Fantasy Kingdom (Placeholder name) a Medieval/Fantasy theme-park

• 13 replies
Hello everyone !
I've had the game for a while but haven't created much with it. I recently started a theme park with a Medieval/fantasy flair.
So far, I've only completed the entrance and 90% of the right-side Main street, but there's more to come !

Here are a few pics.

Hope you enjoy these ! Any comments or criticism is welcome.

PS: If anyone has a good idea for a name for this park, let me know !

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
Re: Fantasy Kingdom (Placeholder name) a Medieval/Fantasy theme-park
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2018, 06:21 PM »
That's some great building of the entry complex and very realistic half-timbered buildings in a charming arrangement.  I do have a nit to pick, however.  If you're going to skew the half-timbers so significantly, IMHO the walls should also be out of plumb as they're all interconnectec.  OTOH, if the walls are all vertical, then the half-timbers should be fairly true, too.
-Bullethead
NIHIL INIQVIVS QVAM ÆQVITATEM NIMIS INTENDERE
My Steam Workshop page

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2018, 09:53 AM »
This has a great old world/medieval look to it. An excellent start. Looking forward to seeing this progress.
Browse the Best of the Workshop at the Planet Coaster Depot

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2018, 03:18 PM »
This has a great old world/medieval look to it. An excellent start. Looking forward to seeing this progress.

Thank you ShyGuy ! Coming from the mastermind behind WonderWorld, this means a lot ! I'm working hard on the next set of photos !

That's some great building of the entry complex and very realistic half-timbered buildings in a charming arrangement.  I do have a nit to pick, however.  If you're going to skew the half-timbers so significantly, IMHO the walls should also be out of plumb as they're all interconnectec.  OTOH, if the walls are all vertical, then the half-timbers should be fairly true, too.

Thank you very much BulletHead !
You got me there  :-[ I hoped no one would notice that architectural mistep... It's really do to lazyness on my part. I actually did make some buildings with askew walls, but later on I didn't feel like going through all the trouble  :whistling:
I guess there no shortcuts possible now that I've been caught ! I'll go back to pushing those timber frames out of whack !

The skewing is actually pretty discreet on the old building I used it :

I'll try to make it mor noticeable on the newest buildings, but that'll probably mean I'll have to do a lot of filling the gaps...

Anyhow, Thanks again for your comments ! Stay tuned for more in the coming days !

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2018, 04:28 PM »
For skewed (as in out-of-plumb) walls, you can't use gridded parts.  I'd recommend the "colourable" panels on the scenery tab instead.  However, some of the haunted house panels on the buildings menu might work, too.
-Bullethead
NIHIL INIQVIVS QVAM ÆQVITATEM NIMIS INTENDERE
My Steam Workshop page

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2018, 02:50 AM »
For skewed (as in out-of-plumb) walls, you can't use gridded parts.  I'd recommend the "colourable" panels on the scenery tab instead.  However, some of the haunted house panels on the buildings menu might work, too.

I also tend to use the Temple set pieces for awkward shapes. It's looking great so far though.

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2018, 02:33 PM »

I also tend to use the Temple set pieces for awkward shapes. It's looking great so far though.

Thanks both ! I started experimenting with both options and it works like a charm !

Here are a few new photos :

I added some railings to the ticket booths at the entrance

Here are the two new buildings placed on the left of the entrance square

The one on the left houses an info booth, while the left one is just a facade.

In other news, I'm toying around with the idea of calling this park : Legendary Realms.
The general idea would be to have this park divided in several realms, a Medieval market town for the entrance area, a countryside, Mythologic isles, a Dark/Shadow realm, and maybe a Nordic village.
If you have any suggestions for a park name or even ideas for lands that fit the med-fantasy theme, be sure to comment !

I'm currently working on a concept-map so I can give you a glimpse of what may come.

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2018, 02:37 PM »
This is so charming and fun! I'm loving how this is shaping up!
I think like I live like I work like I love.....voluminous and disjointed. Get used to it.

Offline cody

• Unlock the magic within!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2018, 10:13 AM »
I already find this to be beautiful and charming. I cannot wait for the storytelling you are going to do with the upcoming experiences.

Offline Nemmie

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2018, 12:49 PM »
I don't know how I missed this until now.
I love all the details on the buildings. There's some really nice shapes too. I can't wait to see how the park looks when the rides start to go in.

« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2018, 02:27 PM »
Thanks guys !

Here a small update :

The left portion of the entrance square is nearly done, a clocktower has been added (Can you guess which real-life theme park ride facade has inspired it ?)

I think the clock-tower works very well from outside the entrance, really draws you in

See y'all next time !

« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2018, 03:32 PM »
love it!

Offline Nemmie

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2018, 03:24 AM »
Brilliant, Brilliant, Brilliant.
I really love all the wonky angles.
May I make a suggestion? I think if you vary the plants in the planters at the front a little, different shapes, colours, heights, maybe a few flowers and small trees, it will bring it to life.
But it all looks amazing. I love it

Offline cody

• Unlock the magic within!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2018, 12:08 PM »
Still loving the buildings! I can already feel the fantasy/magic pouring out into the entrance!