Help Needed With Changing Texture

• 3 replies

Offline curinir

• True nobility is being superior 2 your former self
    • View Profile
Help Needed With Changing Texture
« on: October 28, 2018, 04:48 AM »
I've recently tried changing the textures in Briantjuh94'sPathcovers 2.0, it comes with instructions on how to do so in the set, using the importer. However, it seems to assume you have prior knowledge of making CSO's and doesn't specify any details of what the properties of the texture should be (size of colour pallette, resolution etc; what values do these and any other variables of the texture have to be to work in the importer?). I'm doing something wrong as the original texture looks like this:

But in game it turns out like this:

Anyone know where I'm going wrong? Any help would be much appreciated.

Edit: I've tried using 256 x 256 which is what the beginners tutorial for the importer recommends, still to no avail. Anyone?
« Last Edit: November 01, 2018, 11:13 AM by curinir »

Offline Gravquian

• Herbie Popnecker / The Fat Fury
    • View Profile
Re: Help Needed With Changing Texture
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2018, 10:13 PM »
     Sorry, you will have-to-hope a more experienced cs/graphics creator replies.

I tried to visit the "http://photobucket.com/pathcovers_reference_images" link,
only to receive a message that the album was set to Private. That might indicate
that Briantjuh94, knows there is an issue.  And may be working to fix it.

Is the intended texture seamless?  Best of luck with your project.
Cafe.Naver  File  Downloading  Tutorial  ... http://www.shyguysworld.com/Archive/index.php/topic,12722.0.html
 Shameful plugs: Gravquian's Generics & Gravquian's Rug Thread

" A novel set, requires more than novice experience! "

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2018, 08:59 AM »
I'm not sure I can help because I never created a path cover in the proper sense. Also, haven't used Briantjuh94'sPathcovers. Can't you simply overwrite the orginal png (or jpg) file in the cso sub-directory?

Offline curinir

• True nobility is being superior 2 your former self
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2018, 01:55 AM »
     Sorry, you will have-to-hope a more experienced cs/graphics creator replies.

I tried to visit the "http://photobucket.com/pathcovers_reference_images" link,
only to receive a message that the album was set to Private. That might indicate
that Briantjuh94, knows there is an issue.  And may be working to fix it.

Is the intended texture seamless?  Best of luck with your project.

I'm not sure I can help because I never created a path cover in the proper sense. Also, haven't used Briantjuh94'sPathcovers. Can't you simply overwrite the orginal png (or jpg) file in the cso sub-directory?

Thanks for thr replies. I don't know exactly how, as I changed a few things at the same time, but I've finally got it working correctly  :)

Now this appears to only work for a single texture (I changed texture from the original 1 i tried using at the start of this topic, but that works also), but many CSO'S use multiple texures, so would it be possible to have interchangeable textures in this set?