Things That Are Lacking

• 6 replies

Offline Cinestri0

• Livin' Like Larry
    • View Profile
Things That Are Lacking
« on: November 01, 2018, 09:43 AM »
I don't know if there is a thread like this already, if there is I am sorry for repeating it! But I am generally new to Planet Coaster, and although I've had the game for over a year now, I've only recently started playing it seriously. Before that it was a game I went to when I was bored and nothing serious came out of it. But I've noticed that when compared to RCT3, this game is extremely unfinished. Granted RCT3 had CSOs, CTRs, and CFRs, and maybe one day Planet Coaster will have the same. But for now there are so many things I feel the developers left out and I can't figure out why. Here's a list of things I feel essential to a theme park game, but the devs missed;

-Vekoma SLC
-Vekoma Flying Dutchman
-Intamin Mega (NOT GIGA)
-Just more flat rides in general, I feel this is a very lacking area.
-And for god's sake... a wild mouse, not a spinning one, not a wooden one, a true wild mouse.
These rides are also honorable mentions (but not as important)
-Parachute ride (such as the one at SFGAdv)
-Dare Devil Dive ride (just like at SFGAdv also)
^Both these rides were in base game of RCT3, and I feel they are really good additions to any park.
-B&M sit down
-Some sort of generic Tivoli, at least a train one cause that's what they all basically are
-Not a ride, but some sort of main street building style (like Disney).

Any other ideas? Maybe just maybe the devs will see this (probably not) but hey optimism!

It's just I feel that for a game with such limitless potential, the areas where it's lacking are lacking beyond belief. Maybe these rides are already in the works (like a Vekoma SLC considering we already have an inverted boomerang like cmon), but still.

Offline Elch

• Berlin, Germany
    • View Profile
Re: Things That Are Lacking
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2018, 10:27 AM »
Great idea for a thread (+1 hoping we don't have anything like that yet), as I am in nearly the same situation as you. Just started seriously, last time I touched it was in alpha phase, and I am very underwhelmed with the variety of rides.

Here's my list of imho-essentials that are still lacking:

Rollercoasters:
Schwarzkopf vintage steel coasters (Wildcat, Jet Star, City Jet, etc)
Powered Coaster
Zierer Tivoli (Generic, Ladybug)
And as you said, a normal wild mouse

Tracked rides:
Gentle boat ride with own channel (3-4 rows a 2-4 seats) in ride direction, with tent roof for outside /
without for darkrides
Gentle boat ride for lakes with tent roof (3-4 rows a 2-4 seats in ride direction)
Vintage "open-air" Monorail (trains with 4 cars)
Train with tent roof and seats in ride direction
Generic dark ride cars
Generlc endless dark ride system
Suspended dark ride

Flatrides:
Huss Condor
Sea Storm
Gentle plane ride
Flying Elephants or other cute animals
Madhouse
(and many, many more classics missing)

Other:
Shows
Playground (Modular?)
Bumper Boats
Pedal boats
Alpine Coaster
Minigolf
Fun house

I can't say a lot for scenery yet, but right now I think that there's quite a lack for indoor plants, floors (carpets!), tables and chairs.

Surely a lot more is missing that I haven't thought of now.

I hope they still surprise us. I'd rather have those rides designed as generic as possible to make them as versatile for possible, rather than being tied to a specific theme.

Can't they partner with real ride manufacturers like Huss, Mack, Vekoma, etc?

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2018, 11:06 AM »
It's just I feel that for a game with such limitless potential, the areas where it's lacking are lacking beyond belief. Maybe these rides are already in the works (like a Vekoma SLC considering we already have an inverted boomerang like cmon), but still.

IMHO, it's pointless to complain about such things for 2 reasons:  #1 is, we have no control over what Frontier does.  And #2 is, by all objective measurements, active development on PC has pretty much ceased, so there's little chance of anything major happening or more than a slow trickle of additional content.  If any of these things are ever going to appear, it's almost certainly only going to be in an as-yet still hypothetical PC 2.

So, I find it better to watch the donut, not the hole.  Instead of complaining about what's not there, enjoy what is.  I myself often wish there were other things in the game but, as I have no control over that, I find ways to do without.  There's a huge amount that can be done without any of the things listed here, as demonstrated by everything everybody has done and continues to do since the game's release.  I've got over 2000 hours in the game and haven't come close to running out of stuff to do.
-Bullethead
NIHIL INIQVIVS QVAM ÆQVITATEM NIMIS INTENDERE
My Steam Workshop page

Offline Cinestri0

• Livin' Like Larry
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2018, 11:23 AM »
Great idea for a thread (+1 hoping we don't have anything like that yet), as I am in nearly the same situation as you. Just started seriously, last time I touched it was in alpha phase, and I am very underwhelmed with the variety of rides.

Here's my list of imho-essentials that are still lacking:

Rollercoasters:
Schwarzkopf vintage steel coasters (Wildcat, Jet Star, City Jet, etc)
Powered Coaster
Zierer Tivoli (Generic, Ladybug)
And as you said, a normal wild mouse

Tracked rides:
Gentle boat ride with own channel (3-4 rows a 2-4 seats) in ride direction, with tent roof for outside /
without for darkrides
Gentle boat ride for lakes with tent roof (3-4 rows a 2-4 seats in ride direction)
Vintage "open-air" Monorail (trains with 4 cars)
Train with tent roof and seats in ride direction
Generic dark ride cars
Generlc endless dark ride system
Suspended dark ride

Flatrides:
Huss Condor
Sea Storm
Gentle plane ride
Flying Elephants or other cute animals
Madhouse
(and many, many more classics missing)

Other:
Shows
Playground (Modular?)
Bumper Boats
Pedal boats
Alpine Coaster
Minigolf
Fun house

I can't say a lot for scenery yet, but right now I think that there's quite a lack for indoor plants, floors (carpets!), tables and chairs.

Surely a lot more is missing that I haven't thought of now.

I hope they still surprise us. I'd rather have those rides designed as generic as possible to make them as versatile for possible, rather than being tied to a specific theme.

Can't they partner with real ride manufacturers like Huss, Mack, Vekoma, etc?

Definitely agree on the flat rides you named, and I wish they did partner with those real ride manufacturers, but I suppose they don't. Minigolf and funhouse are a great idea, especially for a boardwalk theme park!

IMHO, it's pointless to complain about such things for 2 reasons:  #1 is, we have no control over what Frontier does.  And #2 is, by all objective measurements, active development on PC has pretty much ceased, so there's little chance of anything major happening or more than a slow trickle of additional content.  If any of these things are ever going to appear, it's almost certainly only going to be in an as-yet still hypothetical PC 2.

So, I find it better to watch the donut, not the hole.  Instead of complaining about what's not there, enjoy what is.  I myself often wish there were other things in the game but, as I have no control over that, I find ways to do without.  There's a huge amount that can be done without any of the things listed here, as demonstrated by everything everybody has done and continues to do since the game's release.  I've got over 2000 hours in the game and haven't come close to running out of stuff to do.

I suppose you're right, I did not mean to come off as complaining, because yes I do love Planet Coaster, it is by far a step up graphically and gameplay wise from RCT3, especially with coaster building. It's just it's frustrating sometimes seeing how the game seems like it's missing such simple things, like the wild mouse and like the Vekoma SLC especially. Because I would love to build a themed Wild Mouse or a Vekoma SLC in a realistic park, it just frustrates me that I can't do it. Trust me the love I have for PC is immense, hopefully maybe they do allow CTRs like RCT3 and maybe my frustration will end  :P

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2018, 03:52 PM »
It's just it's frustrating sometimes seeing how the game seems like it's missing such simple things, like the wild mouse and like the Vekoma SLC especially. Because I would love to build a themed Wild Mouse or a Vekoma SLC in a realistic park, it just frustrates me that I can't do it. Trust me the love I have for PC is immense, hopefully maybe they do allow CTRs like RCT3 and maybe my frustration will end  :P

We have a 2-seat inverted coaster.  Isn't that what a Vekoma SLC is?  As for the spinning mouse, IIRC the spinning is entirely optional in that it's turned on by installing a specific piece of track, which you don't have to use.  Of course, that still leaves you with the arc-shaped cars .  If you don't want that, you can use the wooden mouse, turn off the supports, and build custom steel supports, which really isn't that hard now that we have a bunch of support pieces in the game (building tab under scaffolding).  And for making other types of coasters not in the game, you can mix and match the existing trains and tracks to a fairly large degree (especially if you enable extra swapping in the main menu game options).  It's not perfect, but it's not as bad as it could be.

Anyway, I didn't think you were being negative, I just don't like to be reminded of some of my own pet peeves as I try hard to watch the donut, not the hole ;).
-Bullethead
NIHIL INIQVIVS QVAM ÆQVITATEM NIMIS INTENDERE
My Steam Workshop page

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2018, 05:44 PM »
Chairlift...  :mad:up:

Offline Cinestri0

• Livin' Like Larry
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2018, 02:18 PM »
We have a 2-seat inverted coaster.  Isn't that what a Vekoma SLC is?  As for the spinning mouse, IIRC the spinning is entirely optional in that it's turned on by installing a specific piece of track, which you don't have to use.  Of course, that still leaves you with the arc-shaped cars .  If you don't want that, you can use the wooden mouse, turn off the supports, and build custom steel supports, which really isn't that hard now that we have a bunch of support pieces in the game (building tab under scaffolding).  And for making other types of coasters not in the game, you can mix and match the existing trains and tracks to a fairly large degree (especially if you enable extra swapping in the main menu game options).  It's not perfect, but it's not as bad as it could be.

Anyway, I didn't think you were being negative, I just don't like to be reminded of some of my own pet peeves as I try hard to watch the donut, not the hole ;).

Yeah I should be more optimistic  ;) but nah, the Vekoma SLC has an arrow track, my spoiled butt does not want the B&M track for my SLC, but I guess I'll just manage lol