The Curse and the Willow Tree - Darkness Falls [Update 11/14]

• 7 replies

Offline andreizsmart

• 'supercoolsuper'
    • View Profile
Black magic courses through the overgrown roots of a mysterious willow tree, said to be the site where a powerful witch was buried long ago. Legend states that the witch was chained, gagged, and locked away in a wooden box alive and still remains in her grave to this day. A willow tree sprouted from her tomb with its branches and roots coursing with Black Magic, stretching for acres across the forest floor and spreading its darkness throughout. The witch is said to still be alive, buried beneath the willow, casting her magic across the dark forest. In recent years, the forest and the willow has sparked interest in curious tourists drawing large numbers of guests to the area. Approach with caution, and be warned, for any disturbance can cause the curse to be lifted, unlocking her from her grave. Of course, so legend says...

THE CURSE and the WILLOW TREE

Happy Halloween
« Last Edit: November 14, 2018, 06:41 PM by andreizsmart »
Initiating power transfer...

Re: The Curse and the Willow Tree [Update 10/30]
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2018, 11:26 PM »
Simply stunning visuals! The editing really draws you into the environment and captures the atmosphere of the story perfectly! This is a shining example of post editing with a purpose. Particularly in love with the top hat element! Looks as if you're trying to escape the forest and its curse is pulling you back, its... incredibly dynamic!

Offline Pietrix008

• Planet Coaster addict!
    • View Profile
Re: The Curse and the Willow Tree [Update 10/30]
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2018, 03:37 AM »
this looks amazing, I absolutely love the look of the broken down fences, and the tree looks very nice as well. the coaster looks good as well only cant say anything about the layout because i cant see it. the sort of tilted inverted tophat looks very interesting at least. I also like that you edited the pictures, makes it look just a little bit spookier  :). where did you get those people from?

Offline andreizsmart

• 'supercoolsuper'
    • View Profile
The Curse and the Willow Tree [Update 10/31]
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2018, 06:34 PM »
Thanks guys. I love that comparison Maylene. I kind of wanted the coaster to be twisted yet also whip you around to reflect being entrapped in the vinework and thrashed around. Theres a lot of little symbolic moments in the design I created to reflect story and tell it through physical and visual space. Like the image below of the Willow tree and the entrance (also second image in first post) quite literally create the title of the attraction. "The Curse" is played on the video screen just behind the entrance every time the coaster launches and the Willow Tree is well, the willow tree to the right. Which, the way its set up looks like the coaster rises from the top of the tree as it rides along the track which is meant to loosely resemble the twisted vinework.

Also thank you Pietrix008 for your comment. The tophat is called a Banana Roll. The people were added in using photoshop.

Work continues, but this time at night...

Stay Spooky!
Initiating power transfer...

Re: The Curse and the Willow Tree - Darkness Falls [Update 11/14]
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2018, 05:26 AM »
really cool - looks great

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2018, 07:07 AM »
This is looking fantastic!  Looking forward to the finished product :)
-Bullethead
NIHIL INIQVIVS QVAM ÆQVITATEM NIMIS INTENDERE
My Steam Workshop page

Offline Nemmie

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2018, 01:35 PM »
This is outstanding. That last pic is just amazing.

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2018, 01:16 PM »
OMG that looks soooo good!!