« Reply #60 on: February 25, 2019, 03:05 PM »
Cheers to the first 200, and 200 more.  :P

Offline Redhair

• Can't... Stop... Playing...
    • View Profile
Re: Netflix Studios [200 years]
« Reply #61 on: March 04, 2019, 05:40 PM »
Thanks JP! Let's go for it!

Today I would like to show you some progress I've made.
As told before, in another topic, there is a lot I've removed. But that wasn't shown in this topic yet.
@Bullethead, I'm very sorry but I am reconstructing the area next to the Stranger Things area. This means I've removed your coaster for now  :blush:

On the right side of the park (which was empty so far) is going to be a futuristic area. Also a chairlift in the generic theme.

Huge stage on the right of the main street (shown before) has now some lights and light/audio control.

Following that route you'll find "Chair to air"

Eventually there is a big futuristic statue, this must lead to the new area!

Made a switch for the water effect, hope this will help some people in the future with performance ;)
Also, it's just fun!

Water! This attraction has been reused and fine tuned from my old park called Rautmol, not sure if I've ever shown that online.

Very well hidden toilets, idea stolen from the MIB Universal Studios Orlando area.

First Netflix brand in this area: Final Space themed cookie restaurant.

Seen from the other side.

The big coaster of this area: "Star Trek Discovery; recruiting now" (work title).
This is going to be a Hulk-like coaster.

Close up entrance.

That's it for now, still building for this huge project of a coaster.

Overview futuristic area.

Also created a backstage delivery depot behind the western area. This is where all the food, merchandise etc. will be delivered to the park. From here it's our job to bring it to the whole park. (Isn't it small? Well, we got deliveries everyday divided over 15 pick up points. So we should be able to handle it.)

Park overview with messed up textures.

There is still a lot to do and I think this park takes me another 1000 years ;)

Big note:
Anyone who has some tips for the Star Trek coaster, please help me out.
I've never seen the series (shaaaaaame), but thought it will fit perfectly in the park since Netflix creates Star Trek Discovery (at least it's an original).
So any images, sketches and help is welcome!!!

Spoiler (hover to show)

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
Re: Netflix Studios [Star Trek entering]
« Reply #62 on: March 04, 2019, 08:38 PM »
I really like the façade of the Star Trek Discovery building. It has an iconic look that sets it apart from the other structures; makes it noticeable. Sort of like the façade of Disneyland's It's A Small World is also iconic (even though your façade looks nothing like IASW)... can you tell I like the words 'façade' and 'iconic'? :P

Offline Nemmie

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 13, 2019, 01:38 PM »
What a fantastic update. I love it all.
The new sci fi area is brilliant.
As for the coaster, how about a launch tunnel, similar to the Hulk. The inside of it could be made from lit billboards with warp effect on them so when you go through it, it looks like you're travelling at warp speed. It would drop out of warp at the end of the tunnel and could fly around a system.

Offline Redhair

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 13, 2019, 03:16 PM »
I really like the façade of the Star Trek Discovery building. It has an iconic look that sets it apart from the other structures; makes it noticeable. Sort of like the façade of Disneyland's It's A Small World is also iconic (even though your façade looks nothing like IASW)... can you tell I like the words 'façade' and 'iconic'? :P

Thanks JB! I get what you mean and see it as a great compliment :D

What a fantastic update. I love it all.
The new sci fi area is brilliant.
As for the coaster, how about a launch tunnel, similar to the Hulk. The inside of it could be made from lit billboards with warp effect on them so when you go through it, it looks like you're travelling at warp speed. It would drop out of warp at the end of the tunnel and could fly around a system.

Great idea Nemmie! I think that's the way to do it!

Offline corkscrewloop

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 15, 2019, 02:38 PM »
I love Star Trek, so can't wait to see what you will do with it!!! The building and queue already looks amazing, so I'm curious on the ride... Nemmie's idea sounds great! The space themed cookie restaurant looks fantastic and also the aerial shot... Such an impressive park!!! :)
My Workshop: Steam Workshop

Offline Redhair

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 17, 2019, 02:20 PM »
I love Star Trek, so can't wait to see what you will do with it!!! The building and queue already looks amazing, so I'm curious on the ride... Nemmie's idea sounds great! The space themed cookie restaurant looks fantastic and also the aerial shot... Such an impressive park!!! :)

Thank you very much corscrewloop. The ride now has a launch tunnel, but I think the coaster itself will be in open air since there are already quite a lot things inside. However, the layout is finished:

Now this update is a thing of the past:
Spoiler (hover to show)

The Aeronauts are deleted (design is saved as blueprint) and made room for a spacious picnic location.
Reason: the kids attraction was randomly planted. I want to create a kids area, not a bunch of random attractions.

Here is the new look, pretty proud of it:

Overview:

Finished "The Wheel" with greenery surroundings:

And made it possible to close off a piece of the queue with bins:

Cheers and let's continue to build since many bugs are fixed :)

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
Re: Netflix Studios [Picnic]
« Reply #67 on: April 19, 2019, 10:43 AM »
I like the new picnic area!  It really looks inviting with gardening and the tasteful pavilions!  The gardening around the star wheel is top-shelf, too!
-Bullethead
NIHIL INIQVIVS QVAM ÆQVITATEM NIMIS INTENDERE
My Steam Workshop page

Re: Netflix Studios [Picnic]
« Reply #68 on: June 22, 2019, 07:03 AM »
Sorry for the thread bump, but I just spent the weekend binge-ing on Stranger Things for the first time.  Loved the show, and then immediately came back here to look for this thread.  Did you ever finish the upside down ride, or maybe at least the theming on the dark ride portion?  I wasn't able to fully appreciate the brilliance of that attraction until now :P