"Pirosa" Fireworks Display

• 7 replies

Offline TheClowner

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
"Pirosa" Fireworks Display
« on: September 22, 2018, 05:48 AM »
So I've started messing around with the fireworks in planet coaster now, so heres the first minute and a half of a show I'm planning.

What do people think so far?

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
Re: "Pirosa" Fireworks Display
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2018, 10:17 AM »
What do I think so far? I think it's pretty dang awesome! This must have been a lot of work to do. The timing, coordination, and overall presentation are excellent.
Browse the Best of the Workshop at the Planet Coaster Depot

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2018, 11:25 PM »
Damn, that's quite impressive, Clowner!  Really nice choreography and I like using a static ferris wheel as a stage / launch pad.  Really neat :)
-Bullethead
NIHIL INIQVIVS QVAM ÆQVITATEM NIMIS INTENDERE
My Steam Workshop page

Offline TheClowner

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2018, 05:02 AM »
Well I've got through the next two songs now... it's not too bad to do once it's all planned out, since it's just putting whatever I've written on the many sheets of paper around my desk into a sequencer....  or more to the point, about 20 sequencers so far.

(apart from the fact I decided to try and do it all in a scenario where money is a thing.... fireworks are more expensive to fire than I was expecting...)

Offline TheClowner

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2018, 08:10 AM »
I've now gotten through the first 5 tracks, of 7.

Still a few bits to tidy up in the earlier sections.

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2018, 05:09 PM »
That was extremely well synced to the music and was a very entertaining and imaginative show.  I really enjoyed it.

The only question I have is in the beginning, sometimes the St. Catherine's wheels are firing asymmetrically, like 2 on 1 side and 1 on the other, or the 2nd from the left and the 3rd on the right.  Is that intentional?  It looked a bit odd to me.
-Bullethead
NIHIL INIQVIVS QVAM ÆQVITATEM NIMIS INTENDERE
My Steam Workshop page

Online JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2018, 05:34 PM »
^ I noticed that, too. I sort of thought they were guitar chord fingerings. But I play keyboards, not guitar so I'm not sure. Now watch, TheClowner will step in here any minute and say ''No, it's just random''.  :P

Offline TheClowner

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2018, 03:53 AM »
The asymmetry is intentional, but they are just random.

I just felt it would fit in well with that intro guitar part. Maybe I was subconsciously thinking guitar chords :P

It's also a shame those Catherine wheels and roman candles don't really 'burn out' like the real ones would, they just instantly come in and stop and it doesn't quite look right to me still.