Universal Studios Florida Recreation

• 173 replies

Offline Darknight

• Explore Our Universe
    • View Profile
Re: Universal Studios Florida Recreation
« Reply #150 on: September 14, 2020, 08:16 AM »
Thanks guys for all the amazing comments! There will be an update very soon as I have been working on the park recently.  :)

Offline SJRizley95

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: September 15, 2020, 02:53 AM »
Can't wait :D
« Last Edit: September 17, 2020, 03:04 PM by SJRizley95 »

Offline Darknight

• Explore Our Universe
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: December 12, 2020, 08:32 PM »
A Message from the Darknight:

Hope everyone is doing well in this crazy year. Just wanted to give an update on the park. This project is not dead and progress will resume on the park shortly. Thanks for sticking around and get ready to ride the movies!

Offline Darknight

• Explore Our Universe
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: December 27, 2020, 12:41 PM »
Update #14 has finally arrived! In this update we will look at the progress on the Hollywood area of the park including some façade progress as well as Mel's Drive In. We will also look at how the layout of the park is progressing and see the progress of the Hollywood area from the lagoon.

Update #14: Hollywood and Mel's Drive In

Heading to Hollywood we can see more Palm Trees and Construction Walls

An Updated Look at the Brown Derby

Across the Street

The Remaining Hollywood Facades are still in Progress

Heading to Mel's Drive In

The Outdoor Patio has been added to Mel's Drive In

Overview of the Area

And a look from the Lagoon

That is all for this update. As always feel free to leave a comment and leave me any suggestions you guys have below. In the next update we will look at more of the Hollywood Area.

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: December 27, 2020, 02:33 PM »
Looking real nice, Darknight. Have you considered making an actual big brown derby atop the restaurant like the real one had in the early years? I realize you're doing a re-creation of the Florida park and that they probably don't have the old-style derby on top. Also, there was more than one real Brown Derby restaurant in the greater L.A. area. I think only one of them had the derby on top, but that's the one that's always in the old postcards and such. I wonder how it could be done in RCT3? The top could be a dome of some sort, but the curved brim might not be possible with what's available. Sorry, just letting thoughts tumble out of my head and onto the page. :whistling:

Offline hhnman234

• RCT3 Forever and Always.
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: December 27, 2020, 06:24 PM »
I am so happy to see this back in action and cant wait to see more progress! Great work!

Offline SJRizley95

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: December 31, 2020, 05:39 AM »
Looking good!! :D

Offline Darknight

• Explore Our Universe
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: January 05, 2021, 02:36 PM »
Looking real nice, Darknight. Have you considered making an actual big brown derby atop the restaurant like the real one had in the early years? I realize you're doing a re-creation of the Florida park and that they probably don't have the old-style derby on top. Also, there was more than one real Brown Derby restaurant in the greater L.A. area. I think only one of them had the derby on top, but that's the one that's always in the old postcards and such. I wonder how it could be done in RCT3? The top could be a dome of some sort, but the curved brim might not be possible with what's available. Sorry, just letting thoughts tumble out of my head and onto the page. :whistling:

Thanks JB! It is funny you say that about the Brown Derby. I have been searching for stuff to use for it and have been at a standstill as the options are limited. There are some dome sets available, but all the ones I looked at were not recolorable. I have been trying to get creative with the curved walls but it is kind of hard to use them for the roof component.

I am so happy to see this back in action and cant wait to see more progress! Great work!

Thanks! Glad to be able to continue working on it.  :)

Looking good!! :D

Thanks man! Hope to have more updates soon.

Offline SJRizley95

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: February 03, 2021, 03:45 PM »
Something I am working on in 3ds Max that might make it in to the set with the film footage VFX depends on time! motion tracking will be involved!!

Might add test video to my channel with set in rct3!

https://imgur.com/AFUWyDL

Offline Darknight

• Explore Our Universe
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: February 05, 2021, 09:12 AM »
Something I am working on in 3ds Max that might make it in to the set with the film footage VFX depends on time! motion tracking will be involved!!

Might add test video to my channel with set in rct3!

https://imgur.com/AFUWyDL

That looks so cool! Excited to see more with that. Still working on the park and hope to have another update very soon.  :)

Offline SJRizley95

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: February 05, 2021, 02:24 PM »
Thanks I am thinking of using it for some of the wide shots subtly so it wont stand out as much as that test but hopefully makes it more realistic.

Can not what for an update, would like to see how the lagoon looks. I have already saved some camera angles and moves to be used using reference form videos YouTube.

Offline hhnman234

• View Profile
« Reply #161 on: March 10, 2021, 02:59 PM »
We miss those updates. Hope yall are doing well.

Offline SJRizley95

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: March 29, 2021, 04:46 PM »
I am planning to have some updates soon with some VFX, I just updated to a new PC from an AMD A6 (had for 4-5 Years) to a AMD Ryzen 5 3400g. Much faster!!! got programs installed and ready to render footage!!

Don't worry have not forgotten  :D

Offline Darknight

• Explore Our Universe
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: March 29, 2021, 10:00 PM »
Has Anyone seen Bourne..... :-X

Offline SJRizley95

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: March 30, 2021, 12:10 PM »
Looks good!!

Offline hhnman234

• View Profile
« Reply #165 on: March 30, 2021, 07:05 PM »
That looks awesome! What set did you use to build that?

Offline Darknight

• Explore Our Universe
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: April 01, 2021, 06:06 PM »
Looks good!!

Thanks! Should have some more updates to share soon. :)

That looks awesome! What set did you use to build that?

Glad you like it! I used a combination of three sets, Ralfvieh's Sci Fi set to achieve all the cool lighting decorations on the building, Ralfvieh's Antique World for the walls due to less restrictions on placement, and a glass windows set.

Offline cody

• Unlock the magic within!
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: May 04, 2021, 01:35 PM »
I have been bad at replying. I love what you are doing, and you are using similar techniques as I do. As for building, you are definitely keeping close to the details with what is similar to real life in relation to what is available. I might say for Production Central some buildings (Jimmy Fallon, Gru's House) do seem a bit larger in scale. I know it is very difficult to get things just right, and that is one of the few things I am seeing is the scaling of  different buildings is off. Your latest update(s) you can definitely see that you are nailing the scaling much better than previous, so I am sure you have a lot of "placeholders" to get an idea of an accurate layout. Otherwise, well done and please keep up the amazing work!   :D

Offline Darknight

• Explore Our Universe
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: May 07, 2021, 09:19 PM »
I have been bad at replying. I love what you are doing, and you are using similar techniques as I do. As for building, you are definitely keeping close to the details with what is similar to real life in relation to what is available. I might say for Production Central some buildings (Jimmy Fallon, Gru's House) do seem a bit larger in scale. I know it is very difficult to get things just right, and that is one of the few things I am seeing is the scaling of  different buildings is off. Your latest update(s) you can definitely see that you are nailing the scaling much better than previous, so I am sure you have a lot of "placeholders" to get an idea of an accurate layout. Otherwise, well done and please keep up the amazing work!   :D

Thanks for the feedback Cody! I have been trying to get better at scaling and looking back I can definitely see what you mean with Fallon and Gru's house. I will definitely have to go back to those two and modify the scaling a little bit. As far as Hollywood, it is definitely coming along and I should have some more to share very soon. Thanks for following along and I look forward to seeing more of your parks as well.  :)

Offline Darknight

• Explore Our Universe
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: May 12, 2021, 11:00 AM »
Updates are Coming!

The Hollywood Area is seeing some major progress that I will be able to share very soon. We will also be taking a look at some other areas that are seeing some slight modifications. Stay tuned and get ready to ride the movies!  :)

Offline 4Locke

• "Don't Tell Me What I Can't Do"
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: May 12, 2021, 11:51 AM »
I love what you’ve done with this project so far! Keep up the excellent work :)
« Last Edit: May 13, 2021, 11:12 PM by 4Locke »

Offline Darknight

• Explore Our Universe
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: June 11, 2021, 12:16 PM »
Update #15 has finally arrived! In this update we will see more progress in the Hollywood themed area of the park as well as addressing some scaling issues with the Race Through New York façade in the New York themed area of the park.

Update #15: Hollywood, Fallon, and Hello Kitty

Scaling has been addressed on the Race Through New York Facade (Before)

After

Heading over to Hollywood

The Hello Kitty Overlay has Begun

Hollywood is Growing with More Facades

Aerial View of Hollywood

And a View from the Lagoon

That is all for this update! Let me know what you guys think of the changes and feel free to leave me any suggestions below.

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: June 11, 2021, 03:50 PM »
Nice to see an update on this. I like the Walk of Fame. Will there be a Grauman's Chinese Theater façade? (Not sure if that's part of Universal Studios Fla.) In the aerial shot it looks like maybe the theater's courtyard is already there? (on the right)

Offline hhnman234

• View Profile
« Reply #173 on: June 11, 2021, 06:17 PM »
This is looking awesome! Love the update! As someone who has been re-hired as Security for Universal Orlando, coded for USF, this is looking perfect!