Hello.

• 6 replies

Offline Nikkcade

• Ride on.
    • View Profile
Hello.
« on: October 24, 2018, 05:19 AM »
My name's Nick, but a lot of people know me as Nikkcade. I am an artist, composer, aspiring coaster designer, and now, I'm committing to providing CS content for RCT3, one of my favorite games ever.

For the past few years, I've skimmed around forum posts, and downloaded countless content from the CS Depot, and in that time I've learned to appreciate not only the love and passion that goes into them, but the subtle, yet unique quirks that are present in each creator's works. It makes me happy to know a game I love is still being supported by a large community of passionate people, even in 2018.

However, what really pushed me to get into making my own CS, was learning that user osudenny had passed away. That hit me in the heart.

At first, I wasn't really sure why it impacted me so much, as I had never even been on the forums or talked with him.

But, I began to realize just how tight-knit the community here is and how if one person falls, in a way, we ALL do. But, we push on and continue moving forward, together. That's what made me think "You know what? This is something I should do."

In short, I'm making CS for two reasons: (A:) To honor osudenny and how much he has helped this community with his work and (B:) To continue supporting my favorite game, even after everyone else moves on.

If there's any way I can be of help to someone, please let me know. I have never made a single bit of CS before, so if anyone here can point me in a good direction, I'd appreciate that. My resources aren't the best, but I'll do my absolute best with what I have.

If you have a twitter, you can find me at:
www.twitter.com/Nikkcade

Anyway, thanks for inviting me into the community, and I look forward to making new content, and new friends.

Sincerely,

Nick Tobolski (Nikkcade)

Re: Hello.
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2018, 07:50 AM »
welcome and look forward to see how you participate in the forums.

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2018, 03:24 PM »
Hey, Nickcade. Welcome to shyguy's World. :) Sounds like you're just the shot-in-the-arm (that's a good  thing :P) that this community needs right now. I had pretty much the same reaction to Denny's passing as you, and it was one of the reasons I stopped being a lurker and joined SGW in June of this year. I had been seeing the decline in activity here in the RCT forum for quite a while and wanted to do what I could to help save it from oblivion. The fact is, RCT3 is still capable of things that, at this time, can't be duplicated in Planet Coaster, and perhaps never will be. This isn't about 'us vs. them'; I hate that sort of thing. PC looks fantastic, and in most ways, is  fantastic. But right now, it's sorely lacking in several key areas. I wouldn't be able to build the types of parks/rides in PC that I would like to build.

I'm pretty sure that if the RCT3 custom content conveyor belt started up again, churning out new sets, that this forum would become a lot more active again. I've been meaning to learn how to model and import stuff for years, but have never gotten around to it (yet). I suppose the problem is: so much stuff already exists that there is less incentive to take the time and effort to learn how to create new stuff. That being said, there are probably dozens of sets that I would make, if I ever get around to it. And of course, the seeming lack of interest in RCT3 right now doesn't exactly inspire people to make the effort needed to create new sets/content.

Hmm, I hope my gloom-and-doom speechifying hasn't dissuaded you from starting to create new stuff. ;) Again, welcome to SGW and I/we  look forward to whatever you come up with. :up:

Offline Elch

• Berlin, Germany
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2018, 04:22 PM »
Welcome to SGW!

There are still a lot of things in the RCT CSO world that are "missing", even quite basic stuff. Important and popular themes like India or Mexico never got a convincing set, for example. There's also a serious lack of diagonal awnings. Just examples.

So, the first suggestion I'd have is to find out what kind of objects, themes, etc haven't been done (well) yet, and then do a combination of that and what interests you. Of course you can do whatever you want, that's just my 2 cents :)
The second suggestion would be to focus on something simple but useful, with not too many pieces. Once you are happy with your results and keen on continuing, you can tackle a more sophisticated project.

Good luck, and enjoy our little cosy place here :)

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2018, 11:56 AM »
Welcome to the site, Nikkcade. :)

We were all saddened to hear of Osudenny's passing. Hopefully your contributions will help his legacy live on. Good luck in learning to create CS for the game.

Offline Nikkcade

• Ride on.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2018, 11:49 PM »
Thank you all for the warm welcome. As well as making new content, I would be more than happy to fill in a few gaps in the CSO department. Of course, I still need to learn how its done (actually making this stuff from start to finish), but as my skills improve with original content, I'll take a closer look at what's still missing and try to fix those gaps. :)

guest17302

Making a CTR 3
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2018, 12:55 PM »
My name's Nick, but a lot of people know me as Nikkcade. I am an artist, composer, aspiring coaster designer, and now, I'm committing to providing CS content for RCT3, one of my favorite games ever.

For the past few years, I've skimmed around forum posts, and downloaded countless content from the CS Depot, and in that time I've learned to appreciate not only the love and passion that goes into them, but the subtle, yet unique quirks that are present in each creator's works. It makes me happy to know a game I love is still being supported by a large community of passionate people, even in 2018.

However, what really pushed me to get into making my own CS, was learning that user osudenny had passed away. That hit me in the heart.

At first, I wasn't really sure why it impacted me so much, as I had never even been on the forums or talked with him.

But, I began to realize just how tight-knit the community here is and how if one person falls, in a way, we ALL do. But, we push on and continue moving forward, together. That's what made me think "You know what? This is something I should do."

In short, I'm making CS for two reasons: (A:) To honor osudenny and how much he has helped this community with his work and (B:) To continue supporting my favorite game, even after everyone else moves on.

If there's any way I can be of help to someone, please let me know. I have never made a single bit of CS before, so if anyone here can point me in a good direction, I'd appreciate that. My resources aren't the best, but I'll do my absolute best with what I have.

If you have a twitter, you can find me at:
www.twitter.com/Nikkcade

Anyway, thanks for inviting me into the community, and I look forward to making new content, and new friends.

Sincerely,

Nick Tobolski (Nikkcade)
Hello. Do you know how to make a CTR car for RCT3?