Weekly Address #62

• 5 replies

Offline cody

• Unlock the magic within!
    • View Profile
Weekly Address #62
« on: October 14, 2018, 09:26 PM »
Good evening everyone! This post includes a few very important points in regards to the future!

I would like to thank everyone for their support for my absence. I am somewhat back to a normal life, and a fresh week is just what I have been needing. I am going to try to keep up with everyone's posts as much as I humanly can, but please do not take offense if I do not comment instantly.

Tomorrow is the deadline for the Halloween Competition that uses Planet Coaster and RCT. You will need to create something original and not already existing. I know I had plans to use one of my parks, but rules are rules. Please show off your scary style for this competition because it will be fun!

SGW does have a Halloween theme. If you are used to the seasonal look you can find it on the home page in a drop down menu. Another way to get in the spirit is to change your avatar to something spooky or even just a costume! There are many ways to get in the Halloween spirit so definitely try these things out!

Future plans call for the Weekly Ambassador to return on January 4, 2019. The final Weekly Address post will be December 28, 2018. I am going to have the due dates on Fridays with a "make-up" on Saturdays. I know I have been doing Sundays lately, but that is expected to change soon.

I will continue to work in RCT3, there has been a big topic about the activity in the RCT Games Board. I for one do not intend on quitting anytime soon. I have too many projects to just get thrown away, so I am planning a ton of posts to get more activity in both my creations and the overall board. I know Planet Coaster is planning on user-generated content. I do have mixed feelings about this, but we will just have to wait and see. That is an entirely different argument that I do not plan on creating.

Overall, there are many plans in place for more activity, as well as bring back what was successful. I hope everyone has a great week! Happy posting!

Weekly Question(s):
What is your favorite custom created content (if that is worded correctly)? What is something you are waiting for to be created?

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
Re: Weekly Address #62
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2018, 10:34 PM »
Re: Weekly Question: How to choose from so much CC?! :o I think Markus Lomberg's (Revolutionary Rides) Invisible track is my favorite and most used custom content (RCT3). Sure, you can turn the tracks off, but then all the tracks disappear.

It'd be great if we had an invisible track with at least one inversion. Then we could put inverted CTR's on it. :up:

Offline Forgath

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2018, 12:28 AM »
Weekly Question(s):
What is your favorite custom created content (if that is worded correctly)? What is something you are waiting for to be created?

I still would like to finish the ship i was building. RCT:W is not working for me anymore (steam conflict?) so i cant update my posts. Here is hoping i might be able to continue it inside PC but i will have to wait if the use of Blender3D is allowed.

Offline Elch

• Berlin, Germany
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2018, 12:56 AM »
Wow, I am happy to hear about the Weekly Ambassador returning! That's great news.

And to answer the weekly questions: Shyguy's wooden railings (Catfish Cove, Water World) are probably my most needed pieces in any park I ever do, so I'll pick them. I also adore the look of the "Merry go round CFR" (not sure who made it), but sadly it has this problem with disappearing so quickly when zooming out.
I still hope for a generic observation tower like the Europa-Park one, just without the Europa-Park logo.

Offline cody

• Unlock the magic within!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2018, 06:12 AM »
I saw someone talk about The Weekly Ambassador and how it should return, so I wanted to give the definite dates and make sure it is known that it is returning. Probably going to do a “park visit” each week where I find a park in the forums and try to act like I really visited it. I have a few ideas to make it a little different than these posts. I am going to research the old Weekly Ambassador and see what worked and what didn’t.

Offline Gravquian

• Herbie Popnecker / The Fat Fury
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2018, 02:08 AM »

Weekly Question(s):

Favorite?  Heck, note sure I can pin that down. Like Jb, mentioned, the RR Invisible Track was a great
addition.  But I was also constantly using cs/cso from SJJr, Weber, DasMatze, Denny, Old Spice, T4L, MGP,
FD7, Fisherman, Vodhin, and many others. Please don't be offended if I didn't mention your name.

Waiting for?  Unknown, maybe I'll recognize it when it gets submitted (or released).  But if I ever finish
some of my many on-going (or stand-by) projects... maybe "it" will be what some-one else is seeking.
I don't have the imagination and (elaborate ?) designing skills that "The Legends" have.  But I will try.
But, I would like to see an update to the "All Cars On All Tracks" utility. Sadly I don't recall
who developed that dandy utility.

---
@ Elch
     Will a static "Sky Tower" {by Albert Caine (Captain EO)} fit your needs?  Just mentioning it.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2018, 02:10 AM by Gravquian »
Cafe.Naver  File  Downloading  Tutorial  ... http://www.shyguysworld.com/Archive/index.php/topic,12722.0.html
 Shameful plugs: Gravquian's Generics & Gravquian's Rug Thread

" A novel set, requires more than novice experience! "