Möraas - The Enchanted Kingdom (Shanty Town - Update #1)

• 12 replies

Offline TheDarkStar

• Whoah dude...
    • View Profile
Möraas - The Enchanted Kingdom (Shanty Town - Update #1)
« on: October 15, 2018, 07:35 PM »

Möraas - A place where nothing is as it seems.

For those of you that remember the 2016 RCT3 Summer Showdown, you may recognise the name of this park, which I'm rebuilding and re-imagining for Planet Coaster! Progress is likely to be slow, but I'll update you as much as I can as I build it, however I only have this one teaser/beauty shot for now. I also have the original scene from RCT3...

Hopefully I'll remember to update this thread with my progress, but if you want to get an idea of what the park may look like, here's the original SSD2016 park thread to have a little peruse:

http://www.shyguysworld.com/index.php/topic,18818.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2018, 06:06 PM by TheDarkStar »

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
Re: Möraas - The Enchanted Kingdom
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2018, 08:16 PM »
Christ on a crutch, TDS, that place sure lives up to its name "Enchanted"!  Simply gorgeous!

RCT3 was before my time so this is all new to me.  I'm looking forward to more.
-Bullethead
NIHIL INIQVIVS QVAM ÆQVITATEM NIMIS INTENDERE
My Steam Workshop page

Offline Cortex919

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2018, 12:11 AM »
Love the vibe of it !

Offline Berlin87

• CEO of Park Eureka
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2018, 03:10 AM »
Oh wow… this is really giving me RCT3 vibes. And that's a compliment!

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2018, 03:31 PM »
looks great

Offline cody

• Unlock the magic within!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2018, 12:39 PM »
Awesome! I do love when members compare/contrast their projects between RCT3 and Planet Coaster. It really shows how ideas can be shared across both games and it even shows the "skill level" of the creator. Well done!

Offline CoasterCad

• Imagining since 1987
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2018, 02:30 PM »
Shit dude, that's way too good.
Let your imagination take you to take great places.

Offline TheDarkStar

• Whoah dude...
    • View Profile
Re: Möraas - The Enchanted Kingdom (Shanty Town - Update #1)
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2018, 06:06 PM »

The Shanty Town - A haven for smugglers, sailors and mischief!

First of all, welcome to the Shanty Town! It is home to three flat rides (Rumrunner's Rest, Lake Monster and Marauder's Mayhem), six food stalls, three drink stalls and one restaurant (although the restaurant is at the border, connecting to Market Street, so I won't show you that yet) as well as a dock for the Möraas River Cruise boat ride. Pictured above is the entrance to 'RumRunner's Rest', a Vekoma Mad-House attraction themed to the disorientating experience of visiting the local inn! It's frequented by smugglers who use the river to sneak goods in to the Kingdom in the dead of night, so be careful of who you may meet!

This next image is of the exterior queue to 'RumRunner's Rest', it's definitely a squeeze, but the attraction has a large show-building behind all of these facades along with an interior queue! 'Rumrunner's Rest' is a great place to go to hear tale of local legends, including that of the 'Lake Monster'...

Moving along the path, we pass a small food outlet (yet to be named), plus the exit of 'RumRunner's Rest' in the waterfront buildings. The owners of these houses are keen fishermen and love the great outdoors, even after the Warlock's spell enchanted the Kingdom of Möraas, but the fishing trade has been quieting down since the 'Lake Monster' started causing havoc to the lower end of the village. (The entrance to the 'Lake Monster' ride can just about be seen, but I'll show it off a little more another time...)

Next up is a small shot of the Shanty Town Dock queue line for the Möraas River Cruise. The views across the lake are stunning, but be careful not to stare... The Warlock is always watching...

And finally, a small plaza area in the Shanty Town, with the queue of the 'Marauder's Mayhem' Monte Leone ride to the left (this was originally a Spinning Barrels ride in RCT3, but I changed it as the teacups in PC are a little too large... and teacup-y). There is a small food shop at the far end and on the right, with toilets and a fast-pass (information) booth dead ahead. A live band performs in the plaza every hour, and they can be seen best from the queue line of 'Marauder's Mayhem'!

P.S. Thank you for the kind words to all who have posted already! This is my first significant build in Planet Coaster and hopefully it will keep you interested in my progress with the game. Anyway, let me know what you think of this update, and I'll post some more another time!

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2018, 06:54 PM »
I really like the quaint dockside look of all this.  Just the right amount of disreputable without scaring off the kids.  But I do hope there's some rum to be found at one of those drink shops ;)
-Bullethead
NIHIL INIQVIVS QVAM ÆQVITATEM NIMIS INTENDERE
My Steam Workshop page

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2018, 09:38 PM »
Really like the haphazard pirate-y architecture here. No building codes in this  place!

Offline Berlin87

• CEO of Park Eureka
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2018, 02:58 AM »
Charming :)

Offline CoasterCad

• Imagining since 1987
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2018, 03:03 PM »
I Love it!!! please post more!!! now!!!!

I just love your style, it's a bit like my style i guess and as far as this style goes mine is mediocre and yours is next level shit, so that must be why.

Cheers, hope you will show lots and lots more.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2018, 03:05 PM by CoasterCad »
Let your imagination take you to take great places.

Offline Nemmie

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2018, 12:54 PM »
This is really beautiful. I love the whole atmosphere of the place. And Hurrah for the Vekoma Madhouse. I can't wait to see how it turns out.