[WIP] Unnamed B&M Floorless Coaster (Update 2)

• 5 replies
« on: November 07, 2018, 12:07 AM »
This is the first roller coaster I've built using the 4 meter building method, to create a smooth, heartlined layout. I have a on ride POV pre supports, and a time lapse of me working on the supports.

« Last Edit: November 14, 2018, 03:08 PM by Wilhelm1407 »

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
Re: [WIP] Unnamed B&M Floorless Coaster
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2018, 12:51 PM »
Very nicely done, Wilhelm!  Are all those elements hand-made or are some store-bought?  In any case, very nice and smooth.  The supports look perfect, too!
-Bullethead
NIHIL INIQVIVS QVAM ÆQVITATEM NIMIS INTENDERE
My Steam Workshop page

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2018, 11:36 AM »
Very nicely done, Wilhelm!  Are all those elements hand-made or are some store-bought?  In any case, very nice and smooth.  The supports look perfect, too!

They're all hand made, however, it's hard for me as a visual person to make layouts with just the 4 meter sections. I figured out a good method for me though. I made large sections of the coaster normally like a template, and I used pre-made elements in the template. Then I built on top and around the template with the 4 meter sections.

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2018, 01:18 PM »
Yeah, that's how I'd do it, too.

I've been making a lot of life-size compact/portable coasters lately and I frequently have to use 4m track throughout simply because that's all that will fit there.  Folks complain that these coasters are way too smooth compared to the real things :).
-Bullethead
NIHIL INIQVIVS QVAM ÆQVITATEM NIMIS INTENDERE
My Steam Workshop page

[WIP] Unnamed B&M Floorless Coaster (Update 1)
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2018, 11:40 AM »
A small update for you guys. I haven't had a lot of time to work on this project this week. I did however change the color scheme. I kept the purple and black, however I flipped the support and track colors, and made the purple more vibrant.

« Last Edit: November 14, 2018, 03:11 PM by Wilhelm1407 »

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2018, 03:08 PM »
Another small update. I've repofiled the first drop because it wasn't shaped very well. I think it looks better now. I've also started on the Station. I was originally going to go for more theming, however I thought I would save that for when I'm a little more experienced creating buildings.

« Last Edit: November 14, 2018, 03:11 PM by Wilhelm1407 »