PC Build - update

• 14 replies

Offline The Grey

• Professional Roller Coasterer
    • View Profile
PC Build - update
« on: November 29, 2018, 09:15 AM »
So I am skimping out on actually building a computer :( I have to buy two, one for myself and one for my mother, who's all-in-one just shyte the bed.....

Anywho, my budget is 600, for now.... and I still want something great but not to waste money on parts that are going to be replaced by better ones, Would this particular model be a decent starting point?

CyberpowerPC Desktop Computer Gamer Master 2063 Ryzen 5 2nd Gen 2600 (3.40 GHz) 8 GB DDR4 1 TB HDD NVIDIA GeForce GT 1030 Windows 10 Home 64-Bit

Brand
CyberpowerPC
Model
Gamer Master 2063
Part Number
GM2063

Quick Info
Type
Student / Home Office
Usage
Consumer
Processor
AMD Ryzen 5 2600 3.40 GHz
Processor Main Features
64 bit 6-Core Processor
Cache Per Processor
16 MB L3 Cache
Memory
8 GB DDR4
Storage
1 TB SATA III 7200 RPM HDD
Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce GT 1030 2 GB
Power Supply
450W 80+
Operating System
Windows 10 Home 64-Bit

CPU
CPU Type
Ryzen 5 2nd Gen
CPU Speed
2600 (3.40 GHz)
L3 Cache Per CPU
16 MB
CPU Main Features
64 bit 6-Core Processor

Graphics
GPU/VGA Type
NVIDIA GeForce GT 1030
Video Memory
2 GB

Memory
Memory Capacity
8 GB DDR4

Storage
HDD
1 TB
HDD Interface
SATA III
HDD RPM
7200rpm

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883230369&ignorebbr=1

Any input before i buy would be helpful. And any upgrade suggestions from that point as well!

Thanks!

The Grey
« Last Edit: November 29, 2018, 11:26 AM by The Grey »
If it doesn't include either Roller coasters, Music or Hockey... count me out....

Offline The Grey

• View Profile
Re: PC Build - update
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2018, 11:27 AM »
If it doesn't include either Roller coasters, Music or Hockey... count me out....

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2018, 06:02 PM »
You should be able to play the game alright, as long as you don't try to build any big parks. The CPU doesn't quite make the recommended requirements but I think it surpasses the minimum requirements.

But that monitor!! :drool:
Browse the Best of the Workshop at the Planet Coaster Depot

Offline The Grey

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2018, 03:10 PM »
You should be able to play the game alright, as long as you don't try to build any big parks. The CPU doesn't quite make the recommended requirements but I think it surpasses the minimum requirements.

But that monitor!! :drool:

I cannot wait for that monitor!

Any suggestions as to what I need to make this build quite powerful? I am going to have to buy piece by piece for the next 6 months.

I know bare minimum when it comes to PC's. yeah, I'm that guy :(

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2018, 03:41 PM »
It's the CPU that will make the most difference when playing Planet Coaster. A core i7 CPU would be the better choice, but I don't know if you can easily upgrade to that. It depends on what your motherboard supports. But you'd need to talk to someone who knows more about it than I do. And of course you'll first want to see how well this build plays the game. Depending on your playing style, it may be just be enough.

Offline Guitar_Sly

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2018, 08:35 AM »
The Ryzen 5 will be absaolutely fine. We are talking about -10 to -20 % performance difference at CPU limited scenes. Thats not that much, especially when it comes to Planco, where CPU limited Parks are around, lets say 20 FPS, the I7 will give you a "boost" to 24FPS... dont know if this justifies the price difference to the I7.

Why are you want to use a Freesynch Screen on a GeForce Graphics Card? NVidia does not support Freesync, they sell theyr'e own propritary licence cost loaded solution named "GSync" but those monitors are around 150 to 200 bucks more expensive as a freesync variant.

Offline The Grey

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2018, 11:37 AM »
The screen is a community screen, shared by the xbox 1x, my wife's laptop and by my computer [my next buy is a monitor specifically for me and some upgrades.

I know slim to none when it comes to computers and what works well and what doesn't.

What would you recommend for a monitor? First thing to upgrade?

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2018, 01:03 PM »
I wouldn't worry too much about Freesync and G-sync unless you're playing fast paced first person shooters and you need really high FPS. If you only play Planet Coaster, or other slow paced games, don't bother. If you find a monitor you like that has either of these features, then go ahead and get it. But if the price is too high, you really don't need these features. I've always had Nvidia cards, and for the longest time, I had a monitor with Freesync, which can't use Nvidia cards, but it really made no difference. Now I have a Swift PG278QR Gaming computer with G-sync, just because I wanted the best, and I do play high-end RPGs with high FPS. What G-sync does is lock the framerate to the limits of the monitor, so the game looks smoother, and you don't get screen tearing, which looks a little bit like the way it looked when the horizontal was out of whack on old TVs. Planet Coaster doesn't run have high enough FPS to cause this problem, so as I said, if that's all you play, then you'll get no benefit with G-sync.

Offline The Grey

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2018, 07:59 PM »
I've posted pics of the new tower and monitor here https://www.shyguysworld.com/index.php/topic,21108.msg471470.html#new

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2018, 09:18 PM »
Congrats on the new rig!

And because I saw a certain gang tag in the background of one of the pics, I figured I'd play some appropriate celebratory music ;)

-Bullethead
NIHIL INIQVIVS QVAM ÆQVITATEM NIMIS INTENDERE
My Steam Workshop page

Offline The Grey

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2018, 09:30 PM »
Ooh that's heaven to me and my daughter's ears!!!

Am i correct to assume you bleed red And black too? Sucks for my daughter, she gets to start her love of the hawks like i did at her age, 2, from being a great team to falling to the bottom of the pack hard and fast... Yeah I'm crying while i laugh.

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2018, 09:54 PM »
Am i correct to assume you bleed red And black too? Sucks for my daughter, she gets to start her love of the hawks like i did at her age, 2, from being a great team to falling to the bottom of the pack hard and fast... Yeah I'm crying while i laugh.

Well, actually, the Hawks are my bro-in-law's team (and I actually like him), and they're Original 6.  Gotta pull fo rthem.  But they're my 2nd favorite after my Dallas Stars :D

-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

Offline The Grey

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2018, 04:53 AM »
So you too have been let down by Eddie Eagle? Sorry to open up past wounds... But you always have this LEGAL Game Winning Goal!

But its great you like hockey, so you're family! Well..... as long as you aren't a Pens fan  :sneaky: :closedeyes: we keep them locked in the basement and only let them out to poke fun when they lose

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2018, 09:54 AM »
Hockey's my favorite sport, even though I've never played it.  It's got the up-and-down-the-field speed of basketball, the low-scoring intensity of baseball, and the violence of boxing all rolled into 1.  Plus, I get to watch a bunch of yankees and commies beat each other to death with sticks while I sit there and drink beer.  What's not to love  :up:
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

Offline The Grey

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2018, 10:18 AM »
Hockey's my favorite sport, even though I've never played it... Plus, I get to watch a bunch of yankees and commies beat each other to death with sticks while I sit there and drink beer.  What's not to love  :up:

*raises beer in agreement* I concur and 2nd that motion  :up: :2thumbup:

I've been playing hockey almost all my life, just only the past 6 years has it actually been on ice. I play in beer leagues in Tampa and Jacksonville, splitting that time and having 2 kids and being an electronic musician, I have little to no free time. Like my signature says, if it doesn't include music hockey or rollercoasters, I'm probably not interested lol