Re: Neo Tokyo Studios
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2018, 11:43 AM »
 :o

Browse the Best of the Workshop at the Planet Coaster Depot

Offline Nemmie

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2018, 12:57 PM »
I'm SO excited to see a new project from your good self.
Again, it's a visual feast. The colours are gorgeous.
 It brings back fond memories of my Japan tour I did in April. When I was in Tokyo, I stayed about 100 metres away from the Shibuya crossing  so I was smack in the middle of the craziness.
But what this park really reminds me of is Dotonbori Street in Osaka. It,s truly bonkers and looks like someone took the canal front in Amsterdam, mixed it with Piccadilly Circus and Times Square and then threw in a load of over-sized Planet Coaster theming and went crazy with it. It was pure sensory overload and pure joy. I loved it.
And what you've created definitely has the same vibe and gives me a similar feeling. I applaud you, my friend. I am so hyped to see where this already superb creation goes.

Offline Redhair

• Can't... Stop... Playing...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2018, 01:27 PM »
This is such a cool style (I'm not familiar with it).
The neon and lightning makes it awesome! Does it still look this awesome at daytime?
I could imagine this style in an indoor park... Your pics are very inspirational ^^

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2018, 01:42 PM »
I wish I was more of a traveler so I could comment on the real-life comparisons, but from a pop culture standpoint I think you've nailed it.   
Those first 4 or so pics with the purplish lighting reflecting across the buildings...  it's the perfect seedy cyberbunk street I was trying to go for back in Expo City...  in fact all these photos make me want to grab my wallet and hold on tight!  It's also such a great theme for your perfected style of layering with light and color, there's no way this is going to go wrong.

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2018, 03:14 PM »
Love the neon overload ;)
-Bullethead
NIHIL INIQVIVS QVAM ÆQVITATEM NIMIS INTENDERE
My Steam Workshop page

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2018, 08:14 PM »
Looks crazily exciting. It reminds me a lot of Bladerunner.

Offline zeroG

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2018, 06:37 AM »
:o
thank you, shyguy!

I'm SO excited to see a new project from your good self.
Again, it's a visual feast. The colours are gorgeous.
 It brings back fond memories of my Japan tour I did in April. When I was in Tokyo, I stayed about 100 metres away from the Shibuya crossing  so I was smack in the middle of the craziness.
But what this park really reminds me of is Dotonbori Street in Osaka. It,s truly bonkers and looks like someone took the canal front in Amsterdam, mixed it with Piccadilly Circus and Times Square and then threw in a load of over-sized Planet Coaster theming and went crazy with it. It was pure sensory overload and pure joy. I loved it.
And what you've created definitely has the same vibe and gives me a similar feeling. I applaud you, my friend. I am so hyped to see where this already superb creation goes.
WOW! Nemmie, that is a really great comment. Never thought I could bring back such emotions with my pictures. This is very touching and after so many years of wonderful support this is a special post for me. Thank you very much, Nemmie!

This is such a cool style (I'm not familiar with it).
The neon and lightning makes it awesome! Does it still look this awesome at daytime?
I could imagine this style in an indoor park... Your pics are very inspirational ^^
I´m not familiar with it as well...I got my inspiration from animes, comic books, movies and Pinterest. But it worked out very well with Planet Coaster. I think you call it Cyber Punk for example...
Thank you a lot, Redhair!

I wish I was more of a traveler so I could comment on the real-life comparisons, but from a pop culture standpoint I think you've nailed it.   
Those first 4 or so pics with the purplish lighting reflecting across the buildings...  it's the perfect seedy cyberbunk street I was trying to go for back in Expo City...  in fact all these photos make me want to grab my wallet and hold on tight!  It's also such a great theme for your perfected style of layering with light and color, there's no way this is going to go wrong.
Same wish here!
Thank you so much, JP!
Let´s grab our money and let´s go travel !

Love the neon overload ;)
Than you very much, Bullethead!
Planet Cooaster got some great illumination objects and light effects without them I never achieved that neon style...
Glad you like it!

Looks crazily exciting. It reminds me a lot of Bladerunner.
thank you so much for that compairson, JB!
BR definitley was an inspiration for me. Love the movie. Both of them the old and new ones.

This park gonna be a mixture of different japanese popculture references.
The cyberpunk theme relates to AKIRA and the first coaster is a Quadrouple launch racing motorbike coaster based on the intro sequence of the AKIRA anime.
There will be a GHIBLI Studio area are with a lot references from all the great animes by Hayao Miyazaki.
The parks need a Giga Coaster!
So, we have Godzilla in this park stomping around. And there will be some iconic pop culture things like POKEMON, Nintendo and other video game references.

This whole concept is a real challange for me. Never done it before. But I am highly motivated for it
It´s such a great feedback for the first update so I can´t held myself back and show you some daylight pictures...I like it more at night but it´s nice to watch in broad daylight too.
Hope you like it as well.

Thank you!

greetz
zeroG

WIP TEASER: AKIRA Street Race Champion

FREE YOUR MIND AND YOUR ASS WILL FOLLOW YOU

Offline Redhair

• Can't... Stop... Playing...
    • View Profile
Re: Neo Tokyo Studios - daylight cyberpunk
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2018, 08:41 AM »
I just can't decide...

Night looks awesome, day looks awesome!
It's incredible, I like the post-apocalyptic look in it, the modern look, the Tokyo style... Everything!
Keep it up!

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2018, 02:56 PM »
this is amazing!  I especially love the subway train car crashed up through the subway stairs!

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2018, 04:50 PM »
Heheh, it's even more impressive in daylight with more details visible.  That junkyard where wannabe drifters go to die is hilarious ;)
-Bullethead
NIHIL INIQVIVS QVAM ÆQVITATEM NIMIS INTENDERE
My Steam Workshop page

« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2018, 01:59 PM »
This might be the most original concept I've seen hit PlanCo from a "realistic" park perspective. The amount of detail is crazy good. Love everything going on. Such amazing attention to atmosphere. This place would be a wicked good time to visit in real life. Stunning work!
I think like I live like I work like I love.....voluminous and disjointed. Get used to it.

Offline CoasterCad

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2018, 12:34 AM »
I can't stop looking at the pictures. So many layers in your details. I can't imagine how hard it is to make this concept work, but you are definitely the right man for the job.

Offline MARK

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2018, 05:04 AM »
Wow you do organised chaos REALLY well! I love how there's so much going on, but also clarity in the way it's presented. Well done!