Netflix Studios [Netflix 'n Chill?!]

• 24 replies

Offline Redhair

• Can't... Stop... Playing...
    • View Profile
Netflix Studios [Netflix 'n Chill?!]
« on: September 22, 2018, 05:33 AM »
Hi everyone,

It has been a while since I've been online here. Mostly cause I took an internship and had no time on my hands anymore. But now I've got some more time and did spend it on Planet Coaster.

Long time ago I started a Netflix Studios park (because I'm convinced that one day this will really exist), and I just finished the Main Street.
It's meant to be some kind copycat from Universal Studios, and Universal is also a great inspiration ;)

Hopefully you will enjoy the screens:

(Might change the characters on the billboards in the future, since there are many more originals by now)

The Main Street, in the style of New York.

End of the Main Street when going to the left

And on the right (by entering the park) a big stage for performances.

Water as a central point with a water show.

Trying to keep realism in it (show control room).

Also there will be a village area outside the park.

Come and watch perform Penn & Teller daily :P

My personal goals:
- Using a lot of height differences (stairs)
- Realism
- Usable backstage areas
- Universal as inspiration, but Netflix as brand
- Use Planco language in-game

Notes:
- Some references in the park are from movies/series which could be removed in the future.
- Credits in spoiler, just to be fair :)

Spoiler (hover to show)
« Last Edit: October 07, 2018, 02:42 PM by Redhair »

Re: Netflix Studios
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2018, 06:01 AM »
This is excellent !
There so much potential with a brand as big as Netflix, can't wait to see all the lands and rides. I can definitively imagine how you could use Stranger Things as a Darki Ride or maybe The Marvel netflix shows, Or an original idea for a Black Mirror ride, which instead of being based on an existing episode, would juste be an extension of the series (or you could also re-create the Black Museum from the series)

Lost in Space and Penny Dreadful also have great potential, and to liven things up you could try something with Arrested Development.

Also, a fantasy area with Disenchanted is a given.

Carry on ! So far everything looks fantastic, greatly detailed and built. :D

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2018, 09:11 AM »
HOLY CRAP!  That's considerably more than just a "main street" :D  WOW, really cool stuff there!  Those buildings and the entry gateway are stunning!  And that water show is very nice, too.

Good to see you back.  I've noted you on Steam toiling away lately and have been wondering what you were up to.  Looks like you're putting your time to good use :)
-Bullethead
NIHIL INIQVIVS QVAM ÆQVITATEM NIMIS INTENDERE
My Steam Workshop page

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2018, 09:17 AM »
This looks excellent!

There's a lot of potential to produce some pretty cool rides. Looking forward to it :)

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2018, 09:50 AM »
Great to see you back, Redhair! And this park is looking fantastic. Can't wait to see how this develops.
Browse the Best of the Workshop at the Planet Coaster Depot

Offline Redhair

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2018, 01:55 PM »
 Thank you so much for the comments all! Makes my day  :blush:

@TheWZRides
Can I hire you as parkplanner? Great ideas! Disenchanted will definitely be part of the park, watched all the episodes... It just belongs in a Netflix park ^^ Maybe a darker part in the park with Black Mirror, Series of unfortunate events (by far my favorite original) and Stranger Things, but we'll see :)

@Bullethead
Thanks Bullethead, it feels really good to have some more time on my hand and 'be back' :)

@Mackie1985
Thank you very much Mackie, hopefully it will all turn out great :P

@shyguy
Thank you shyguy, feels good to be back. And wow, your forum is looking good. Last time I used it the design was totally different, way to go! Compliments to you!

Really excited about the positive feedback :)

Also decided to make more Netflix-related ads in the park (instead of random coca-cola).
« Last Edit: September 22, 2018, 01:59 PM by Redhair »

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2018, 03:02 PM »
this is looking great and has already been mentioned...great theme/topic. Still a studios park, but different. Can't wait to see more.

Offline BBordewyk

• Just another armchair imagineer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2018, 04:23 PM »
Where's the iconic "Hollywoo" sign? ;D

Offline matejakezman

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2018, 12:05 PM »
You need Bojack the Ride

Offline BBordewyk

• Just another armchair imagineer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2018, 02:44 PM »
Pretty sure this also needs a "Netflix N Chill" ice cream parlor. :n00b:

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2018, 02:48 AM »
I was thinking Trailerpark Boys and Narcos ;)
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

Offline Scaramouche

• Will you do the fandango?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2018, 05:15 AM »
What a marvelous idea! La Casa de Papel would be a perfect narrative for a coaster!

Offline Redhair

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2018, 06:34 AM »
What a great ideas, all! Thank you so much for the input!
I have to be honest, a lot of those series/films are new to me so I should start watching them to recreate them in an attraction.
For now: I watched the Ridiculous 6 this weekend so I can make a stunt show out of it.

But all your input will be considered, thank you all very much for thinking with me :)

Offline Redhair

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2018, 12:21 PM »
Hey all!

I'm back with a small coaster update. I would like to show you the inside of the Subway/Studio 6.
I must say, I started creating this coaster when MIB was still on Netflix. Nowadays it isn't anymore. Unless anyone knows a kind of similar movie-scene from an original, I'll pretend it's licensed :)

Scene this coaster is based on:

The images of MIB, mission Jeff:

The entrance, in the middle of the Main Street.

Following the queue which leads to a typical subway station.

A launch in a subway itself.
Will Smith's dialogue here:
"Big boy... Transit Authority people, please move in to the forward car we got a bug in the electrical system.
Yo people! We got a bug in the electrical system!"
*Launch*

Picture from inside with flash on.

The end of the ride, what is a MIB experience without the bright flash which makes you forget everything?

Block brake after the flash. Will Smith with another dialogue:
"Thank you for participating in our drill.
Hopefully you will enjoy our new smaller, more energy-efficient subway cars.
Mind your step and have a nice evening."

Here you will meet the world again.

Picture from inside, thanks to Homebanner.
I used his Rock 'n Rollercoaster layout from the Workshop.

Schematic top view. Red is queue, orange is coaster storage/transfer track. Blue is the ride. Green is exit.

Notes:
I will give up the personal goal only using Planco, it will be a mix of Planco and English.
Credits again in the spoiler just to keep up.

Spoiler (hover to show)
« Last Edit: September 28, 2018, 12:25 PM by Redhair »

Offline Grrt

• Where's the kaboom?
    • View Profile
Re: Netflix Studios [New coaster: MIB Mission Jeff]
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2018, 12:31 PM »
Damn, I wish I was creative enough to come up with a ride like that! Fantastic idea, and very well executed.

Offline cody

• Unlock the magic within!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2018, 07:45 AM »
This park is really neat! I love the concept and I am very excited to see more because this is fantastic!

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2018, 10:21 AM »
I love how dark and atmospheric the queue is. Will there be any effects during the actual ride...maybe at least a billboard image of Jeff the Worm? ;)
Browse the Best of the Workshop at the Planet Coaster Depot

Offline Redhair

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2018, 07:43 AM »
Damn, I wish I was creative enough to come up with a ride like that! Fantastic idea, and very well executed.

Well, I have to be honest, lot's of ideas are inspired by other creations :)

This park is really neat! I love the concept and I am very excited to see more because this is fantastic!
Thank ;you very much!

I love how dark and atmospheric the queue is. Will there be any effects during the actual ride...maybe at least a billboard image of Jeff the Worm? ;)

Thank you Shyguy. The queue appears less dark on my computer, my monitor has the option 'Gaming' which makes everything a bit brighter. So it should be less dark actually :O

Effects need to be implemented but I'll do it somewhere in the future. Jeff is definitely going to make an appearance :)

Offline zeroG

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2018, 09:04 AM »
Out-standing work here! I love the entrance plaza and Main Street arial. So many details and very realistic execution of the whole scene.
Just perfect! Then I like the water show area a lot too.
I would love to see a specific Netflix production theme used for a ride or coaster.  "BRIGHT" would have bee a good choice instead of MIB. It is an Netflix production and it has Will Smith in it as well ;)
"Altered Carbon" would be a great SCi Fi theme if you had something like that in mind.
But I am sure you will come up with some great ideas by your own if I see what you have done so far. Excellent!

greetz
zeroG
FREE YOUR MIND AND YOUR ASS WILL FOLLOW YOU

Offline Redhair

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2018, 02:41 PM »
Thanks for the tips zeroG!
I'm probably going to change the MIB ride to an Original, but watching all those series and movies takes a lot of time. But like all the other recommendations, I take them seriously and will watch it :)

--

Hey all!
It's a week later, and I've been building an entree to a small Western area (since that's quite easy with the in-game theme and I had it already in mind).

With creating a new area I had several 'problems'. One is the big studio where the roller coaster is inside, which means the attention must be drawn to somewhere else. Second problem was separating the central area and the new area in style.

Hiding a big studio is quite intensive and even hard for Copperfield. So, I created a big The Ridiculous 6-sign with a stunt show behind it. This is still in progress, so I can't really show it yet.

Separating the area's is done with a restaurant (ready for next update to place boxes). The restaurant is split, one side is Western, the other side is generic.
Thanks to BBordewyk for the Ice cream parlor idea. It's a grill and chill restaurant :) Hope you like the screens and hints and tips are very welcome :)

The advertisement.

Left open spot is entrance to the western area.

The Chill ;) Also with Ice Cream parlor on the outside. Restaurants are connected and should be seen as one.

Western side. As you can see through the tree; it is connected but a completely other feeling.
This idea is inspired from Disney restaurant where one part is main street and other part (I believe) Enchanted Tiki Room (?).

Top view, here you can also clearly see the shortcut to the western area.

Notes:
The Western area is not meant to be painted red. This park is a lot of concrete and 'made by human', so there are stones place for the feeling. But in fact those are sculptures/fake.
The fake third floor in the yellow middle part was necessary to hide the Western building tops.
SEASON 2 OF BIG MOUTH IS OUT! So I'm wasting my time on Netflix :P

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
Re: Netflix Studios [Netflix 'n Chill?!]
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2018, 03:58 PM »
Superb buildings and path edging!  I especially like the lamps around the "generic" side of the restaurant.  How'd you do that?
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

Offline corkscrewloop

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2018, 01:59 AM »
Amazing work! The coaster with the queue is perfect imagineering and the area with the paths and buildings feature very beautiful, inspiring architecture and atmosphere... :) - Any plans on orange is the new b...?
A lot of greets, Corkscrewloop
My Workshop: Steam Workshop

Offline Redhair

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2018, 10:18 AM »
Superb buildings and path edging!  I especially like the lamps around the "generic" side of the restaurant.  How'd you do that?

Thanks Bullethead! It's quite easy, it's one of the lamps from the vintage set, sunken into the ground for a bit :)

Amazing work! The coaster with the queue is perfect imagineering and the area with the paths and buildings feature very beautiful, inspiring architecture and atmosphere... :) - Any plans on orange is the new b...?
A lot of greets, Corkscrewloop

Thank you very much!
Orange is one of the biggest Originals, so it should be part of the game. But honestly, I personally think that show is very hard to watch (it's more for women, I think). Soooo... I wouldn't say I'm definitely planning to do it, but also wouldn't say it's not coming... Quite unsure :P

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2018, 04:29 PM »
Thanks Bullethead! It's quite easy, it's one of the lamps from the vintage set, sunken into the ground for a bit :)

D'oh!  So obvious now that you've explained the trick.  See, this is why folks like you push humanity ever forward against the inertia of unimaginative folks like me who would still be knapping Acheulean handaxes but for folks like you ;)
« Last Edit: October 08, 2018, 04:31 PM by Bullethead »
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2018, 04:34 PM »
This park is brilliant.  I love it all!