Universal Studios Florida Recreation

• 106 replies

Offline Darknight

• Explore Our Universe
    • View Profile
Re: Universal Studios Florida Recreation
« Reply #60 on: July 08, 2019, 08:59 AM »
Update #6 has arrived! In this update we are going to do a general park update instead of focusing on just one area of the park as we have done previously. This update will include progress on the: Today Show Café, Revenge of the Mummy, facades in the Hollywood area of the park, and Independence day décor.

Update #6: The Independence Day Celebration

Walls are up at the Boulangerie

New Food and Beverage Stand

Lucy Tribute Courtyard (Will be updated to Hello Kitty Store soon)

Hollywood Facades beginning to take Shape

New Signage at Revenge of the Mummy

Revenge of the Mummy Lockers

Production Central Mural Added

Independence Day Signage at Music Plaza

That is all for this update. I hope everyone enjoyed their 4th of July holiday! As always feel free to leave any comments or suggestions below. In the next update I will be doing an Aerial Update of the park so you can get a sense of scale and overall progress so far.

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 08, 2019, 12:41 PM »
As you continue to add more details and more additions, this just gets better and better.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2019, 01:32 PM by shyguy »
Browse the Best of the Workshop at the Planet Coaster Depot

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 08, 2019, 01:31 PM »
The new Revenge of the Mummy signage adds to the spectacle and grandeur of the entrance. :)

Offline cody

• Unlock the magic within!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 08, 2019, 04:59 PM »
The 4th of July decorations are great! It is small details that will make your project pop! I know facade work will take some time to get it to that "just right" look. I know I cannot refrain from using certain "building styles" because they are so easy to me. Your New York/Mummy facades are looking good, and I am definitely see you developing more and more which is exactly what I love seeing!

Offline Darknight

• Explore Our Universe
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 08, 2019, 08:16 PM »
As you continue to add more details and more additions, this just gets better and better.

Thank you Shyguy! I am truly honored to be selected for the SGW Snapshot. :)

The new Revenge of the Mummy signage adds to the spectacle and grandeur of the entrance. :)

Thank you. The signage is just the beginning and more is in store for this awesome ride very soon!

The 4th of July decorations are great! It is small details that will make your project pop! I know facade work will take some time to get it to that "just right" look. I know I cannot refrain from using certain "building styles" because they are so easy to me. Your New York/Mummy facades are looking good, and I am definitely see you developing more and more which is exactly what I love seeing!

Thanks for the feedback! As you have stated above the facades shown in Hollywood are in the very early stages of development and will see various improvements as I continue to work on that area. The facades you see in New York took several builds until I approved of how they looked in comparison to the real ones you see in the actual park.

Offline Walle_Epcot

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 09, 2019, 12:30 PM »
I love the use of non-cs with the cs as it actually looks like its all non-CS. Parks like this make me really miss RCT!

Offline Darknight

• Explore Our Universe
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 09, 2019, 01:30 PM »
I love the use of non-cs with the cs as it actually looks like its all non-CS. Parks like this make me really miss RCT!

Thank you! I try to use a healthy blend of both and my goal is to make it look seamless. Glad I have achieved that and it also helps the park file size if you know what I mean!  :P

Offline hhnman234

• RCT3 Forever and Always.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 09, 2019, 01:33 PM »
I love this update and how this park is coming along. Nice work!

Offline Darknight

• Explore Our Universe
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 09, 2019, 01:42 PM »
I love this update and how this park is coming along. Nice work!

Thanks for the feedback!

Offline Darknight

• Explore Our Universe
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 16, 2019, 07:16 PM »
Welcome to Update #7! In this update we will take to the skies and see the park from a different perspective. You will get to see the park from above to see the size and scope of the project as well as seeing the entire park in a single photo!

Update #7: The Aerial Update

Entrance Area

Production Central

New York

Universal Studios Florida Park Wide

That is all for this update! As always feel free to leave any suggestions or comments below. In the next update we will see more progress on the park and a first look at the Revenge of the Mummy Queue.

Offline hhnman234

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 16, 2019, 08:28 PM »
Awesome update! I am loving it!

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 16, 2019, 10:44 PM »
There are some enticing views of Revenge of the Mummy here; looking forward to seeing that ride. I notice that some of the track is disappearing in the long shots (and the textures are kinda plain looking); have you tried moving the Draw Distance and Detail sliders up? It would make for even better screenshots. :)

Offline Darknight

• Explore Our Universe
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 19, 2019, 08:18 PM »
Awesome update! I am loving it!

Thanks!  :)

There are some enticing views of Revenge of the Mummy here; looking forward to seeing that ride. I notice that some of the track is disappearing in the long shots (and the textures are kinda plain looking); have you tried moving the Draw Distance and Detail sliders up? It would make for even better screenshots. :)

I honestly had no idea those existed until you said it!  ;D I am currently messing around with the sliders and will post a better overview picture very soon. Revenge of the Mummy is starting to come along and there will be an update on that soon!

Offline Darknight

• Explore Our Universe
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 20, 2019, 08:54 PM »
Universal Studios Florida Park Wide (Updated Resolution)

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 20, 2019, 10:05 PM »
Looks a little better now, Darknight. The track doesn't disappear anymore. Ditto, some of the path covers. And I'm seeing more detail in some of the walls as well. :)

Offline Darknight

• Explore Our Universe
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: July 21, 2019, 07:31 PM »
Looks a little better now, Darknight. The track doesn't disappear anymore. Ditto, some of the path covers. And I'm seeing more detail in some of the walls as well. :)

Thanks for the feedback! Appreciate the tips for the screenshots as well.  :)

Offline cody

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 26, 2019, 10:41 AM »
I am liking the progress on this park. The scaling of the buildings is pretty well done. Some things might be a little larger due to the scenery being used, but it does not detract from how accurate your recreation is to the real thing. My favorite section is the entrance area because it is incredible! Keep up the good work!  :D

Offline Darknight

• Explore Our Universe
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 29, 2019, 01:10 PM »
I am liking the progress on this park. The scaling of the buildings is pretty well done. Some things might be a little larger due to the scenery being used, but it does not detract from how accurate your recreation is to the real thing. My favorite section is the entrance area because it is incredible! Keep up the good work!  :D

Thanks for the feedback! The next update should be arriving very soon.  :)

Offline hhnman234

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 10, 2019, 04:35 PM »
I will be starting my annual HHN recreation using Brad's Universal recreation :D. Hopefully you will be able to add some HHN to your recreation.

Offline Darknight

• Explore Our Universe
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 10, 2019, 09:28 PM »
I will be starting my annual HHN recreation using Brad's Universal recreation :D. Hopefully you will be able to add some HHN to your recreation.

Yeah unfortunately the park is taking longer than I originally anticipated due to various factors. I wish you luck in your HHN recreation and hopefully I can have the park finished so you can recreate HHN30 in my recreation!  :)

Offline Darknight

• Explore Our Universe
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 12, 2019, 03:05 PM »
What do you want to see in the next update?

I have been actively working on various areas of the park instead of just one isolated area as this makes it more fun for me. As progress continues on the park I will occasionally let you guys decide what you want included in the next update! There will be a poll set up with options for you to pick and the top two or three options(depending on the amount) will be featured in the next update. You can also add on to these options in the comments if there is something else you would like to see. Keep in mind some of the options in the poll have been already in progress and others are not as far along as I want to get your feedback on what to work on next.

Voting Closes: August 17, 2019
« Last Edit: August 12, 2019, 03:11 PM by Darknight »

Offline cody

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 12, 2019, 08:01 PM »
Good idea to use a poll. I know sometimes I get jumbled up in the "laundry list" of projects and the different ideas.  :up:

Offline Darknight

• Explore Our Universe
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 13, 2019, 08:28 AM »
Good idea to use a poll. I know sometimes I get jumbled up in the "laundry list" of projects and the different ideas.  :up:

Thanks! I thought it would be a good idea as like you said there are so many things to work on and as I have been working on this I have realized that I have to vary my concentration. Working on the same areas for multiple days can get rather boring and it is more exciting to jump to different areas when I need a break.  :)

Offline hhnman234

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 13, 2019, 02:16 PM »
Yeah unfortunately the park is taking longer than I originally anticipated due to various factors. I wish you luck in your HHN recreation and hopefully I can have the park finished so you can recreate HHN30 in my recreation!  :)

I would be honored to recreate HHN 30 using your park! Count me in!

Offline Darknight

• Explore Our Universe
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 13, 2019, 08:03 PM »
I would be honored to recreate HHN 30 using your park! Count me in!

Sounds like a deal! :up:

Offline cody

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 14, 2019, 11:18 AM »
Trust me that is a good deal. He is a huge HHN fan and will make you proud!  :D

Offline JeriKY

• Theme Park Fusion
    • View Profile
    • Rollercoaster Twitter Info
« Reply #86 on: August 18, 2019, 09:07 AM »
As a Florida resident that lives pretty close to Universal, I am so happy to see this! ESPECIALLY in RCT3. It's so refreshing to see the community hasn't died! Thank you for keeping it alive and staying true to your passion!
Life can be like a roller coaster and just when you think you've had enough, and you're ready to get off the ride and take the calm, easy Merry-Go-Round; you change your mind, throw your hands in the air and ride the roller coaster all over again. That's exhilaration...that's living a bit on the edge...that's being ALIVE!
-Stacy Charter, 1999

Creator of Vision Entertainment

Offline hhnman234

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 18, 2019, 10:21 AM »
As a Florida resident that lives pretty close to Universal, I am so happy to see this! ESPECIALLY in RCT3. It's so refreshing to see the community hasn't died! Thank you for keeping it alive and staying true to your passion!

Also a FL resident and for theme park employee! I am very excited about this as I enjoy making Halloween Horror Nights recreations. I look foreword to using this park recreation to build HHN 30. :D

Offline Darknight

• Explore Our Universe
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 19, 2019, 10:46 AM »
Trust me that is a good deal. He is a huge HHN fan and will make you proud!  :D

Yeah when I first started this recreation he asked me about recreating HHN and when he showed me his work I knew it was something truly special!

Thank you for the kind words.  :)

Also a FL resident and for theme park employee! I am very excited about this as I enjoy making Halloween Horror Nights recreations. I look foreword to using this park recreation to build HHN 30. :D

Yes!  :D

Offline Darknight

• Explore Our Universe
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 19, 2019, 11:27 AM »
Universal Studios Florida Poll #1 Results. The votes are in for what you wanted to see in the next update and SGW has spoken! As stated in my previous post above, the top two to three options would be selected based on the amount of options and votes tallied. In this poll I decided to take the top two selections. Below are the winners of this poll that will be featured exclusively in the next update:

Universal Studios Florida Poll #1 Results

Revenge of the Mummy Progress with 57.1% of the vote

Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit Upgrades with 28.6% of the vote

I would like to thank everyone that voted in the very first poll for this park! Your feedback is greatly appreciated and helps me improve the park and continue to build this recreation. In the future I will periodically create more polls regarding updates and other areas of the park I would like more feedback on. As far as the next update we will see the Revenge of the Mummy Queue and on ride progress. For the Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit we will see a full queue remodel, courtyard redesign, track layout upgrades to be more accurate, and Music Plaza Stage cosmetic upgrades as well.