Lake Jeronimo: Supernova

• 39 replies
Re: Return to Lake Jeronimo
« Reply #30 on: June 19, 2019, 05:02 PM »
Well, I think you have permission now.  But I'd rather see more of Pharqueson Farms.

Offline Cinestri0

• Livin' Like Larry
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 19, 2019, 05:41 PM »
Beautiful terraforming with the hills and the trees! I love the look of it! :D

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 19, 2019, 07:56 PM »
I like the bright, summery pastel colors. They lighten up the feel of the park and put you in the mood for FUN.

« Reply #33 on: June 20, 2019, 01:04 PM »
Nice to see you revisit this wonderful park! Don't know how you plan to improve it, however. It's just too good already.  :D

« Reply #34 on: June 27, 2019, 05:17 AM »
Thanks, everyone!!

Well, I'd really prefer spending most of my vacation down at the beach so I can go home with the kind of tan that doesn't fade away in 3 days.  But I figured since I'm here, I should probably spend a little bit of time checking out the park above that I helped build.  Before they fired me.

I can tell you that the parking lot hasn't grown much, no visible changes up there, or the main entrance.  So I started with the astronomy themed section (we never came up with a name for it) because I knew there was at least one new thing to see in there.

Turns out, they came up with a name.

The Galaxi is gone, can't say I blame them, an old coaster like that would hardly be much of a draw for a park like this.  The small footprint didn't leave them with a lot of space to work with, but I guess going with a standard out-of-the-box El Loco isn't a horrible choice.

^^I'm not sure it's a good idea for them to leave that kiddie hopper in the same location now that it's directly under the last overbank.  Seems kind of dangerous.  But hey, not my problem anymore.

Not much else in the area seemed changed (I guess it's only been a year), but I did notice a Cosmic Cow in between the new coaster and the observatory.  Cosmic Cow seems to be the new Dipping Dots these days.  Here's a shot of the whole area that I took from the ferris wheel:

Curious what this would look like at night, I used my day pass to get some more pictures before bed.

The new coaster is called "SuperNova" and there's a big orb at the top that lights up with a few special effects.  While riding, I did notice what looked like a couple of other new coasters at the far end of the park, so I guess I have a reason to come back again later in the week.  Assuming I can find time between drinking at the beach and recovering from drinking at the beach.

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
Re: Lake Jeronimo: Supernova
« Reply #35 on: June 27, 2019, 06:09 AM »
The Supernova looks quite nice.  Did you do the supports?

I think the kiddie hopper is fine where it is.  Anything coming off the track at that point will to up and out away from it ;).
-Bullethead
NIHIL INIQVIVS QVAM ÆQVITATEM NIMIS INTENDERE
My Steam Workshop page

« Reply #36 on: June 27, 2019, 06:24 AM »
very nice looking. Love the glowing planets.

Offline CoasterCad

• Imagining since 1987
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 27, 2019, 08:13 AM »
What a great park, good job on the height differences, it just makes things so much more eye pleasing. Love the purple coaster, looks like the real ones.
Let your imagination take you to take great places.

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 27, 2019, 06:34 PM »
You took a ride (Troika) that was already eye-grabbing, and really plussed it with the solar system stuff. And somehow, the wooden fence around it, works here.

Online Nemmie

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 25, 2019, 02:21 PM »
The whole area looks so good. The troika theming gives it a great retro-futuristic vibe that I absolutely love. And you made the El Loco unique. Brilliant, as usual.