Universal Studios Florida Recreation

• 111 replies

Offline Darknight

• Explore Our Universe
    • View Profile
Universal Studios Florida Recreation
« on: December 11, 2018, 12:52 PM »
Welcome to a place where you can go beyond the screen and right into the middle of your favorite movies. Here you don't just watch the movies, you ride the movies. In this recreation you will see the iconic Universal Studios arches come to life and be a part of the action that is Universal Studios Florida.

Welcome to Universal Studios Florida!

Offline hhnman234

• RCT3 Forever and Always.
    • View Profile
Re: Universal Studios Florida Recreation
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2018, 01:20 PM »
I love this! Big UO fan here, especially Halloween Horror Nights. Former Universal TM. Wife is current Universal TM. Cant wait to see more!

Offline Darknight

• Explore Our Universe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2018, 06:47 PM »
I love this! Big UO fan here, especially Halloween Horror Nights. Former Universal TM. Wife is current Universal TM. Cant wait to see more!

Thanks! I am a big fan of Universal as well and I am very excited to be recreating this awesome park in RCT3!

Online JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2018, 09:14 PM »
Looks like there's gonna be a little excitement in the ol' RCT3 forum for a while. Thanks to both of you for helping to keep it alive. :up:

Offline cranedude

• "Discount Marble Madness."
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2018, 12:19 PM »
EXCITMENT
Will you do Dragon Challenge please?
"I guess this is why the hairs on our neck stand up every time we walk into a Sears."

FAIRLY ODD FANS FOR THE WIN!

Offline cody

• Unlock the magic within!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2018, 08:09 AM »
This looks amazing already. I am super excited to see the progress. I will say with the resources we have, recreations are not as hard as they were back in the day. The hard part is really staying true to the real park and using a mix of materials. By the looks of it, you are already a member who will impress us all.

guest17302

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2018, 08:23 AM »
This looks amazing already. I am super excited to see the progress. I will say with the resources we have, recreations are not as hard as they were back in the day. The hard part is really staying true to the real park and using a mix of materials. By the looks of it, you are already a member who will impress us all.
Are you going to make a CTR or what?

Offline Darknight

• Explore Our Universe
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2018, 07:25 PM »
EXCITMENT
Will you do Dragon Challenge please?

I might consider doing that as a side project if there is enough interest in it, but for now I am focusing on Universal Studios Florida.

Thanks for the kind words!  :)

Offline Captain EO

• We are here to change the World
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2018, 05:49 PM »
Another former UO TM checking in! I like what you have done so far. I have some custom scenery that I was making for a similar project of mine that I've long abandoned. If you're interested in them, I'll gladly send them your way. I hate to see them go to waste. It's just the arch, some entrance buildings, and an unfinished globe. PM if you want them.

Offline Darknight

• Explore Our Universe
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2018, 09:43 AM »
Another former UO TM checking in! I like what you have done so far. I have some custom scenery that I was making for a similar project of mine that I've long abandoned. If you're interested in them, I'll gladly send them your way. I hate to see them go to waste. It's just the arch, some entrance buildings, and an unfinished globe. PM if you want them.

Thanks for the feedback so far! I sent you a PM regarding the CS sets.

Offline Darknight

• Explore Our Universe
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2018, 08:39 PM »
Welcome to Update #1 of my Universal Studios Florida Recreation! In this update we will look at the entrance of Universal Studios including: the entrance buildings, ticket windows, turnstiles, and a preview of Production Central. 

Update #1: The Park Entrance

Aerial Views of the Entrance Buildings:

Studio Sweets and On Location!

Aerial of the Entire Entrance Area:

Preview of Production Central:

That is all for this update. Let me know what you guys think of the park so far and any suggestions you have. In the next update we will enter into the Production Central area of the park.

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2018, 10:42 PM »
Looking good so far. The entrance looks just like the real one in Florida, with all the surrounding palm trees. I've been there once a few years back, so I look forward to watching this park grow.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2018, 11:42 PM by shyguy »
Browse the Best of the Workshop at the Planet Coaster Depot

Online JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2018, 11:04 PM »
I like that you're using both in-game and custom scenery, Darknight. Your computer will thank you for that as the park gets bigger. The tall palms lining the path just inside the entrance look stately. :)  Not sure about the fencing around those trees though, they sort of overpower the poor flowers underneath. Maybe add a few low-growing shrubs or plants with the flowers to add variety to the height? Not important, really. Just something that caught my eye.

Looking forward to seeing what Production Central has in store for us. :up:

Offline cody

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2018, 10:21 AM »
Looking good! I cannot wait to see you grow and develop, and it all starts with one project. Starting out, you are already setting the bar high which is always amazing. I am excited for this project and I wish you good luck!  :D

Offline hhnman234

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2018, 02:10 PM »
Looking good man! Nice work!

Offline Darknight

• Explore Our Universe
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2018, 04:16 PM »
Looking good so far. The entrance looks just like the real one in Florida, with all the surrounding palm trees. I've been there once a few years back, so I look forward to watching this park grow.

Thanks Shyguy!

I like that you're using both in-game and custom scenery, Darknight. Your computer will thank you for that as the park gets bigger. The tall palms lining the path just inside the entrance look stately. :)  Not sure about the fencing around those trees though, they sort of overpower the poor flowers underneath. Maybe add a few low-growing shrubs or plants with the flowers to add variety to the height? Not important, really. Just something that caught my eye.

Looking forward to seeing what Production Central has in store for us. :up:

Now that you mention it I see what you mean regarding the fences. A couple of taller shrubs/flowers would definitely help that like you said. 

Looking good! I cannot wait to see you grow and develop, and it all starts with one project. Starting out, you are already setting the bar high which is always amazing. I am excited for this project and I wish you good luck!  :D

Thank you.  :)

Looking good man! Nice work!

Thanks!

Offline Darknight

• Explore Our Universe
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2019, 09:13 AM »
Update #2 will be coming very soon!

Offline hhnman234

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2019, 12:30 PM »
Looking good so far!

Offline Darknight

• Explore Our Universe
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2019, 09:31 PM »
Update #2 is finally here! In this update we will enter into the Production Central area of the park and see the completion of: The Boulangerie, Universal Studios Store, Despicable Me Minion Mayhem, Shrek 4-D, and a preview of the Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit rollercoaster.

Update #2: Production Central Part 1

Studio Sweets and The Universal Studios Store

On Location and The Boulangerie

The Boulangerie Seating Area

Universal Studios Store

Despicable Me Minion Mayhem

Shrek 4-D

Production Central Street View

Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit Preview

That is all for this update. Let me know what you guys think of the park so far and any suggestions you have. In the next update we will continue to explore the Production Central area of the park.

Offline hhnman234

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2019, 12:59 PM »
Looking even better! Cant wait to see more!

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2019, 01:26 PM »
Progress is coming along very nicely. And great use of billboards.
Browse the Best of the Workshop at the Planet Coaster Depot

Offline cody

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2019, 07:28 PM »
Looking good! I like the Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit you made, I am lazy and use the CT. I agree with Shyguy because you really hid the Nickelodeon walls well with the billboards. Keep up the good work!

Offline hhnman234

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2019, 06:53 AM »
Agreed with Cody and ShyGuy. Great use of the billboards. When possible, maybe add some custom supports to HRRR.

Offline Darknight

• Explore Our Universe
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2019, 03:56 PM »
Progress is coming along very nicely. And great use of billboards.

Thanks!

Looking good! I like the Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit you made, I am lazy and use the CT. I agree with Shyguy because you really hid the Nickelodeon walls well with the billboards. Keep up the good work!

Yeah I really wanted to use the same building for Despicable Me Minion Mayhem in order to keep the realism of the park. That is how I came up with the idea of using the billboards and like you and Shyguy said, I think it came out pretty good.

Agreed with Cody and ShyGuy. Great use of the billboards. When possible, maybe add some custom supports to HRRR.

Thanks for the feedback. I am actually still working on Rip Ride Rockit so I may add those in if I have time. One of the key parts I want to focus on is the queue line/entrance courtyard as it is not very accurate in its current form.

Offline Darknight

• Explore Our Universe
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2019, 04:56 PM »
Update #3 has arrived! In this update we will take a look at the rest of Production Central. This includes: The Music Plaza Stage, Monster's Café, Transformers the Ride 3D, The Transformer's Meet and Greet, Donkey's Photo Finish, and another look at the Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit. With that said, lets go ride the movies!

Update #3: Production Central Part 2

The Monster's Cafe

Heading down 8th Avenue

Donkey's Photo Finish

Transformers Meet and Greet

You guys think he is an Autobot or Decepticon?

Transformers the Ride 3D (Still Under Construction)

Transformers the Ride 3D Extended Queue

Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit view from Citywalk

That is all for this update. Let me know what you guys think of the park so far and any suggestions you have. In the next update we will enter the New York area of the park.

Offline hhnman234

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2019, 01:20 PM »
This is awesome! I love how you incorporated the billboards into the wall at Donkey's. Transformers is looking very nicely done. I love the mix of in-game and custom scenery! Nice work!

Offline cody

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2019, 04:18 PM »
Looking good! I agree with hhnman234 the transformers building looks great! I used to love making that building in my own style in the middle of studio parks. Keep up with the good work!

Offline Darknight

• Explore Our Universe
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2019, 05:12 PM »
This is awesome! I love how you incorporated the billboards into the wall at Donkey's. Transformers is looking very nicely done. I love the mix of in-game and custom scenery! Nice work!

Thanks for the feedback. Glad you like everything so far!

Looking good! I agree with hhnman234 the transformers building looks great! I used to love making that building in my own style in the middle of studio parks. Keep up with the good work!

Thanks! The only thing I wish I could have for the Transformer's building is the Optimus Prime statue. I could just use a billboard but it would not have the same impact. Unfortunately there are really no custom scenery sets out there for Transformers to use for that.

Offline Darknight

• Explore Our Universe
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2019, 08:08 AM »
Update #4 will be coming very soon!

Offline Darknight

• Explore Our Universe
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 04, 2019, 05:57 PM »
Update #4 has arrived! In this update we are actually going to head back to the entrance of Universal Studios as I have made some much needed updates. These updates include: all new landscaping/foliage, added planters, new entrance fountain, new billboard advertisements, a new Universal Studios entrance building(Special thanks to CaptainEO!), new ticket sale queues, and a preview of the New York area of the park.

Update #4: The Upgraded Park Entrance

New Universal Studios Administration Building(Set from CaptainEO)

New Fountain and Trees

New Billboards and added Foliage

Added Trees and Planters

New Ticket Queues

Overview of the New Entrance Area

New York Buildings Preview

That is all for this update. I would like to thank CaptainEO again for his awesome entrance building CS set! What do you guys think of the changes? Let me know in the comments below and next time we will definitely check out the New York area of the park in full detail.