Pixelland - a realistic mega park [PixelWess89]

• 9 replies
Pixelland - a realistic mega park [PixelWess89]
« on: December 23, 2018, 02:24 AM »
Finally! After 9 months and hundreds of hours later Pixelland is finished. This is my fifth mega park and mainly focuses on realism, different themes and even more coasters than before. The top view of Pixelland is breathtaking. You can see the structure of the park, including the surrounding area with the parking and roads.

Rate if you like it ⭐️ Steam Workshop Link ▸ https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1599112597

Pixelland has a large hotel, including a swimming pool and private parking. In the park you will find numerous attractions and themes. The park has 7 roller coasters, 2 water rides and 14 rides. I tried to bring as many realistic details as possible to the park so you get a real and unique theme park feeling when visiting Pixelland. I hope you will have a lot of fun.

« Last Edit: December 23, 2018, 10:32 AM by PixelWess89 »
Check out my Planet Coaster Steam Workshop 'PixelWess89':
http://steamcommunity.com/id/pixelwess89/myworkshopfiles/?appid=493340

Offline cap396

• View Profile
Re: Pixelland now available for download [PixelWess89]
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2018, 03:52 AM »
That is some amazing talent.  Very well done.

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
Re: Pixelland - a realistic mega park [PixelWess89]
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2018, 04:54 PM »
I really enjoyed this park, Px!  The whole road network and parking looked both realistic and attractive.  I also liked the coasters, especially Dizzill :).

I have a suggestion, though.  When you have billboard files, PLEASE use a naming convention for the files that identifies them not only as your but also which park they go in.  Such as PixLand-whatever.  This has a number of benefits to all, such as 1) If I want to use one of your files later, I know who to credit, 2) if I want to unsubuscribe to your park, I can easily identify and delete, and 3) while you're making the park, you can easily see which files go with which park so it's easier to make sure you round them all up for the final zip you upload.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2018, 06:53 PM by Bullethead »
-Bullethead
NIHIL INIQVIVS QVAM ÆQVITATEM NIMIS INTENDERE
My Steam Workshop page

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2018, 06:00 AM »
Thanks you very much, glad you both like it.

Thanks a lot for the great billboard tip Bullethead, I will do this for my next parks, very helpfull.

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2018, 10:29 PM »
Another great park. The level of realism was definitely higher in this park than your others. The parking lots and roads into the park were really well done. I loved the sounds in the park and the music playing in all the lands. My favorite ride was SubAquatic. I was blown away as it plunged under the water. I really felt like I was underwater and I was thinking "how did he do that?" I wasn't at all expecting that when I got on the ride.
I liked the Kompel Shaft too, although I almost completely missed it. But not a single peep would ride it, and I had over 6000 peeps in the park at one point. Too bad, because you put a lot of work into it, especially the exterior.
Anyway, I had lots of fun exploring the park. Great job!!
Browse the Best of the Workshop at the Planet Coaster Depot

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2018, 04:21 AM »
Thank you very much Shyguy for your wonderful comment, glad you like SubAquatic. It was the intention that it would be confusing and a sort of ilussion. I also do not understand why nobody wants to ride the shaft, I have already looked for it, but I can not find a solution. In addition, the system of the ride does not work well in a full park by the fps. Time goes 'faster' than the events and you get wrong triggers. Again, Thank you very much.

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2018, 05:58 AM »
Wonderful park, man!  I just LOVE all the details and your paths are amazing.  It feels like a real park.  Question: where is the sequencer for the water show at the front of the park?  I couldn't find it.   :confused:  I agree with Shyguy; Kompel Shaft and SubAquatic were the real stand-out rides.  EXCELLENT job!

« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2018, 12:10 AM »
Thank you very much Fisherman, glad you like it a lot and it feels like a real park. Yes you can find the sequencer at the music center (see map). It's a small small small show and plays everyday at 10 am.

Offline AemJaY

• Swiss Coaster builder
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2019, 11:35 PM »
yepp this park is awesome. as I told you on twitter on reddit and everywhere :) I tell it here one more time! THIS PARK IS AWESOME!
Streamer and Youtuber from switzerland!
Visit: !twitter! // !Youtube // !Twitch

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2019, 01:00 AM »
Thanks a lot AemJaY , glad you like it so much