September 2018 WDW Trip

• 2 replies

Offline cody

• Unlock the magic within!
    • View Profile
September 2018 WDW Trip
« on: October 04, 2018, 03:16 PM »
Well, I have been procrastinating for a while. I think it is time to share my "research trip" to WDW.

So, the resort plans changed as the party grew to have about 8 guests. One night we had 9, so we changed our Treehouse Villa to a Grand Villa at Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani Village.

We actually went to Disney early. After my Thursday class, we got in the car and went to Disney. We arrived at about 11 PM. I knew as soon as I got in bed I was going to crash, but I just had to take tons of photos of the room!

Considering that Kidani Village is only DVC rooms, the lobby is smaller than Jambo House. At Kidani Village, the only restaurant is Sanaa which is a table service restaurant, so if you want a quick service you will need to go to Jambo House (which we did).

Walking into the room, my mom's jaw dropped. She has not been to Disney in 11 years and has only stayed in one DVC room at Old Key West and it was a 2 bedroom. Her reaction was priceless, me, my dad, and my stepmom were pretty much comfortable and felt familiar while my mom could not believe it was real.

The grand villas at Kidani Village have 3 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms, and 3 balconies. Ours was a standard view, but we still saw some animals! Now it is time for some room photos!

Fun fact: there is a TV in the master bathroom!

Two different rooms but same look and design. The rest of the bathrooms in the unit look pretty much the same (2 upstairs and 1 near the entrance of the room).

Of course there is me with my phone in the mirror. I am not using a fancy camera, just "taken with iPhone."

Okay, so this is where the first post ends. I try to do each day as its own post. The next post will contain a few more room photos, photos at Disney's Animal Kingdom, and some photos at Disney Springs. This trip was just a weekend trip, so it will not be as many posts as the May 2018 trip. I will however see you all real soon!

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
Re: September 2018 WDW Trip
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2018, 05:53 PM »
Wow. You stayed at a Grand Villa at Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge?!! I'm so jealous. :D
Browse the Best of the Workshop at the Planet Coaster Depot

Offline cody

• Unlock the magic within!
    • View Profile
Re: September 2018 WDW Trip
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2018, 06:36 PM »
I have stayed in 2 Grand Villas there, and one at Saratoga Springs. My goal is to get one at Bay Lake Tower so I can blast the firework music with the surround sound.