Coal Creek Park

• 4 replies

Offline Beyondyou

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
Coal Creek Park
« on: December 19, 2018, 05:23 PM »
Hey everyone! I'd like to introduce/re-introduce you to Coal Creek Park! I've been working on this park for about a year now with an 8-month break thrown in there lol.  I realized I haven't posted this park over here and I've recently started building in it again so figured now was the best time to share it with everyone here!

Youtube Playlist(The quality of video goes up a lot as the series goes on  :sweat:) https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLsenCfBA-_Q9RpB8KeJTyoYFUWdmS9elf

And some pictures of the park as of today(12/19/2018)

Re: Coal Creek Park
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2018, 06:02 AM »
i love the rustic feel of this area

Offline Redhair

• Can't... Stop... Playing...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2018, 07:31 AM »
Corner building on the 3rd pic  :love:

Very good, you can feel the atmosphere of the park! Keep it up!

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2018, 10:33 AM »
I love the name of the park and the execution so far.  This has always been my favorite park style and something I really haven't been able to pull off with planet coaster yet.

One critique:  Picture 3, I know what you're trying to do with the lighter gray brick color, but the contrast is a little bit jarring.  Maybe at least try to tone it down on the horizontal pieces and see how it looks from there?

Thanks for posting it at SGW, welcome aboard, and hope to see a lot more of you.

Offline Beyondyou

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2018, 03:02 PM »
i love the rustic feel of this area
Thank you! I love building in the rustic style

Corner building on the 3rd pic  :love:

Very good, you can feel the atmosphere of the park! Keep it up!
Thank you! That corner building was from a Google Image search of American Main Streets 1950s or something like that.

I love the name of the park and the execution so far.  This has always been my favorite park style and something I really haven't been able to pull off with planet coaster yet.

One critique:  Picture 3, I know what you're trying to do with the lighter gray brick color, but the contrast is a little bit jarring.  Maybe at least try to tone it down on the horizontal pieces and see how it looks from there?

Thanks for posting it at SGW, welcome aboard, and hope to see a lot more of you.

Thank you! A lot of what makes this kind of park tick are the terrain changes throughout I think. You get different elevation points throughout the park. Little natural lookout points if you will.

Thank you for the critique! I haven't touched that area in almost a year so it's due to take a look at it again. I'll give your suggestion a go  :up: