Disneyland - Main Street Hub

• 3 replies

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
Disneyland - Main Street Hub
« on: September 26, 2018, 02:19 PM »
Main Street Hub

The Hub, also known as the Plaza Hub or Central Plaza, is situated at the end of Main Street. It is the approximate center of the park, and like spokes on a wheel, pathways lead from the center of the hub into each of the various realms of the park.

In the center of the Hub is a round park, landscaped with trees and flowers, and lined with park benches. It's a great place to sit and people watch. The Main Street vehicles board here for trips back to Town Square. And this is a prime location to watch the parades and nighttime fireworks shows.

You'll find functional, old fashioned mailboxes here. Mail is picked up here by the staff and sent to the Anaheim post office for delivery. In this day and age of cell phones and email, I wonder just how often these actually get used.

In the center of the park is the Partners Statue, depicting Walt Disney and Mickey Mouse. Designed by Blaine Gibson and first unveiled in 1993, this is a prime photo spot, especially with the Sleeping Beauty Castle in the background.

The plaque below the statue.

The Partners Statue was rededicated in 2001 on Walt's 100th birthday.

Surrounding the statue are eight pedestals with small statuettes of many of the most famous Disney characters. Here's Chip and Dale.

Donald Duck

Dumbo

Goofy

Minnie Mouse

Pinocchio with Jiminy

Pluto

White Rabbit

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
Re: Disneyland - Main Street Hub
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2018, 02:18 PM »

You'll find lots of food and snack vendors around the Hub. This one sells a bit of everything...popcorn, cotton candy, frozen lemonade, chips, and soft drinks.

This is a nice spot to stop by in the morning, if you crave coffee and doughnuts.

There's nothing like fresh-popped popcorn.

Smoked turkey legs have become quite popular and are sold at several locations at the park.

You can get a whole meal on the go here with corn on the cob, chimichanga, chips, and beverages also on the menu.

You'll find the Dapper Dans barbershop quartet harmonizing here and at other spots around Main Street.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2018, 02:30 PM by shyguy »

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2018, 02:28 PM »
Little Red Wagon

The Little Red Wagon is an old fashioned food truck specializing in Corn Dogs. It opened in 1995 and is a homage to the Red Wagon Inn which was the original restaurant that occupied the space behind it which is now the Plaza Inn.

The Little Red Wagon's extensive menu.

Nearby is the Disneyland Baby Care Center.

The First Aid Center is next door to the Baby Center, in the far southeast corner of the Hub.

Online cody

• Unlock the magic within!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2018, 10:07 AM »
I can just hear the music in my head right now. It seems the music of Main Street varies slightly between the parks, but most of it is the exact same loop. I know I have/had a pretzel stand that was known as The Little Red Wagon Pretzels in my Disneyland Park. Beautiful photos I can feel the magic.