DCA - Elias & Company

• 7 replies

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
DCA - Elias & Company
« on: December 05, 2018, 02:31 PM »
Elias & Company

Elias & Company is situated on Buena Vista Street and is themed as a large, opulent department store. Elias was the name of Walt's father, as well as Walt's middle name.

The architectural style is very art deco, both inside and out.

There are several departments located in this huge store. We'll being with the Youth Department.

The apparel here caters from teens to toddlers. This is the young children's section.

There's a large assortment of apparel just for girls.

Little Mermaid merchandise.

The Incredibles

Star Wars

There's lots of Mickey themed apparel.

And Minnie, too.

How about some Minnie slippers.

The Elias & Company department store spans nearly a whole city block, and features several more departments. We'll continue our tour shortly...
« Last Edit: December 05, 2018, 02:36 PM by shyguy »
Browse the Best of the Workshop at the Planet Coaster Depot

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
Re: DCA - Elias & Company
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2018, 03:07 PM »
Wow. I don't think you'll find anything more 'Deco' than the exterior of this building. Looks like it has every Art Deco design and motif imaginable. I could stare at it for minutes- oh wait... I did.  :)

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2018, 09:02 PM »
yep - this is one of my favorite exteriors in a Disney park. Very well done

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2018, 06:12 PM »

Next stop...the Women's Department.

A huge selection of women's apparel and accessories are for sale here in this very handsomely decorated department.

Tie dye is back in style.

Merchandise for Stitch fans.

Minnie Ears

Disney character socks...gotta love 'em.

The displays above of the merchandise are colorful and stylish.

The decor here really makes you feel like you're in a glamorous, ritzy department store

These chandeliers just drip with opulence.

How could you not, at the Disneyland Resort?
« Last Edit: December 06, 2018, 06:14 PM by shyguy »

Online cody

• Unlock the magic within!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2018, 06:43 PM »
Very beautiful store. I love the name and its roots. Still makes me wish Disney's Hollywood Studios had Buena Vista Street.

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2018, 09:19 PM »
In the 3rd pic- I'm wondering what those round, red, Minnie things are on the left: Purses? Bowling ball bags? Frisbee carriers? Whoopee-cushions?

It's a little known fact that Minnie and Mickey weren't always a pair. At first, she was going steady with Oswald Rabbit (this was back in the early days- late 1920s, early '30s). To her, he was the bee's knees, the cat's pajamas. She thought Mickey was a nerd, so she fell hard for the flashier, more worldly Oswald. (Minnie has always had a thing for men with big... ears.) Oh sure, she appeared in cartoons with Mickey, and she was very convincing as his sweetheart (she's a professional, after all). But when the camera stopped rolling, Minnie and Mickey fought like cats & dogs, or mice & rabbits, or ducks & chipmunks. But Walt took a shine to Mickey and soon Oswald found himself out in the street, in the breadline (this was in the Great Depression.) Left to her lonesome, Minnie decided to give Mickey another chance (again, the big ears), and the rest is history.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2018, 09:22 PM by JB »

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2018, 12:54 PM »

Next is the Men's Department.

Just like the Women's Department, the Men's is stocked full of stylish apparel, and the room, elegantly decorated.

I love this t-shirt. Although I've never worn Mickey ears, so what does that say about me?

I just think the clothing here is one step above the typical stuff you'll find in many of the other gift shops at the park.

Just like the Women's, the displays above the merchandise are very aesthetic and quite well done.

« Last Edit: December 09, 2018, 12:58 PM by shyguy »

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2018, 01:23 PM »

The final department is a very posh boutique that specializes in women's apparel and accessories.

You can enter directly into the boutique by way of the entrance at the far end of the block.

There's a small plaza outside the entrance.

A popcorn stand sits outside in the plaza.

An ad for the local newspaper is emblazoned on the next door building.

This display greets guests entering the shop.

The sales counter is surrounded by elegant decor.

As if there wasn't enough apparel in the women's department, there's more dresses and t-shirts here for the ladies.

There's also a huge selection of hand bags, some elegant, and others very cutesy, decorated and even shaped like Disney characters.

A great selection of elegant jewelry.

The chic decor at this shop is truly impressive.

The upper displays are also quite lavish and exhibit the upscale theme of the shop.

And that, finally, is the end of this tour of Elias and Company.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2018, 01:26 PM by shyguy »