, they also have their own level of souvenirs and merchandising... And the way they put it in scene is an attraction itself. :) Thanks for those fantastic DL pictures, I like all of them!
My Workshop: Steam Workshop