(WIP) Disney's Grand Adventure Park (Sister Park to Walt Disney's Kingdom)

• 23 replies

Hello,

I've been mentioning splitting these parks up properly for a bit of time now as they seemed to get caught up in each others thread, so this is the separate thread for 'Disney's Grand Adventure Park'  which is a sister park to 'Walt Disney's Kingdom' which can be found here...

https://www.shyguysworld.com/index.php/topic,20337.0.html

Anyway, this park started off as a kind of side project to the initial main park but it quickly became evident that there was scope to do a lot more things with this that I couldn't really fit into the other one. Therefore, it grew and grew. All of the shots below are works in progress and are a bit rough round the edges for the time being, however hopefully it shows what I've been working on in a good light. Like the Kingdom park, I plucked a few small bits off the workshop that I felt were exceptional and deserved to be showcased. These are integrated with my own stuff.

The intention is for this to be a much smaller park but to expand over time. We have 3 main areas at the moment:
Entrance & Crossroads of the World
Hollywood Boulevard - This will host 2 rides on opening including the 'Twilight Zone Tower of Terror' and a smaller dark ride showcasing Disney animation studios.
Paradise Boardwalk - The No. of rides are still to be worked out but it will include a high speed roller coaster themed around Crush & Squirt (Name TBD) This area is in very early stages.

I've included a few shots from the entrance area, including Monorail station and transport hubs and some of feature elements. I've also added a few videos which were in the previous posts.
Hopefully it's not too bad :)

Offline cody

• Unlock the magic within!
    • View Profile
YES! This is going to be spectacular! You are only fueling my creativity for my Disney's Hollywood Studios, so I am excited to see what you are cooking because I am in love with everything you have already created. Congrats on another project!

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
Looks like a great setting for the Tower of Terror :)
-Bullethead
NIHIL INIQVIVS QVAM ÆQVITATEM NIMIS INTENDERE
My Steam Workshop page

YES! This is going to be spectacular! You are only fueling my creativity for my Disney's Hollywood Studios, so I am excited to see what you are cooking because I am in love with everything you have already created. Congrats on another project!

Thank's Cody! I'm enjoying this project at the moment and nothing so far has seemed like an effort.....long may it continue!

Looks like a great setting for the Tower of Terror :)

Cheers. I kind of figured that I couldn't let that ride, given the stupid amount of time and effort I had put into it, simply sit on it's own. So I started on a setting around it and then that led to an entire park.

Offline corkscrewloop

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
Hopefully it's not too bad :)

...the understatement of the year  ;)... Your park is absolutely amazing!!! I like that entrance, the sign, the architecture and coloring... I like the way how you build - you make the most out of the scenery pieces! And the atmoshpere is so real. It feels like being there! Fantastic pictures!! And the TOT is like a photo from the real one! :o
A lot of greets, Corkscrewloop :)
My Workshop: Steam Workshop

...the understatement of the year  ;)... Your park is absolutely amazing!!! I like that entrance, the sign, the architecture and coloring... I like the way how you build - you make the most out of the scenery pieces! And the atmoshpere is so real. It feels like being there! Fantastic pictures!! And the TOT is like a photo from the real one! :o
A lot of greets, Corkscrewloop :)

You're very kind, thank you!

A small quick sneak peek at our other big attraction, in VERY early stages.....

Offline nazmakhan

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
This shot is a work of great artistic value. :o I'll be looking forward to next.

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
Surf's up!  Damn, very nice weenie, there, Mackie!  I can't argue with the art shapes anywhere near that well.
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

This shot is a work of great artistic value. :o I'll be looking forward to next.

Surf's up!  Damn, very nice weenie, there, Mackie!  I can't argue with the art shapes anywhere near that well.

Thank you. I'm not happy with it yet but it's a start. Mainly just wanted to see if it could be executed in game how I'd drawn it up. It's a promising start and keeps that cartoon value to it that I wanted. It's the classic Disney problem of trying to make a show house not look like a show house.

Offline andreizsmart

• 'supercoolsuper'
    • View Profile
Some great stuff here and as always great builds. Excited to see your own touches thrown into the mix. Greatly appreciate your decision for placing Hollywood Blvd/Sunset Blvd and Tower of Terror in line with the in-games sunset. Its such an easy planning mistake to miss that once missed at the beginning of building its nearly impossible to fix.
Initiating power transfer...

Some great stuff here and as always great builds. Excited to see your own touches thrown into the mix. Greatly appreciate your decision for placing Hollywood Blvd/Sunset Blvd and Tower of Terror in line with the in-games sunset. Its such an easy planning mistake to miss that once missed at the beginning of building its nearly impossible to fix.

Thanks man. The positioning of the ride/that area of the park was crucial.

Offline cody

• View Profile
I am just in awe! This is going to be fantasic and the concepts are just very fresh and original! Brilliant work!

I am just in awe! This is going to be fantasic and the concepts are just very fresh and original! Brilliant work!

Cheers Cody  :)

A few more quick progress shots of how things are shaping up.

A view back towards the monorail station for the park. It's quite a contemporary design but I wanted that to be a stark contrast to what styles are generally present within the park. Also, I liked the idea and it served as a guinea pig for some stuff within the other park.

Another view back towards the park entrance from within and one of the shops located within the initial courtyard area.

A view into the park from the entrance. There's a couple of MGM Studio inspired elements here. The iron rail bridge which travels across the main street is a tribute to the world heritage site 'Forth Road Rail Bridge' just outside Edinburgh near where I live and allows the monorail to travel through the park briefly as you arrive (very Epcot!). A small Scottish mark on a substantially American dominated theme park! At the back is the main focus point of the park upon entering. A Hollywood icon in the 'Bowl Amphitheatre' and will double up as a location for night time shows etc.

Hope this is to your liking :)

great lighting - makes it look beautiful

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
I like the modern and retro-modern/deco look of this area.  Very nicely done.
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
Looks great so far. Kind of Disney California Adventurish but very much a fresh and original take.
Browse the Best of the Workshop at the Planet Coaster Depot

Delicious!!!!!!!!!
I think like I live like I work like I love.....voluminous and disjointed. Get used to it.

Offline Walle_Epcot

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
I do love a Disney park that's not based on the magic kingdom. This has a nice Disney style and has big potential. This can certainly grow into something special!

Offline cody

• View Profile
I am still in love! The monorail station looks awesome. I am sure there are many surprises for Disney's Grand Adventure Park because the name is very broad and allows for many experiences.

I am still in love! The monorail station looks awesome. I am sure there are many surprises for Disney's Grand Adventure Park because the name is very broad and allows for many experiences.

That's the intention ;) I wanted a Disney park which I could put in ideas that wouldn't fit in others.

I do love a Disney park that's not based on the magic kingdom. This has a nice Disney style and has big potential. This can certainly grow into something special!

Thank you very much.

Thanks for the comments guys  :D

I decided to scrap the 'Paradise Boardwalk' theme. I wasn't really into it and I had deliberately left myself with a small amount of room for that section so it was never going to work out with the Surfing themed coaster in there too.

I've instead opted for 'Character Quay' (name might change). Should allow me to incorporate a bit more into it without cornering myself into purely a boardwalk idea. It's very early days but a quick peek of one building........

The interior is very early on and it's deliberately being made for the restaurant additions arriving shortly.

Offline corkscrewloop

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
Amazing pictures and amazing architecture! That restaurant looks sooo inviting! Fantastic!
My Workshop: Steam Workshop

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
Love Donald's Breakfast Hut!  :D
Browse the Best of the Workshop at the Planet Coaster Depot

Thanks guys. I'm taking a couple of weeks off so should hopefully be back with updates in a few weeks.

Offline cody

• View Profile
I can only imagine the lines for breakfast. I better get a reservation now, even if it is a quick service. Creative idea, in my personal storyline that would fit in Mickey Avenue!