Sea World Hawaii

• 11 replies

Offline Tomes

• View Profile
Sea World Hawaii
« on: October 24, 2018, 02:47 PM »
Starting a new series based around a Sea World park I am building.  This is my first attempt at a youtube series like this so hopefully it isn't awful!

Some screens:

Online Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
Re: Sea World Hawaii
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2018, 07:41 PM »
As a general rule, I don't watch building videos but I might have to reconsider here.  I love the intricacies of your facades and signs and bubbly things so if when I give up on figuring them out, I'll take a peek.
-Bullethead
NIHIL INIQVIVS QVAM ÆQVITATEM NIMIS INTENDERE
My Steam Workshop page

Offline BlueSpirit

• ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2018, 05:32 AM »
I really like were this is going to far and I am glad to see another familiar face pop up in the PlanCo community!

My only tip so far is that I would recommend looking into video quality. The voice-over is good, no need to change that. The video quality itself however is a bit weird. I don't know how you recorded the footage, but it doesn't fill the entire screen and seems to be only 480p. I myself record my videos with Nvidea Shadowplay, but others have also used OBS or something like that. So you might want to check that out if you want to improve that.

Other than that, I like it so far and can't wait to see where you will take this.

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2018, 06:11 AM »
Great to see you posting a park thread, Tomes.   This looks like a great project that offers something a little different, looking forward to more.

Offline Redhair

• Can't... Stop... Playing...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2018, 06:57 AM »
Now this is the right way to use artshapes  :drool:
Looks perfect and great!

Offline cody

• Unlock the magic within!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2018, 08:23 PM »
Looks awesome! I cannot wait to see what experiences this park has to offer.

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2018, 03:33 PM »
It's great to see a new park from you, Tomes. This is the first PC SeaWorld park on the forums (I think) so I hope to see it progress. I didn't watch the video, as I don't have any interest or time to watch Let's Build videos. So I hope you continue to post screenshots along with the videos.
Browse the Best of the Workshop at the Planet Coaster Depot

Offline Tomes

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2018, 12:57 PM »

Thanks for all the comments guys!

I'm still working on the video quality.  My buddy who runs a big youtube channel (185k subs last I checked) is coming over to help give me tips on how to make these not look horrible so hopefully the next one will looks a little prettier.

Online JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2018, 03:04 PM »
Ha! Love the orca ice cream cone. Killer Cone? Or if you wanna really get cheesy: Killer Kone (not to be confused with Killer Klowns From Outer Space.) :P Good job on this. Looking at shyguy's Sea World posts in the Turnstile Tribune, you've definitely captured the look and feel of the real-world parks. :up:

Offline Berlin87

• CEO of Lake Walt
    • View Profile
    • Planet Coaster Fans on Facebook
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2018, 03:07 AM »
Truly ingenious concept, love how you use the art shapes. Hats off to you for building these amazing custom shops. More, please!!

Offline cody

• Unlock the magic within!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2018, 09:49 AM »
Very beautiful entrance. I love how you use what San Diego has done to welcome guests into your park. Fantastic job!

Online andreizsmart

• 'supercoolsuper'
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2018, 10:53 AM »
The Ice cream shamu is great haha. I love that you went with Seaworld San Diego's entrance concept. Allowing guests to interact and experience sea-life the moment they walk into the park as they walk in between coral reef structures really adds a unique and tamed twist on the entry experience for a park. None of that over the top weenie stuff. Just a welcoming way to let guests know where they are, and what their day entails.
Initiating power transfer...